Remake from Worlds in a Small Room?

Official releases, promos, bootlegs and memorabilia.

Remake from Worlds in a Small Room?

Postby jborsma on Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:24 pm

Hi Everybody,

I've been a member here for quite a while, but have never posted anything as I didn't feel I had anything constructive to contribute. Now it's time for me to hopefully utilise the vast amount of Japan related knowledge here.

I've been searching for hours looking for a post I saw here a year or so ago that had a link pertaining to a remake of one of the songs from "Worlds in a Small Room". It was right about the time of Mick's passing and I can't remember if it was done by Porcupine Tree or Steve or Richard or Steve AND Richard. It was available as a download from one of their sites and I never got it. Since then, I have lost ALL my previous bookmarks and can't remember where it was available.

Can anyone help me out? I'm not sure why I didn't DL it at the time and for the life of me I can't find anything out about it either here or in Google.

Thanks for any possible help, JB
jborsma
Noob
Noob

Re: Remake from Worlds in a Small Room?

Postby karnsculpture on Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:44 am

Hello,

You might be thinking of "The Experience Of Swimming" that Richard included on an album to raise funds for the disaster relief efforts in Japan:

http://www.microscopics.co.uk/japan/

Best wishes

Paul
nightporter.co.uk
Paul
nightporter.co.uk
karnsculpture
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby shesgotmedals on Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:41 pm

Please do not feel that you have nothing costructive to contribute to the discussions here, I post frequently and most are instantly forgetable, but it doesn't deter me from participating....

That's the beauty of these forums, most of the posts are drivel to some, but to others there will be some meaning to them.

IMHO

SGM
:wink:
As Orpheus sings of the promise tomorrow may bring
shesgotmedals
Regular
Regular

Postby jborsma on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:16 pm

Hi Paul:

You're absolutely correct! I'm not sure how I got it confused with "Worlds", but thanks for clearing that up for me and for providing the link. I'll make a contribution as soon as I log off.

And shesgotmedals: Thanks for the message. I appreciate it. I've lurked here for years, then signed up quite a while back, but never logged on. I'll try to contribute something every now and then. BTW, is your name a reference to the Bowie song? :lol:

Thanks to you both, JB
jborsma
Noob
Noob

Postby shesgotmedals on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:08 pm

Yes JB it is indeed, my other musical passion is Mr Bowie, another music God... :D
As Orpheus sings of the promise tomorrow may bring
shesgotmedals
Regular
Regular

Postby jborsma on Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:16 pm

Thanks to you both. I hope to be able to make a nice contribution shortly.

Take care, JB
jborsma
Noob
Noob

Return to Music, Video, Memorabilia