Gentlemen Take Polaroids

Official releases, promos, bootlegs and memorabilia.

Gentlemen Take Polaroids

Postby dylan kerr on Thu May 09, 2013 12:48 am

Japan - Gentlemen Take Polaroids [FULL ALBUM+BONUS TRACKS]

just found this whole cd on youtube and i must say having listened to loads of Japan stuff the pure genius of this album is still amazing as it were 33yrs ago
for me japan were amazing and as i always listen to them david or the other guys mick steve richards stuff all i say is thank you Quiet Life for getting me hooked into JAPAN

i dont have a fav song from this album as they are all so different musically & lyrically the arangments are fantastic
dylan kerr
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Gentlemen Take Polaroids

Postby Chad on Fri May 10, 2013 2:15 pm

That was a confusing time for japan fans. The Hansa label was releasing loads of singles and compilations at the same time that GTP was released. I do see a full album youtube for Assemblage too. You should check that one out when you get a chance. It has the early singles from QL, AS and OA.
Chad
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby afternoonfix on Fri May 10, 2013 5:23 pm

A lifetime ago,a friend of mines big brother was a DJ , and i was leafing through his collection , there was this double vinyl single by Japan,called Gentlemen take polaroids - had read a bit about this band but never heard anything, so anyway brought it home,
put it on , and for a moment I thought it was on the wrong speed cos of davids voice....!!

Yes GTP , my personal favourite of all Japan albums.
afternoonfix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dylan kerr on Mon May 13, 2013 11:32 am

always loved assemblage and i love the 1981 live concert which for me outclasses oil on canvass
again a fav on youtube
i fell in love with Japan there music there songs but also the arrangement of music from adolescent to tin drum
i am so so sad mick passed away as i would hhave liked to hear how they would sound now with all the technology and do 1 concert tour
i know many people think what has happened when they split is a fact of life but still 35yrs on i listen to Japan and always a smile
dylan kerr
Fanatic
Fanatic

Return to Music, Video, Memorabilia