The Next Day

Official releases, promos, bootlegs and memorabilia.

Re: The Next Day

Postby Simonp on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:38 am

Trophies 3 already exists for your information - it's the small but perfectly formed Blemish lyric book
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Slope on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:13 am

I'm intrigued to know more about Nine Horses being in dispute, and Jansen "walking". Jansen has been nothing but complimentary about the project (and specifically approving of the process), and I'm something of a Jansen enthusiast, so I'm pretty sure I'd have heard otherwise unless it is on the gossip front....

As for Trophies 3, yes it has been released for a LONG time, and is an official Samadhi product. Here's a link:

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=334843
Slope
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Chad on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:38 pm

Yeah you got me on that one Simon. I thought that fire in the forest was the blemish companion. I didn't realise it was part of the trophies series. So ... we get a trophies 1-3 compilation later this year. ;)

Slope... Jansen didn't walk away from NH, David did. We'll have to see if Steve continues to be a part of Samadahi. I kind of doubt it but we'll see.
Chad
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby inkinthewell on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:11 pm

In chronological order:
Chad wrote:Maybe he should just bag it and just work on his poetry now. Trophies 3 sounds exciting right ...?

inkinthewell wrote:Trophies 3 came out 10 years ago.

Chad wrote:Uh... ink... you may want to check that. trophies 3 is coming out in the fall.

Simonp wrote:Trophies 3 already exists for your information - it's the small but perfectly formed Blemish lyric book

Slope wrote:As for Trophies 3, yes it has been released for a LONG time, and is an official Samadhi product.

Chad wrote:Yeah you got me on that one Simon. I thought that fire in the forest was the blemish companion. I didn't realise it was part of the trophies series.

So Simon got ya, Chad, did he?
And don't nobody say I'm petulant. :lol:
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Slope on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:30 pm

Chad wrote:Slope... Jansen didn't walk away from NH, David did.

My bad. It's just that when you said "No wonder Steve has checked out", I thought you were referring to Steve Jansen checking out. I didn't realize that the Steve you were referring to was actually David.
Slope
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby inkinthewell on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:26 pm

Pardon me if I get back on topic, but I like Bowie's new album. Maybe it's not THE album, but I like it. Better than stuff like 'White Tie, Black Noise' anyway.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Chad on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:59 pm

aw... I'm sorry ink. I must have hurt you feelings by responding to simon instead of you? :) chin up there little guy... it'll be okay.

Oh and black tie is much better than the next day. It has some filler but there are some really stand out tracks. Great horn work and probably Bowies best vocal performance...ever.

slope - I was referring to Steve checking out from samadahi not NH. It'll be interesting to see if he sticks around.
Chad
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby swordofdestiny on Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:31 pm

"Oh and black tie is much better than the next day. It has some filler but there are some really stand out tracks. Great horn work and probably Bowies best vocal performance...ever. "

I actually agree with Chad on this. "Black Tie White Noise" has some of Bowie's finest vocals.

'Jump They Say' and 'Nite Flights' in particular.
swordofdestiny
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby afternoonfix on Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:25 pm

Two classics i agree . The original 'nite flights' i prefer , scotts latest album [although i suppose they all are since Tilt] is particularly bloody hard to get into.Its different ,i'll say that much.
afternoonfix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Chad on Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:55 pm

Yeah I agree af. I think Scott Walker's fart routine on Corpes de Blah was the last straw. He should consider doing a pop album at this point. That would be much more of a challenge for him thats for sure.

Back to Bowie, I think his 80's stuff is his weakest. Scary Monsters was good and I remember being into Lets Dance whole hog but it certainly hasn't aged well. The Tonight and the Glass Spiders stuff was awful. I always thought Black Tie, Buddha and Outside were a return to form. After that it all kind of mired in sameness. The new album, with the exception of the 'Where are We Now' single sounds a lot like the Reality album.
Chad
Obsessed
Obsessed

Previous

Return to Music, Video, Memorabilia