Moonshadow Comic arrived!

Official releases, promos, bootlegs and memorabilia.

Postby lastgoldstar on Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:59 am

Welcome, Christophe! :)

Wow, thank you for the information! I'm definitely going to have to buy this.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Savoy on Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:02 pm

heartofdavid wrote:
Silver Moon wrote:That's cool you're a slash writer!! What's your favorite pairing? hehe...

Oh yes, Do you know where I can see the cover of this Allan manga- Sounds... Interesting... Ok- Off to scan!
I write Duran, Japan and crossover slash. I also like to use OCs (other characters), sometimes in a pairing and sometimes as a supporting character. To write, my favorite pairing for Duran slash is Simon/Nick, David/Mick for Japan, and David/Nick for crossover.

I just posted the "Allan" cover, it's a small pic.

Is it wrong that I'm really curious about this "yaoi" scene and your Mick/David... ummm... "fiction"? :smt083

(Mick or David, if you ever read this, so sorry.)
"I will not move my army without onions."
Ulysses S. Grant
Savoy
Regular
Regular

Postby heartofdavid on Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:04 am

Savoy wrote:Is it wrong that I'm really curious about this "yaoi" scene and your Mick/David... ummm... "fiction"? :smt083

(Mick or David, if you ever read this, so sorry.)

Why would it be wrong?

If you're really interested, I co-moderate a community on livejournal called japan_stories (http://community.livejournal.com/japan_stories/profile). The stories posted there range in ratings from G to NC-17 and all of them are slash (male/male relationships), except for one that I wrote called "Time Spent", a long heterosexual story which is the first fanfic I ever wrote.

It's a small community, 35 members but only 3 writers. If you would care to join and read the stories, you need to have a livejournal account and must be 17 or older. The latter is due to a requirement by livejournal for any community that contains adult material. Stories rated R or NC-17 are locked posts and can only be read by members.

There's an index of stories by author on the user info page; I write under the same name I use here.

I would recommend all the stories there, but some by me that you might enjoy are:
"Obscure Alternatives" - a thriller pairing David/Mick, it also has Rich and Steve in it, contains a few graphic scenes. (NC-17). It's a fairly long story and among the first that I wrote.
"A Silence So Rare" - Rated PG, a short story, I can't really say anything about it without giving away the plot. ;)
"Enlightenment" - short, angsty piece with David/Mick, slightly graphic, rated R.
"Nowhere to Run" - a long story with David and Steve as young teenagers, it's slashy only in subtext. It's about the brothers and a difficult problem they face. It's rated PG-13.

I have more stories at this community, several of them crossovers with characters from Japan and Duran.

I don't think any of the guys (if they ever read these stories) would be upset or embarrassed by them. I think many of the writers I know write very good stories with strong plots and well portrayed characters. The interest is in writing well, that's primary. :) I've heard from good authority in one instance that David was amused; they are aware that fanfiction is written about them.

I also write and post stories at duran_stories on livejournal, same thing about the index and membership requirements. That community is quite large, I think about 240 members with more than 30 writers.

Apologies for the long babble.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:44 am

Thanks a lot for the info!! I'm a lj member , so I'll check them out!! Although I haven't wrote a fanfiction since I was 11 or 12 years old!! :lol: But I would love to read that stories!!
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:11 pm

Great! I hope you join the community and enjoy the stories. :)

I didn't start writing fanfic until 2004, already in my 40s, although I knew about it for a long time. A friend (Ladyxenax, the moderator of japan_stories) encouraged me to try my hand at it.

I prefer writing slash fanfic rather than het fanfic because I've found the slash stories (in most fanfdoms) to be better written. I think most of the het fanfics I've read are boring with uninteresting plots and two-dimensional characters. Not all of them, there are certainly very good het fanfics out there.

I also find it a challenge to write from a male perspective, particularly a gay perspective, trying to put myself in that mindset and understand the feelings and issues involved.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:26 pm

That's great. I definetely have to check those out.
Maybe some day I'll dare to write one myself , though I think it'll be easier if I write it on my own language first and then translate it!! :-)
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:39 pm

Many of the writers at both communities are from countries where English is not the first language. For myself and the two other writers at japan_stories, English is not our first language; Ladyxenax is from Russia, Maldeluxx is from Finland and I'm from the States but didn't learn English until I started school here at 5 years old.

None of that detracts from the writing, I don't think. In fact, I think it adds a particular, unique style to the individual writer's stories. Each of us does have a beta, so that does help obviously in assisting with editing, content or both, whatever's needed.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Previous

Return to Music, Video, Memorabilia