Despair lyrics

Official releases, promos, bootlegs and memorabilia.

Despair lyrics

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:15 am

Anyone knows where I can find a translation of the lyrics of Despair??

or maybe someone could translate them for me??

Thank you!!
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Bridget on Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:48 am

I was looking for the Despair lyrics a week ago too.
I found it here:
http://www.lyricshornet.com/327586/Japan-Despair-Lyrics

Doucement, ne les derangez pas Il y a des gens qui vive comme ca
Les artistes de demain En desespoir agreable

Translation:

Quietly, now, don't disturb them There are people who live like that The artists of tomorrow In pleasant despair
Bridget
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:34 pm

Thanks a lot!!
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Brecht on Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:57 pm

Doucement, ne les dérangez pas
Il y a des gens qui vivent comme ça
Les artistes de demain
En désespoir agréable

This is the right spelling. :wink:
Brecht
Regular
Regular

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Tue May 01, 2007 4:41 pm

Thanks!! :P
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby BeehiveSecrets on Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:17 am

i adore this song, seriously. it's so depressing and dull, in such a charming way! now that i found out the meaning of the lyrics i love it even more. i'm learning french, but after not being able to find the meaning of those lyrics by myself 'i felt so low' :l anyway, thank you.
BeehiveSecrets
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:58 pm

Totally agree with you. It's so dark and beautiful. I've found myself several tomes crying to this song.
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby BeehiveSecrets on Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:08 am

aww, crying! poor thing, David wouldn't like you to cry to his songs.. would he? :o
BeehiveSecrets
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby proggrl on Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:15 am

Well, I hope he'd be OK with it, cos I've done it quite often. Just goes to show how much his music moves people.
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby BeehiveSecrets on Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:19 am

you couldn't tell it in a more beautiful way, could you! i do agree that his music is moving, really.
BeehiveSecrets
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Shadowey on Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:13 am

Does anyone have a live version of this song?
Shadowey
Noob
Noob

Postby camphorvan on Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:30 am

I don't have a live version of Despair - can barely bring myself to listen to the studio version. I may be of a minority here, but I think it one of the weakest songs in the Japan cannon, whilst tracks like Fall In Love With Me, Halloween, Alien, The Other Side of Life and In Vogue some of the strongest. I think there is an honesty, free of pretension, in the arrangements you don't really get later on and I think the lyrics are some of the strongest too; very impressionistic and summoning up this sense of being quite lost without labouring the point. Plus, it has guitars. Guitars are always good. I've been listening to those songs really closely lately and I really think they still stand up to scrutiny. Plus they really seem to fit the unbelievably miserable, dreary, grey summer we're experiencing in the UK at the moment.

Ho hum.
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Shadowey on Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:18 pm

Despair is one of my favorite songs on Quiet Life. The only thing that gets to me about it is the 'drums.' :? The horrible repeated five second beat starts before and finishes after everything else and it drives me crazy... The rest of it I enjoy.

Figured maybe a live version would fix this, they'd have Steve doing something more interesting with it. Or maybe there's a demo version? Something...
Shadowey
Noob
Noob

Postby BeehiveSecrets on Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:43 am

camphorvan wrote: Plus they really seem to fit the unbelievably miserable, dreary, grey summer we're experiencing in the UK at the moment.

haha, how weird - here in Lithuania we're having one of the most wonderful summer in years - well, wonderful ain't be the right word, more like TROPICAL - it's hot and wet everywhere, not a cloud in the sky until evening comes - suddenly it starts rainging and thundering heavily. and Japan/Sylvian didin't seem to write happy summer songs.. but they go very good with a quiet evening, especially stuff like Quiet life or Tin Drum, not even mentioning most of David's solo haha.. the only album i can listen during a sunny day is Gentlemen take polaroids - to me that's also a track that could be easily called the "happiest" in their catalogue :)
BeehiveSecrets
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby camphorvan on Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:47 am

Totally agree Beehive; Gentlemen to me is a very summery record as is Tin Drum (the latter to do with my personal memories more than anything). Quiet Life to me is the archetypal winter record.

Glad to also see a picture of Gabriel from the mad Genesis years - I was a huge fan as a teen. The albums Trespass, Nursery Cryme, Genesis Live (ok - best forgotten that one), Foxtrot (brilliant!), Selling England By the Pound and Lamb Lies Down on Broadway (again; brilliant) are all really good.

I think the drum machine was either an 808 or a Linn; and yes it's probably the reason I get very irritated with Depsair - along with the lyrics pretentiously sung in French.

Anyhoo, just my opinion.

Toodle pip
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Next

Return to Music, Video, Memorabilia