The Dolphin Brothers

Official releases, promos, bootlegs and memorabilia.

Postby Silver Moon on Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:16 pm

Oh wow you spoke with him?

That's awesome!

I would love it if Mr. Jansen would sing on a few of his songs... I love his soft voice.

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby sisterlondon on Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:22 pm

Yeah, I saw Tim in Madrid last week. I think that heartofdavid told you something about it (dunno which thread though). I made a 4 hour trip to be in Madrid to see Steve and well... he wasn't there like you all know. When I was told it was very disappointing. But anyway, I got to meet Tim and Claudio Chianura and the gig went on, so glad I still went to check if it was cancelled or not. Tim is real sweet and he told Steve about me going there to meet him. Steve told him he was very sorry. *awwws*

I had a long chat with Tim, invited me to a drink and we went through the stuff I had brought to get signed. I guess I was the only one there with a Sons of Pioneers book and a ton of cds, LOL! I surprised Tim, because I also brought his SBP cd too and he didn't expect anyone there to have it!
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:24 pm

Oh wow! That's quite a story!

Though you didn't get to meet Mr. Jansen, meeting the others must have been enjoyable! I would imagine Mr. Eisenberg is a really nice guy!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby sisterlondon on Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:30 pm

Tim is real nice. Once I told him I had gone there from another city he just tried to make up for me not meeting Steve. We chatted about lots of things, about him and Steve going to Takahashi's home (blame my Stay Close 7", LOL!), about him making Steve jealous about all the things they were seeing in Spain, sending him texts and photos (bad guy!). Claudio said that he had changed Steve's flight for that same afternoon at 5, hoping he could make it. But his fever got worse and truly he was feeling awful. So he couldn't :(

To bring this back to topic, Tim took my Dolphin Brothers cd to get it signed by Steve. Hope he remembers about it!
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:44 pm

Oh wow! I hope he remembers too.

I also hope he is feeling much better--I don't like hearing about our guys getting sick. :-(

Awesome you got to talk to him! Perhaps Mr. J will return to Spain and you will get another chance to meet him! Oh that would be so wonderful!

Tim E. Once left me a comment on myspace saying: "I've been listening to this David Sylvian chap who's pretty good... You should check him out!" Of course he was joking :-D It was so funny!

All the best with your CD!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby sisterlondon on Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:53 pm

LOL! Tim is just too funny! What an hillarious message! ;)

Yeah, I hope that Steve comes back to play one day. Tim was trying to convince me to go to see him play anywhere else if I had the occasion. Like I have to be convinced of that! It just really depends on my job schedule. I already managed to arrange a trip to London to see Porcupine Tree, so now my next try is going to be Rich :D

I passed Tim my good wishes for Steve. Hopefully he's fine by now. He promised emailing me when he got the cd signed and to send him my pics of the show (which are mainly crap as it was real dark while the Kinoapparatom screening). I got a pic with him though that turned out great. He's sooooo tall!

By the way, the SBP site is down since yesterday :(
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:14 pm

Aww shucks, his site is down?

I have been an avid reader of his blog since about October last year. It is too funny and his posts about visiting Tokyo, and hanging out with Steve Jansen and others is amazing!! He is a very good storyteller. And too too funny!

Awesome about going to Londong to see the 'Tree! If I have the money by the time they come to the US, I will try and go on a 'Road Trip' to many shows. I doubt I will have the money, though... I may not even be out of school. (But PT is higher priority so school can wait!) Perhaps I will see Proggrl or others at the shows!

Here's hoping they swing by Nashville...

Also, when you get your signed CD back... You must take pictures and show us such a treasure!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby sisterlondon on Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:58 am

Darn, yep, the site keeps being down, I just checked :( I've been reading his blog since Steve and him went to Japan as well. Loved all the tiny stories and pics (that one about not having enough girls in the audience made me laugh very much!)

Hope you can go to see PT! It's my first show of them, I've been a fan since Deadwing only and I managed to not realise that they were playing near me twice *grrrrr*

And be sure, you will hear me squeal when I get the cd back!
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:54 am

BTW, I have a Dolphin Brothers question/request. Doesanyone know where I can find the MP3 for "Face to face"? I just have the vinyl and it's not like I can play that one as easily as cds and mp3s.

*looks around the putter hoping to fit the 7" in there*
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:33 am

Update on the cd! Tim emailed me yesterday saying that he saw Steve yesterday and that he added a "lovely message" for me in it *scream!*

Will let you know when I get it! :D
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:32 am

HOLY Crap that is so awesome, Sisterlondon!!!!

I am really excited for you, I know how you are feeling right now!!!!

I can't wait to hear when you get it :-D

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Steerpike on Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:55 pm

Silver Moon wrote:Aww shucks, his site is down?

I have been an avid reader of his blog since about October last year. It is too funny and his posts about visiting Tokyo, and hanging out with Steve Jansen and others is amazing!! He is a very good storyteller. And too too funny!

Awesome about going to Londong to see the 'Tree! If I have the money by the time they come to the US, I will try and go on a 'Road Trip' to many shows. I doubt I will have the money, though... I may not even be out of school. (But PT is higher priority so school can wait!) Perhaps I will see Proggrl or others at the shows!

Here's hoping they swing by Nashville...

Also, when you get your signed CD back... You must take pictures and show us such a treasure!

-K-

Tim's blog sounds great. Can you give me the website address so I can take a look? Sounds like a good one to keep in my Favourites :-)
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:46 pm

Silver Moon wrote:HOLY Crap that is so awesome, Sisterlondon!!!!

-K-

I think you will hear me scream from the US :-D

Steerpike, Sweet Billy Pilgrim's site and blog have been down for weeks now. Tim told me that he's having problems with the host. But I just checked and the site keeps being down, but the blog is working!

http://www.sweetbillypilgrim.com/blogs/
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:56 am

sisterlondon wrote:
Silver Moon wrote:HOLY Crap that is so awesome, Sisterlondon!!!!

-K-

I think you will hear me scream from the US :-D

Steerpike, Sweet Billy Pilgrim's site and blog have been down for weeks now. Tim told me that he's having problems with the host. But I just checked and the site keeps being down, but the blog is working!

http://www.sweetbillypilgrim.com/blogs/

Thanks :D What a great blog. I'll enjoy reading that. I also enjoyed reading about your meeting with Tim. What a lovely bloke.
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:15 am

He's really lovely! I expected him to be nice, but he was REAL nice! :D
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to Music, Video, Memorabilia