Adolescent Sex AND Manafon

Official releases, promos, bootlegs and memorabilia.

Adolescent Sex AND Manafon

Postby Serotonin on Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:25 pm

On those rare occasions when my house is empty and I am in a silly (or perverse) mood, I like to play Adolescent Sex and soon after I play Manafon - while doing the chores or just relaxing. It always makes me smile. I love to compare the difference between the two albums: instrumentation, lyrics, Sylvian's voice etc. Two extremes. The innocence and boldness of the first one and the maturity and delicacy of the last one. Although somehow, Sylvian's sensitivity and integrity shown on Manafon, can also be felt on his and the other boys input on AS.
I know it's silly but ... has anyone else ever done this, I mean played both albums one soon after the other??? :D
Serotonin
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Adolescent Sex AND Manafon

Postby Six One Cynic on Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:46 am

I just listened to Adolescent Sex for the very first time last weekend; I had been listening to only Manafon for months prior, it really was a different artist, and I understand now why DS shuns the work - objectively - I think most of the work done with Japan has my respect because lately DS' work is so over-refined and anaemic and commanding it is difficult to spin it in tandem with my actual, happy life.
Six One Cynic
Regular
Regular

Return to Music, Video, Memorabilia