Project Japan/Sylvian Anthology-Videography

Official releases, promos, bootlegs and memorabilia.

Project Japan/Sylvian Anthology-Videography

Postby quietlife70 on Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:28 pm

Optimized-1395683017_tmp_Japan.jpg
Optimized-1395683017_tmp_Japan.jpg (154.81 KiB) Viewed 13125 times

So I was bored this weekend and decided to make a dvd of Japan and early Sylvian videos in good quality, since I'm tired of the crap versions I have found on ebay and I-offer.
Im actually quite proud of it, I just make these for myself..not into selling my stuff.
I wanted to make a good remastered compilation with the stuff I like from Japan and early Sylvian, and I put on as much as I could fit on each disc...which will probably change a few times knowing me.
anyways just wanted to share and see what people thought.
I'm attaching a link to the files if for some odd reason anyone wants to use them...
It is a pretty simple and to the point compilation and my idea was a kind of Exorcising Ghosts 2.0 with Instant Pictures 2.0 and now I have a set I like much better :D
here are the files:
http://quietlife70.deviantart.com/gallery/48701151
quietlife70
Noob
Noob

Re: Project Japan/Sylvian Anthology-Videography

Postby Quiet Visitor on Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:25 pm

Looks very professional. Too bad there aren't that many official video/dvd-releases of both Japan and their individual members. I guess only Richard with Porcupine Tree is well documented.
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby quietlife70 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:19 pm

Thanks much, I completely agree...Im tired of the record companies not doing what I want, so I just make them myself. 8)
I was happy to see the very best of compilation come out, but still missing stuff I would have liked.
quietlife70
Noob
Noob

Postby karnsculpture on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:25 pm

In Japan and Sylvian's case though, the record companies would at times like to release more products but the barrier has been at the artist end (for example a proposed BBC release on CD and DVD).

Crazy though that the Very Best Of/Oil On Canvas DVD is only available now via bootleg, that is something Virgin / Universal could re-press.
Paul
nightporter.co.uk
karnsculpture
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Quiet Visitor on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:59 pm

karnsculpture wrote:In Japan and Sylvian's case though, the record companies would at times like to release more products but the barrier has been at the artist end (for example a proposed BBC release on CD and DVD).

Crazy though that the Very Best Of/Oil On Canvas DVD is only available now via bootleg, that is something Virgin / Universal could re-press.

As a result people who aren't involved with the artists try to earn some money for things they don't own, like MVR :evil:
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Blemished on Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:08 pm

Really like the anthology covers - remind me of the Ember Glance box.

Paul - very intrigued about the BBC thing. What would they release? The Hammersmith gig they broadcast and the OGWT, TOTP stuff? Is there anything else?

Must say, it's a shame that the guys don't allow releases like that. I'm sure the BBC would have wonderfully quality sound and picture. And with this much time passed, do they (former band members) really need to worry about image or being nostalgic?

Both Steve and David seem to be looking back a bit more fondly with their photo streams. It seems a shame that they can't all make some money from what would be a quality release (versus all the pointless compilations of a few years back).

An interesting contrast is Mark Hollis. No-one could ever accusing him of selling out or of not pursuing his musical vision. Yet he is quite happy to work with EMI to keep the Talk Talk releases alive - as per the recent vinyl and remastered CD releases. Talk Talk Live at Montreux seems to get a regular airing on Sky Arts...
Blemished
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby karnsculpture on Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:16 am

The BBC stuff is just what's out there. It's all on YouTube anyway now in great quality, and the Hammersmith show gets an airing several times a year on BBC6 or iPlayer.
Paul
nightporter.co.uk
karnsculpture
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby quietlife70 on Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:18 pm

I had found the bbc vids on youtube a while back and cannot find them for some reason, does anyone have the links?
thanks
quietlife70
Noob
Noob

Postby karnsculpture on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:15 am

Paul
nightporter.co.uk
karnsculpture
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby quietlife70 on Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:59 pm

karnsculpture wrote:https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=UU5vb_e2PnXaPmKPxO-vIiiw&gl=UG&hl=en-GB

Thank You
quietlife70
Noob
Noob

Return to Music, Video, Memorabilia