What is your most valued Japan/Sylvian item?

Official releases, promos, bootlegs and memorabilia.

Postby sisterlondon on Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:31 pm

Poisoned_Apathy wrote:Thanks Isa but i think i know what's the shop you're talking about. I already have GTP and Tin Drum on vinyl. I think I'll get the other three on ebay when I have some money.

mmm I think, my other most valued item is the Adolescent Sex 7" vinyl... I found it on a old record shop too in Madrid, and it was, actually, the first Japan item I ever bought :-)

María, I sent you a PM :)

I don't have much 12", I usually like 7" better, don't know why! on 12" I just have the Dolphin Brothers stuff I think. And I am waiting for Tin Drum now too. I'll be getting the others sooner or later I believe!
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby The Nightporter on Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:13 am

Some of the pieces which have stayed with me for many years now.......

7”
‘Adolescent Sex’ – Spanish 7" Hansa 15502A ‘Hand in Fly’ picture sleeve.
‘Adolescent Sex’ – Dutch 7" Picture Sleeve Hansa 100.172.
‘Gentlemen Take Polaroids’ - UK VS379 ‘Smash Hits’ competition prize, fully signed.

12”
‘Taking The Veil’ – Autographed sleeve

LP
‘Adolescent Sex’ - RCA Victor VPL14075 ‘Samurai sword’ picture sleeve.
‘Polaroid’ – Mint copy, sleeve still wrapped in cellophane
‘Gentlemen Take Polaroids’ – Fully signed by band (dedicated to ‘Gerald’) sleeve is misprinted with Some Kind Of Fool and has the addendum sticker. Sleeve also contains the red merchandise insert inside.

The pieces I have let go over the years put the above items in the shade unfortunatly............ :cry:
Last edited by The Nightporter on Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Nightporter
Regular
Regular

Postby neonico on Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:03 pm

my uptodate pics from sylvian and family that has not been seen and will never be seen and my tour program from wonderfulworld its just beautiful.
neonico

Postby Phil Lawton on Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:39 pm

I don't own anything of any value, either monetarily or nostalgically. The only remotely valuable thing I have is a Japanese import copy of "Flux & Mutability" with Obi strip.

How come the cheapest copy I can see of this now is £25 or so? I paid about £6 for mine and that was only a couple of years ago.

Oh, and a few 3" singles ("Ghosts", "Pop Song", "Words WIth The Shamen", "Forbidden Colours", "Gentlemen Take Polaroids"), along with the gold disc version of "Damage", which is also regularly offered for sale for £20+ by shameless profiteers.

Are there any 3" singles other than the ones I've mentioned?
Phil Lawton
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Moon Park on Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:49 pm

Phil Lawton wrote:How come the cheapest copy I can see of this now is £25 or so? I paid about £6 for mine and that was only a couple of years ago.

There seem to be some real scalpers out there :( I bought a CD of JBK's ism on Ebay about a year ago for £16, now I see some unscrupulous sellers trying to sell copies for £60+ :(

I don't really have anything much in the way of collectables - I lost so many original clippings and what have you every time I moved house that I have very few left :( I suppose my Music Life Special is my most treasured item currently *dusts it lightly with an ostrich feather* :lol:
Moon Park
Regular
Regular

Postby Phil Lawton on Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:06 pm

Moon Park wrote:
Phil Lawton wrote:How come the cheapest copy I can see of this now is £25 or so? I paid about £6 for mine and that was only a couple of years ago.

There seem to be some real scalpers out there :( I bought a CD of JBK's ism on Ebay about a year ago for £16, now I see some unscrupulous sellers trying to sell copies for £60+ :(

Yeah, I saw that for £30+ recently - I think I paid less than £10.

Here, is the Weatherbox worth having? And by 'having', I really mean 'shelling out around £100 for', of course.
Phil Lawton
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Chet on Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:43 pm

the japanese weatherbox is absolutely worth the dollars.
the normal one if you get an "ok" price.
And my heart sings of many things
Chet
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Phil Lawton on Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:38 am

Chet wrote:the japanese weatherbox is absolutely worth the dollars.
the normal one if you get an "ok" price.

The difference between the two being.....?

And what's an "OK" price for the non-Japanese version, Chet? I normally baulk at hefty prices, but I might make an exception in Sylvian's case.
Phil Lawton
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: What is your most valued Japan/Sylvian item?

Postby dconnery1966 on Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:10 pm

My most valued item or should i say items would be
Perspectives Book
Trophies 1 1st edition
Weatherbox
World is Everything tour book
Ember Glance
Weathebox promo
all the best Dougie
dconnery1966
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby gokartmozart on Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:37 pm

The original GTP Virgin UK album.

Nothing fancy, really. More like nostalgia. :-)
"The world is a king, and, like a king, desires flattery in return for a favor; but true art is selfish and perverse - it will not submit to the mold of flattery." Ludwig von Beethoven
gokartmozart
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby missouriman on Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:44 pm

Sylvian sent me a note thanking me for an lp I sent him. A Jean Cocteau postcard. Also the Congratulations card he and Ingrid sent when my wife and I married. Just too good to put away. Out in our bedroom and touched daily... :smt007
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby dconnery1966 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:22 pm

Most treasured items have to be Perspectives book with the Post-cards full set,Weatherbox, Trophies 1 first edition
World is everything tour book,i have 2 so if anybody would like a copy just PM Me and we can work something out.
All the Best Dougie :D
dconnery1966
Obsessed
Obsessed

Re:

Postby sisterlondon on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:18 am

sonic_chronicler wrote:Oh and a copy of Flame autographed by Tim Bowness & Richard Barbieri.

Now I have that too! :D

And last week I got _ism signed by Richard too (Japanese edition)
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Re:

Postby proggrl on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:41 am

sisterlondon wrote:
sonic_chronicler wrote:Oh and a copy of Flame autographed by Tim Bowness & Richard Barbieri.

Now I have that too! :D

And last week I got _ism signed by Richard too (Japanese edition)

:( Mine's not signed, even tho I had it with me the times I met Tim and Richard. I fail at getting things signed apparently. :smt022
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby pash in munich on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:52 am

i have a "Visions Of China" programme. which features the all the lyrics of the album and colourful fotos. and the 12" to Nightporter..and a load of good memories of my teenage years listening to their music.. saddest part was when i lost my Japan posters,Sons Of Pioneers,Exorcising Ghosts and D.Sylvian,plus interviews in Face mag.and Smash Hits interview when Perspectives came out,all in a move...
pash in munich
Noob
Noob

PreviousNext

Return to Music, Video, Memorabilia