outro's

Official releases, promos, bootlegs and memorabilia.

outro's

Postby dylan kerr on Sat May 18, 2013 10:52 am

listening to David's wonderful world
id like to say that the outro's of his and Japan's music are pure genius
its when you listen to them its pure genius how his musical arrangemnts are still the same as the early quiet life days
i could listen to wonderful worlds outro for ages the lady's singing well mumblings and the musical arrangment are amazing
the same for the impressive in-vogue and the other side of life to name just 2 tracks that have musical orchestral class

anyone else have any fav outro's of a song?????
dylan kerr
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: outro's

Postby Blemished on Mon May 20, 2013 3:40 pm

Not really an outro, but Iove the Nightporter section before the final 'la la la de da" bit.

It's hard to beat the end of 'Brilliant Trees''
Blemished
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby dylan kerr on Tue May 21, 2013 7:03 am

Blemished wrote:Not really an outro, but Iove the Nightporter section before the final 'la la la de da" bit.

It's hard to beat the end of 'Brilliant Trees''

yes like i said theres so many tunes he and japan did that are truly for me amazinf
dylan kerr
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Quiet Visitor on Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:28 pm

I always thought the outro of The Tenant was way too short. As if the engineer or mixer decided the album was long enough, so he faded it out within three seconds. It's the only complaint I have about this brilliant song. A side note: at the time I listened to Obscure Alternatives when it was released, I was already into Eric Satie, so it was a big surprise to hear one of your favourite bands being influenced by someone from a complete other musical genre you admire as well.

Another outro which always intrigued me is the one of Television from Adolescent Sex. Those sequencer-like sounds reminded me of the opening sequencer-notes from the song To The World Of The Future from an old Dutch progressive rock-band, called Earth & Fire.
Last edited by Quiet Visitor on Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Quiet Visitor on Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:35 pm

dylan kerr wrote:the same for the impressive in-vogue

The thing I always liked about the outro of In Vogue, especially on LP, is the way its tone and theme is being continued in the intro of Halloween. Because these are the last song on side 1 and the first one on side 2 it listens as if In Vogue just goes on where it stopped before turning the LP.
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby depeon on Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:31 pm

May i suggest a song with a wonderful intro as well, and that is The Librarian, simply beautiful
depeon
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby ibehre on Fri May 30, 2014 11:51 am

I have to go with Swing.
ibehre
Noob
Noob

Return to Music, Video, Memorabilia