What is your most valued Japan/Sylvian item?

Official releases, promos, bootlegs and memorabilia.

Postby Silver Moon on Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:41 am

I saw that Kinki! I was tempted to get it too!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:41 am

what's the world cup???

*JOKING*
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:49 am

You almost had me there Gods.

------

I wonder which lucky so-and-so got it? Anyone from here? Come on, you can fess up, I'm not jealous at all...*seeths* :D
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:32 am

I'd have to say my Oil on Canvas LP signed by David and Steve...wish I had been there to see it get signed but I wasn't, I recently acquired it on eBay. Usually I am not that much of a fanatic over autographs, but with all of these guys (and especially these two) it is different for whatever reason.
These are years with a genius for living.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby japanfan on Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:42 pm

My singles collection double album from Japan.
japanfan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Simonp on Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:54 pm

My favourite item? Would have to be either my "The Franciscan" portrait of Sylvian or the graphite drawings I purchased from Russell Mills which chart the Ember Glance installation. I also have an amazing number of scrapbook cuttings which I have built up over the years.
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lennbob on Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:29 pm

John Trevethan wrote:
lennbob wrote:And I do have a copy of Perspectives that came with an autographed photo (the one from the "Red guitar" sleeve) of David Sylvian.

Is this the mythical Japanese version?

Nope. The British edition. Bought it at Tower Records in Seattle, back when it was still a brand-new book. (Actually, it was my second copy, since I'd already bought one before discovering that Tower had copies packaged with the autographed photo. I ended up giving the first copy to a friend of mine as a Xmas present.)
lennbob
Noob
Noob

Postby fletchertronics on Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:28 pm

Probably my Weatherbox, which David signed for me in 2003, however my Slowfire programme, (also signed by David – this time in ’95) comes a close second...
fletchertronics
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby deadbees on Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:27 am

I would say my complete collection of Bamboo magazines particularly as I wrote several articles over it's tenure.
deadbees
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby arieleleven on Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:51 am

deadbees wrote:I would say my complete collection of Bamboo magazines particularly as I wrote several articles over it's tenure.

That's so great! I used to have quite a few issues (sadly, never the entire collection though...) but somehow managed to lost all but one over the course of the years and several cross-country moves.

What sort of articles did you write for Bamboo?
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:52 am

fletchertronics wrote:Probably my Weatherbox, which David signed for me in 2003, however my Slowfire programme, (also signed by David – this time in ’95) comes a close second...

Very, very cool.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:54 am

lennbob wrote:
John Trevethan wrote:
lennbob wrote:And I do have a copy of Perspectives that came with an autographed photo (the one from the "Red guitar" sleeve) of David Sylvian.

Is this the mythical Japanese version?

Nope. The British edition. Bought it at Tower Records in Seattle, back when it was still a brand-new book. (Actually, it was my second copy, since I'd already bought one before discovering that Tower had copies packaged with the autographed photo. I ended up giving the first copy to a friend of mine as a Xmas present.)

You are both lucky to have gotten this edition of Perspectives. A friend picked me up a copy when she was in London that summer but it did not contain the photo. I had another friend in Detroit who did have that edition, though...he had the photo framed and sitting beside his bed.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:57 am

My new most prized Japan/RTC-related possession is the 12" of Blackwater signed by the entire band that I just acquired from Australia...it's got a certificate of authenticity so I am satisfied it was a worthy purchase. :-)
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby deadbees on Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:56 am

[quote="arieleleven"][quote="deadbees"]I would say my complete collection of Bamboo magazines particularly as I wrote several articles over it's tenure.[/quote]

That's so great! I used to have quite a few issues (sadly, never the entire collection though...) but somehow managed to lost all but one over the course of the years and several cross-country moves.

What sort of articles did you write for Bamboo?[/quote]

I think my first one was a review of the Sakamoto 1990 gig where DS guested followed by a review of the Blackwater video plus various other pieces over the years.
In 1992 I was invited to visit Debbie Zornes (Bamboo Co-founder) at her home to hear the two Sakamoto/DS collaborations that were to be added to the former's Heartbeat album and complete my review which was at that point based on the Japanese version.
deadbees
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby arieleleven on Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:36 am

deadbees wrote:
arieleleven wrote:
deadbees wrote:I would say my complete collection of Bamboo magazines particularly as I wrote several articles over it's tenure.

What sort of articles did you write for Bamboo?

I think my first one was a review of the Sakamoto 1990 gig where DS guested followed by a review of the Blackwater video plus various other pieces over the years.
In 1992 I was invited to visit Debbie Zornes (Bamboo Co-founder) at her home to hear the two Sakamoto/DS collaborations that were to be added to the former's Heartbeat album and complete my review which was at that point based on the Japanese version.

That's excellent! I'd love to read your reviews sometime.

Happy Halloween to all!
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to Music, Video, Memorabilia