another new video

Official releases, promos, bootlegs and memorabilia.

Re: OK...

Postby Steerpike on Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:42 pm

MoodyB wrote:...Here's the deal...
...To make this just a little sweeter, is there another video that anyone would like to be added to this tree?
I would make a list of what I have, but to be honest it would take to long to construct.
If there's a common consensus among you all of another disc to be added, I'll include it.
I have loads of discs filled with interviews, TV clips and bootleg concert videos...Not to mention the VHS tapes I haven't gotten around to converting to DVD yet.

So have a chat and a vote among yourselves and let me know what you want!

I'd love to join the tree, but if I don't have a DVD burner can I still join? :( The extra video footage I'd love you to add is something from Japan's farewell tour (pref with something that doesn't cut Steve out :) ). Also, if you have the Tiswas show where Mick got flanned, that would be magic.
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby The Analog Kid on Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:15 pm

Steerpike wrote: Also, if you have the Tiswas show where Mick got flanned, that would be magic.

sorry for this blatant 'noob'question here but what is the story on this??

cheers

Eric
Noone takes polaroids anymore
The Analog Kid
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Steerpike on Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:31 pm

erictak wrote:
Steerpike wrote: Also, if you have the Tiswas show where Mick got flanned, that would be magic.

sorry for this blatant 'noob'question here but what is the story on this??

cheers

Eric

It was one of the first times I saw Japan (or rather, a member of Japan). Tiswas was a kids show on Saturday mornings and there was a lot of slapstick and "flan thowing" (ie custard pies that clowns throw). Mick was on there promoting Quiet Life and was beautifully made up, wearing his lime green suit and his hair was in a ponytail. It was very much a "short question, short answer" type of thing and I can't remember what was was said, just that Mick looked totally bemused. At the end of the interview he got well and truly "flanned" (at least 4 custard pies on his face and head). I think he was "attacked" by the Phantom Flan Flinger.

I read somewhere that he wasn't actually supposed to be there, but was doing a friend a favour. Don't know who the friend was , but I think it did give Japan (and Mick) some great publicity.

Hope this makes sense Eric.!
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Previous

Return to Music, Video, Memorabilia