Ambush the World DVD

Official releases, promos, bootlegs and memorabilia.

Ambush the World DVD

Postby dconnery1966 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:41 pm

I Take this is a bootleg DVD,has anybody seen this before and is it anygood just curious.
Dougie :D
dconnery1966
Obsessed
Obsessed

Re: Ambush the World DVD

Postby neonico on Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:42 am

Unfortunately i dont find this good it clips through different parts of the tour during each song and i mean clipping

about 20 times in one song just annoying........
neonico

Postby dconnery1966 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:35 am

Thanks for that Neonico that does not sound too good,i have seen a few of them on e-bay,is there any you could reccommend youre'self Neo are there any good ones out there.
dconnery1966
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby neonico on Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:37 am

dconnery1966 wrote:Thanks for that Neonico that does not sound too good,i have seen a few of them on e-bay,is there any you could reccommend youre'self Neo are there any good ones out there.

The David sylvian tokyo 2004 dvd is amazing quality it doesnt matter which one you get i got 3 versions and they are all the same quality this was filmed from a japaneses broadcast also known as "when poets dreamed of angels" i wish i could load it up for you but it would take me weeks with my slow internet

there are many others but they are unfortunately not available on ebay....so i dont know where you could obtain them..
neonico

Postby dconnery1966 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:48 am

Thanks for that Neo i will look out for this, i think i have seem them on E-Bay a few times.
dconnery1966
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby neonico on Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:52 am

dconnery1966 wrote:Thanks for that Neo i will look out for this, i think i have seem them on E-Bay a few times.

look in ebay.de
Theres one for 14,99 euros about 12 pounds this is a good quality dvd titled when poets dream of angels

just give david sylvian then press "suchen" this means search i think its on the first page....

good luck...
neonico

Postby dconnery1966 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:57 am

Thanks for that Neo just going to visit E-Bay just now thats not a bad price either,its just a pity David never released an official DVD for the World is Everything tour emmm!!
dconnery1966
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby neonico on Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:49 am

dconnery1966 wrote:Thanks for that Neo just going to visit E-Bay just now thats not a bad price either,its just a pity David never released an official DVD for the World is Everything tour emmm!!

Yes i agree I think his ex wife does this side of the buissness better she promts her work better gives little video teasers

of herself and her work and has the whole chat thng by twitter etc that shows a very warm and open side of herself

which i think is a better way of promoting ones work. and getting new peole interested.

Mr sylvian does on the other hand im ice cold wont show myself only the other guys that i work with.

Unfortuntaely new people that might of got interested in his work have already lost interest with this approach.

ie quick promotion then all still on all fronts a shame.

He could of made a lot of money with dvds but well the bootlegers are
cashing in instead.
Last edited by neonico on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
neonico

Postby dconnery1966 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:50 pm

Yes Neo i agree with you there, why has there never been offical DVD'S of any of his tours thats a strange one to me,as you said i think he should learn of his ex Ingrid Chavez,she is fairly promoting her new single and album,i also found it stange that David was not in the Amplified Gestures DVD,I mean come on he wrote all of the stuff,and was on all the tracks apart from the instumental it would have been nice to hear David's point of view as well,what do you think Neo. :?
dconnery1966
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby neonico on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:08 am

dconnery1966 wrote:Yes Neo i agree with you there, why has there never been offical DVD'S of any of his tours thats a strange one to me,as you said i think he should learn of his ex Ingrid Chavez,she is fairly promoting her new single and album,i also found it stange that David was not in the Amplified Gestures DVD,I mean come on he wrote all of the stuff,and was on all the tracks apart from the instumental it would have been nice to hear David's point of view as well,what do you think Neo. :?

I agree with you he wrote the tracks and let someone else comment about the way they worked on the tracks.

for me that means he could have made a cd with only these guys and cut himself out all together but then its not a work from David Sylvian if you know what i mean.

I was very disapointed with the dvd never played it since.... :(
neonico

Postby dconnery1966 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:50 pm

Agree with you there Neo, was really dissappointed with the DVD watched it once have not watched it since :(
dconnery1966
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby neonico on Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:45 am

dconnery1966 wrote:Agree with you there Neo, was really dissappointed with the DVD watched it once have not watched it since :(

I Think sylvians approach to all of this rather old fashioned which is a shame a bit stuck in the past even Mr Sakamoto is more uptodate and cooler he has his own

Flickr ,Twitter.youtube the full program like Ingrid....
neonico

Postby Astronaut on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:41 am

This is interesting. I agree partly that Sylvian is not doing himself any financial favours by not promoting his work more vigourously, but, he's always operated in that way and I can't see him changing any time soon. He obviously feels this reluctant approach works for him. I'm not even sure he wants to expand his audience as this would mean he'd be under even more public scrutiny which we all know he absolutely hates. Anyway, his reticent approach to publicity is part of his charm - isn't it??? :wink:
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Music, Video, Memorabilia