The Next Day

Official releases, promos, bootlegs and memorabilia.

Re: The Next Day

Postby dconnery1966 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:41 pm

Sorry Simon i am away with work that weekend , hope you enjoy im sure you will :D

Dougie :)
dconnery1966
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Chad on Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:32 pm

afternoonfix wrote:Sylvians last album worth noting was Blemish, 10 years ago.......

I'm with you on this afternoon. And yes Baht & company can continue argue otherwise but the vast majority of fans have given up. Hense the dismal response to the last tour and album sales. Why isn't he getting bored with this crap? God knows we sure are. :)

As far as the Bowie lp... it's quite disappointing. Especially after the wonderfully Berlinish Where Are We Now single. The rest of the album sound like a continuation of what he was doing before.
Chad
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby swordofdestiny on Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:39 pm

Nonsense post from Chad.

"Hense the dismal response to the last tour and album sales"

The Manafon Ltd Edition sold out. Not sure how that constitutes dismal sales.

Move on, Chad. You bore me.
swordofdestiny
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Chad on Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:42 pm

swordofdestiny wrote:The Manafon Ltd Edition sold out.

What a stupid argument.

Yeah ... it sold out twice. thats the first he ever did a second run on a limited item. EVER. And why do you think that is swordof? he had to do something to get sales up, right?
Last edited by Blemished on Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Abuse
Chad
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby swordofdestiny on Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:01 pm

Move on, Chad.
Last edited by swordofdestiny on Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swordofdestiny
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Simonp on Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:32 am

Chad wrote:
afternoonfix wrote:Sylvians last album worth noting was Blemish, 10 years ago.......

I'm with you on this afternoon. And yes Baht & company can continue argue otherwise but the vast majority of fans have given up. Hense the dismal response to the last tour and album sales. Why isn't he getting bored with this crap? God knows we sure are. :)

As far as the Bowie lp... it's quite disappointing. Especially after the wonderfully Berlinish Where Are We Now single. The rest of the album sound like a continuation of what he was doing before.

The vast majority of fans have given up? I presume that includes you and therefore it poses the question...why are you still here?

With regards to the dismal response to the last tour - I think the venues were actually selling far better than Sylvian anticipated, the Royal Albert Hall gig was sold out...not bad for a dismal response to the tour eh?
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby baht habit on Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:48 am

Chad wrote:

I'm with you on this afternoon. And yes Baht & company can continue argue otherwise but the vast majority of fans have given up.

As I've wrongly been singled out as someone who is 'arguing', I feel compelled to correct you on this, Chad. I am never inclined to argue with an opinion put forth by any participant on this forum and I have remained entirely consistent on that...especially since the delicate imbalances that have taken place since 2009.
All opinions and preferences should be respected - we all hear with different ears and we hold differing predilections. So in this instance, I would never think to argue against afternoonfix having pointed out that Blemish was the last album that he finds noteworthy.

But I do take exception when I witness how some people feel that their personal viewpoint allows them to discredit those who maintain a different viewpoint. And unfortunately, that is what afternoonfix has put forth with the 'blind devotion' bit. As we have seen with so many others who have not taken well to Sylvian's recent musical direction, certain listeners remain not only discouraged with Sylvian for issuing music that doesn't conform to their preconceptions of what Sylvian's music should be, they also are irrationally disparaging of the listeners who happen to enjoy the content of Sylvian's recent work. That is the only aspect of which I take exception. I would never begrudge another fan for what they like or do not like and I would hope that every other fan would not feel it is acceptable to dismiss the preferences and tastes of others.

By the way, in all sincerity, do you have facts and figures to back up your 'vast majority of fans have given up' statement? I would never feel confident to make such a claim - no matter what topic is being discussed - so I wonder if you have definitive numbers to reference? I would be quite appreciative for any informed response you can offer, for this interests me greatly.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby inkinthewell on Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:00 am

baht habit wrote:do you have facts and figures to back up your 'vast majority of fans have given up' statement?

These are the figures I can work out looking at this page:
Given Up: Chad; and probably afternoonfix = 2
Not Given Up: swordofdestiny; Simonp; baht habit; inkinthewell = 4

Not Given Up beats Given Up 4 to 2.
I Don't Care vs Huh? was postponed.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby dconnery1966 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:37 am

Me not given up 5 to 2 lol

Hey everybody has an opinion thats what makes this Forum Brilliant, as long as i does not get

into personal slander thats a big no no from me ;-)

All the best Dougie :smt006
dconnery1966
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby inkinthewell on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:12 am

dconnery1966 wrote:Me not given up 5 to 2 lol

:-D

dconnery1966 wrote:Hey everybody has an opinion thats what makes this Forum Brilliant, as long as i does not get into personal slander thats a big no no from me ;-)

:smt023
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Mainzy on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:23 am

Bloody h*ll there are people still alive on this forum :)

I agree with most points to be honest:

1. Bowies new LP is.....OK
2. Some of Sylvians later work requires work to enjoy fully ( I have said this before and got some funny Reponses)
3. There is (although some will not admit it) an element of emperor`s new clothes mentality top some of Sylvian’s music within this community
4. Everyone is entitled to like or dislike whatever they want

So sshhhh, go and have a nice cup of tea and relax. "I don’t mean a thing" 8)

Depeche modes new CD is fantastic by the way :-)
"Blessed with all the thunder in the world"
Mainzy
Regular
Regular

Postby swordofdestiny on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:50 am

3. There is (although some will not admit it) an element of emperor`s new clothes mentality top some of Sylvian’s music within this community

I take exception to that statement. It is hostile and lacks understanding; very passive aggressive.

We like what we like. I have not seen anybody on this forum state that every track he has made is beyond criticism. There are tracks I don't listen to at all anymore, but blind devotion to a musician isn't in my nature. I am well beyond that phase.

Now I will go drink some tea.
Last edited by swordofdestiny on Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swordofdestiny
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Mainzy on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:54 am

"I take exception to that statement. It is hostile and lacks understanding; very passive aggressive."

Passive aggressive, very funny :-D I have never been called that before, aggressive yes, passive is a new one.

The fact that you take my friendly comment so personal does kind of back my statement up somewhat, and the fact that you take exception to it is of no relevance to me.

I like many others on here have a point of view that may differ from yours, that does not mean that I intend to offend you in any way, regardless if you feel offended by it.

Enjoy your cuppa :smt006
"Blessed with all the thunder in the world"
Mainzy
Regular
Regular

Postby swordofdestiny on Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:28 pm

I think this whole thread has been done to death already. Crap about Bowie's boring record and endless yabbering about having the right to like or dislike Sylvian's newer records.

Roll on something new from him so we can whine about that...
swordofdestiny
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Chad on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:39 pm

Baht, what evidence do you have to the contrary? We know that lp sales are down, why lie about it? Wandermunde has sold less than 500 copies. These forum sites are dead. Need I say more.

And Simon youre dead wrong. The tour was canceled due to lack of interest. RAH was the exception to the rule but the place only holds 4000 people in a city of 13 million. Its hard to sustain a tour on the back of one show.

I think the persistent downer conversations here are directly related to the downer output by the artist. You want upbeat... then give us something upbeat to talk about.
Last edited by Blemished on Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unacceptable abuse towards another forum member
Chad
Obsessed
Obsessed

PreviousNext

Return to Music, Video, Memorabilia