Steve Jansen single on iTunes

Official releases, promos, bootlegs and memorabilia.

Steve Jansen single on iTunes

Postby inkinthewell on Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:47 pm

Hello. This is my first post, and I hope someone can help me with this: I was mucking about on the iTunes music store and I came up with a Steve Jansen single called 'Now he dreams'. I got it in no time, of course, but I haven't been able to find anything about it on the internet, not even on Steve's site.
Does anybody know if this is a preview of his solo album, or what the hell it is?
By the way: it's great!

P.S. on the iTunes store, whilst the title is in english, Steve's name appears in japanese characters!
P.P.S. Always on iTunes: a Penguin Café Orchestra Tribute by various artists has been added, and Steve's on that too!
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:33 pm

Steve's album is already available for pre-order on cdjapn - the title (according to this site) is "Slope" with and October 24 release date. Here's the link - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=PVCP-8782

The PCO album was mentioned a while back on Steve's site, but haven't heard if it's been released or not.

As usual, Samadhisound is the last to provide any update. Who runs the website for them, or do they manage it themselves?
Last edited by heartofdavid on Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sonic_chronicler on Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:43 pm

Interesting. The release date on iTunes says 14th March 2007 with the label as "Flavour Of Sound"

Flavour Of Sound is a Japanese label that has released previous Jansen related items.

Odd it hasn't been mentioned in despatches. Sounds quite nice btw - nothing startling, an instrumental, but very Jansen.

If you don't want to buy in case it is on the upcoming album, you can listen to it on Lastfm

Sonic
sonic_chronicler
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:56 pm

sonic_chronicler wrote:Interesting. The release date on iTunes says 14th March 2007 with the label as "Flavour Of Sound"

I think the item you're referring to is this release from 2001 - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=FVCC-80133

The song on iTunes is on this album, but I understand the song is older than this release.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sonic_chronicler on Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:24 am

Hadn't heard (of) it until last night - good find
sonic_chronicler
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby tallulahtaurus on Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:49 am

Thanks for the heads up. I love this song muchly, in trying to describe why I descend into using phrases like its aaalll chimey and tinkley so I shall go no further into analysis lest I appear even more stupid...

Its a nice accompaniment to a wandering mind.
"This island of blue
Where life clings to your hands
Like water and sand
Will loose it's way when you're gone"
tallulahtaurus
Obsessed
Obsessed

Return to Music, Video, Memorabilia