One Of The Holy Grail Items Of Japan

Official releases, promos, bootlegs and memorabilia.

One Of The Holy Grail Items Of Japan

Postby Tanya80 on Sat May 05, 2007 4:16 pm

hello all, hope your saturday is going well, since my b'day is next month, i decided to get some pre-b'day gifts ( case in point, the David Sylvian poster ), then too, i have to start saving for the trip this summer :), anywho, the item i bought is Japan 1980 Tour Program Book, filled w/ amazing pictures of the guys :D, here are the pictures that are featured in the book ***courtesy of the pictures from the seller of the book***

Tanya80
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Sat May 05, 2007 5:27 pm

You know what? I got that one in the mail this week too :lol: Probably from the same seller if it was ebay, he has sold me most of my Japan programs.
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Sat May 05, 2007 6:09 pm

Oh my word I'm speechless.

Mr. Sylvian and the others are just absolutely gorgeous. I love that phase he went through with the hat and the lot of makeup... I love that!

I sure hope the gallery can see bigger versions of these pics ;)

Congrats on winning that, Tan! And happy early birthday!!

-K
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby sisterlondon on Sat May 05, 2007 8:04 pm

See Kera, I'm not THAT fond of that phase. For me it was a bit too much make up. But I am a completist and want to get it all ;)

I prefer the Tin Drum era, bring on Steve of those days! :lol:
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Sun May 06, 2007 12:29 pm

sisterlondon wrote:See Kera, I'm not THAT fond of that phase. For me it was a bit too much make up. But I am a completist and want to get it all ;)

I prefer the Tin Drum era, bring on Steve of those days! :lol:

Ooohh I second that emotion! ;-) Drool

I used to have it all! :cry: Now Mother Nature has taken most of my 80's stuff (see my disasterous Easter post in Open Season) - or my bank manager is making me sell it so I can clear my debts.

I have decided that I will rebuild part of my collection, but I will base it around how much there is on Steve. I shall have to have a "Steve-a moniter" (or Steve-athon) and mark it from 1-20 or something.

Anyway, I saw that tour programme too, and was tempted to get it but there wasn't enough pics of Steve! I'm glad a fellow J_S member got it instead.
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Sun May 06, 2007 4:45 pm

Steerpike wrote:I used to have it all! :cry: Now Mother Nature has taken most of my 80's stuff (see my disasterous Easter post in Open Season) - or my bank manager is making me sell it so I can clear my debts.
I never did see the follow-up to that post - did that last box in the attic contain your Japan collection? Were you able to salvage it after the pest control people were done?
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Sun May 06, 2007 8:34 pm

heartofdavid wrote:
Steerpike wrote:I used to have it all! :cry: Now Mother Nature has taken most of my 80's stuff (see my disasterous Easter post in Open Season) - or my bank manager is making me sell it so I can clear my debts.
I never did see the follow-up to that post - did that last box in the attic contain your Japan collection? Were you able to salvage it after the pest control people were done?

It doesn't look good :cry: The wasp's nest is taken a gradual process as it was a active nest and they have sprayed something on it to freeze it and will remove it in winter. I still don't know if my Japan collection is up there, but the workmen did take a look at the boxes and they said that most of the paper had been chewed up (we'd a family of squirrels living up there a few years ago) and the rest was so damp it looked like papier mache!
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby GentlemenTakePolaroids on Mon May 07, 2007 9:38 am

Silver Moon wrote:Oh my word I'm speechless.

Mr. Sylvian and the others are just absolutely gorgeous. I love that phase he went through with the hat and the lot of makeup... I love that!

-K

Yeah, that's a favorite phase of mine for David, but your right, sisterlondon, Tin Drim IS Steve's best phase.

Great purchase Tanya80!
GentlemenTakePolaroids
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby heartofdavid on Mon May 07, 2007 10:03 am

Steerpike wrote:It doesn't look good :cry: ...I still don't know if my Japan collection is up there, but the workmen did take a look at the boxes and they said that most of the paper had been chewed up (we'd a family of squirrels living up there a few years ago) and the rest was so damp it looked like papier mache!

No, it doesn't sound promising - what a crappy thing to have happened. :(

Hope you'll be able to start rebuilding the collection soon, and find some nice items.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Nath on Mon May 07, 2007 2:22 pm

that's great!!!

Nath
Nath
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Mon May 07, 2007 3:20 pm

Good luck rebuilding your collection Steerpike! *hugs*
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Wed May 16, 2007 3:05 pm

sisterlondon wrote:Good luck rebuilding your collection Steerpike! *hugs*

Thanks sisterlondon. I do remember some of the articles that I wanted to find. When I get back from my holiday (I'm going to Tenerife on Friday for a week), I'll make a list and see if anyone here has them in their collection that they can copy for me.

The one I was really gutted about losing was the interview Mick did with ZigZag magazine, literally days after finding out about David and Yuka. Having worked in magazines, I know it's the type of interview that's a god-send and a curse. He knew the writer (I think she was female too) and he was so raw amd gutted that it all came out and she must have wondered just how much of it she could actually write about! I also remember that Steve was there as well, but I don't think he said much - if anything. I think he was described as "sitting on the floor, eating peanuts, looking mean, moody and magnificent"
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Wed May 16, 2007 3:20 pm

@ Steerpike - I have that Zigzag article you mentioned. Yeah, Mick was a bit off in that one. Steve took the photos for it, several shirtless ones of Mick. The interviewer asked him why he wants photos like those and he responded "Because I know it will piss David off" (something to that effect). Mick later apologized for his comments, saying he was out of it at the time. Steve made some harsh statements later about the interviewer - that she took advantage of Mick's condition.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby tallulahtaurus on Thu May 17, 2007 12:41 pm

Oh I wanna read that zig zag magazine so, so much, I keep watching ebay...hoping, but never it never happens.... :(

Don't spose y'all know anywhere I can read it online d'ya?? I haven't been able to find it...
"This island of blue
Where life clings to your hands
Like water and sand
Will loose it's way when you're gone"
tallulahtaurus
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Tanya80 on Fri May 18, 2007 9:48 am

ooo, the zig zag interview sounds interesting.....a couple of days ago, found out that, the tour book is on it's way :D
Tanya80
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Next

Return to Music, Video, Memorabilia