The Dolphin Brothers

Official releases, promos, bootlegs and memorabilia.

Postby Silver Moon on Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:51 am

Aww he really does seem like a geniunely sweet guy!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Cheery Cherry on Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:38 pm

To be honest, I have never listened to The Dolphin Brothers and after reading this thread, I decided to go take a listen. It blew me away! I really like the songs and I seriously think Steve sounds a lot like David on some songs. I am on Amazon right now ordering their CD. I'm definitely impressed!
Cheery Cherry
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:39 am

yay, another converted! ;) I love the Dolphin Brothers cd! And I wish that Steve sang a lot more. He indeed has a beautiful voice and it's a pity that you have to dig a song here and there in JBK/JB stuff to hear him sing. Steve, you need to sing in a whole album ;)
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Bridget on Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:44 pm

I've just listened to pieces of the Catch The Fall on a website and I love what I've heard, so that's another cd I'm gonna buy!

I love the way Steve plays drums and I love his voice very much too.
I'm looking forward to hearing his solo album.
Bridget
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Steerpike on Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:04 am

Cheery Cherry wrote:To be honest, I have never listened to The Dolphin Brothers and after reading this thread, I decided to go take a listen. It blew me away! I really like the songs and I seriously think Steve sounds a lot like David on some songs. I am on Amazon right now ordering their CD. I'm definitely impressed!

:D lol I did exactly the same thing! I should get the CD today or tomorrow. I have to admit I'm not really hot on the solo stuff, so I'm going to be relying on you guys to help "educate" me. (although, I warn you, apart from Gentleman Take Poloroids and Tin Drum, the album I still listen to the most is Adolescent Sex, - I do like a good dose of Rock.) :twisted: :lol:
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:22 am

Steerpike wrote:I have to admit I'm not really hot on the solo stuff, so I'm going to be relying on you guys to help "educate" me.

Well, I was like that not so long ago, until I started buying everything, LMAO! I still don't think I have it all (so much good stuff!) but still trying to get all the great music these guys have made (started with everything Steve, guess why ;))
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Cheery Cherry on Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:23 pm

Steerpike wrote:
Cheery Cherry wrote:To be honest, I have never listened to The Dolphin Brothers and after reading this thread, I decided to go take a listen. It blew me away! I really like the songs and I seriously think Steve sounds a lot like David on some songs. I am on Amazon right now ordering their CD. I'm definitely impressed!

:D lol I did exactly the same thing! I should get the CD today or tomorrow. I have to admit I'm not really hot on the solo stuff, so I'm going to be relying on you guys to help "educate" me. (although, I warn you, apart from Gentleman Take Poloroids and Tin Drum, the album I still listen to the most is Adolescent Sex, - I do like a good dose of Rock.) :twisted: :lol:

Yes, I am just learning about all of their (Japan members') solo work. I listen to Obscure Alternatives everyday, in my car. The CD is permanently in my car stereo...NO ONE is allowed to remove it :). At home, while getting dressed, makeup, etc., I listen to other Japan/Sylvian CDs.
Cheery Cherry
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:18 am

So now you finally hear me scream! ;)

sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:54 pm

Woooow!!!!

Oh my gosh that is so cool!!! I know how you feel and it must be great!

That is so sweet of him to have written that message for you... I bet you are going to frame that, huh? :-)

I'm so happy for you,

-K
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Cheery Cherry on Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:15 pm

sisterlondon wrote:So now you finally hear me scream! ;)

OMG...that is AWESOME!!! I am screaming with you! :)
Cheery Cherry
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:20 pm

:shock:

That is sooooo great!!! :-D He's such a nice guy!
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:11 pm

Thanks gals! Yeah, it's amazing! I opened the envelope very excited (I recognised Tim's handwritting, it's very clear) and when I saw the front I thought, "uh, not too original, where's the lovely message that Tim said that Steve wrote?" And then opened it and melted ;)

Kera, can't frame it, the message is on the back of the cover, inside the cd. So I'm just going to keep it on its jewel case in a safe shelf. And will come with me to London on the 26th to try to get it signed by Rich at the Porcupine Tree gig. Steve was so nice that left blank space on his side :lol:. (BTW, Kera, did you get my PTF exchange cd? Should be almost there if it's not).

María, need a reply for my PMs! Going to the post office again soon ;)
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:07 am

Wow! This is amazing...and Steve is obviously every bit as amazing himself as I have always thought him to be. (That was really sweet of Tim to arrange all this in the first place, wasn't it?)

This is very cool! It almost makes up for not being able to see him in Madrid, right?! No worries, though, I'm sure you will have another such opportunity before too long. :-)
These are years with a genius for living.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:44 pm

*joins in on the screaming*

Sisterlondon, that is so AWESOME! Capslock necessary. :-D Very sweet!
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:18 pm

Thanks arieleven and lastgoldstar! I still can't believe he sent such a sweet message! :D And yeah Tim is just amazing! Wish I could thank him somehow!

Now, that CD might be complete in 11 days. Wish me luck again :-D
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to Music, Video, Memorabilia