When loud weather buffeted Naoshima on CD

Official releases, promos, bootlegs and memorabilia.

When loud weather buffeted Naoshima on CD

Postby camphorvan on Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:54 pm

Looks like I might have been the first person to spot this.
The soundtrack DS did for the 'When loud weather buffeted Naoshima' installation will be released on CD (sound cd ss0011), seemingly not (or in addition to) as a download from the Sylvian site.

So, there you go.

http://www.davidsylvian.com/other_writings/david_sylvian_biography_july_2007.html

Hurrah! Got my ticket finally for the festival hall. Thought I was going to miss out too!

Cheers all

C x
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:13 pm

Interesting to see the new biography - very impersonal and distancing, imo. It reads like the press releases Virgin used to issue, tossing in appropriate quotes for good measure or the wanky writing found in corporate brochures (spoutage provided by CEO and assorted VPs).

Good news about the release though.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Sylvie on Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:30 pm

well, the biography seems to be mainly based on http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/f ... id-sylvian same writer of course. but i find that article quite personal.
Sylvie
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby heartofdavid on Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:49 pm

That old interview is very personal but it's also a dialogue between two people - the format itself makes it personal.

Hid old bio, which I'm guessing he wrote, read like he was talking directly to the reader - the new one doesn't. It sounds like bits and pieces were pulled together from another source and in fact that's what it is.

I miss the personal aspect of it - there's so little of that type of thing on the site as it is, the photos are the exception. I prefer how Steve has developed his portion of the site. Just me being a fan and looking for that personal involvement factor...
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Music, Video, Memorabilia