What's on your turntable?

Official releases, promos, bootlegs and memorabilia.

Postby Silver Moon on Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:31 pm

Oh... I know what you mean- Lastgoldstar! It just sounds so perfect- It doesn't even sound like instruments... I can't really describe it!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby kinki on Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:56 am

Ive only heard it a handful of times but I think Orpheus is the sort of song you could just play again and again and just never get tired of it. It's like drinking high quality champagne looking out at a lovely late summer evening view - timelessly beautiful.
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:13 pm

kinki wrote:Ive only heard it a handful of times but I think Orpheus is the sort of song you could just play again and again and just never get tired of it. It's like drinking high quality champagne looking out at a lovely late summer evening view - timelessly beautiful.

Couldn't agree more. Orpheus is one of my favourite songs for many reasons. It's more than beautiful , it's just pure and magical.
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:53 pm

I played it today feeling in a rather strange happy/reflective mood...thinking about my late Mum and wondering what life had in store next for me.....and it just...I dunno...hit the spot emotionally. It's like taking a deep breath, exhaling, taking a sip of good wine, sitting back and thinking 'Ah well, what will be will be...'

If that makes ANY sense whatso-ever. :roll: :D
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:32 pm

I know totaly what you're talking about. I use to play it when I'm depressed or feel lost and ,yes, it's like taking a deep breath. It makes me feel calm and it's just like everything would be in its right place suddenly.
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:39 pm

I know what you all mean... If everyone listened to David Sylvian, shrinks would be out of business!!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby lastgoldstar on Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:06 am

Silver Moon wrote:I know what you all mean... If everyone listened to David Sylvian, shrinks would be out of business!!

-K-

True that. :wink:

Orpheus has the feel of a sing-along type song to me. I could just picture myself and a few friends singing (badly) along to it, that is if I had friends who like David!
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:34 am

ok i was playing david in the car tonight... my cousin said "oh your listening to that creepy guy again"

Ok why is it that some people think he sounds creepy???? All i hear is wonderful vocals and fantastic music.... guess i'm definately not getting to listen to him on my 6 hour drive to massachusetts
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:34 am

godisinthesilences wrote:ok i was playing with david in the car tonight...

You walked into THAT one! :twisted:

godisinthesilences wrote: All i hear is wonderful vocals and fantastic music.... guess i'm definately not getting to listen to him on my 6 hour drive to massachusetts

...unless you use headphones...or bribery. :wink:
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:24 am

godisinthesilences wrote:Ok why is it that some people think he sounds creepy????

creepy?? It's the last thing I'd think while listening to Sylvian... :lol:
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:13 am

hee hee... kinki you dirty bird ;-) *but i LOVE it!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Poisoned.... I know i totally don't htink of david as creepy! so far from it!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:19 am

I know you don't think so!! But I can't uderstand why some people find his music creepy either!!
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:17 am

well.... we love david and that really is all that matters!!!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:34 pm

godisinthesilences wrote:well.... we love david and that really is all that matters!!!

right on!!!!!! We should not feel like we have to justify ourselves or our interests to anyone..... I feel like so many people think it weird that I love music so much, yet if they need to know who an artist is or who did what song, they come to me. And yet again, I will sometimes mention an artist or song that I think obscure and one of my UPS drivers will start singing it with me---bizarre!!!

But what puts it all in perspective for me is my experience this morning at breakfast. I was in a local restaurant and one of the kitchen help stepped out in the dining room for a moment and was talking back and forth with a diner about NASCAR drivers and talking statistics, etc. It occured to me that that is their particular interest (or in this case, obsession) but I would never dare ridicule it---to each his own, but I guess where I live NASCAR is the norm. I just personally could not sit hour after hour day after day watching races, or looking at NASCAR memoribilia, etc because it is not what makes me tick. But by same token, I feel they should not ridicule me or anyone else who listens to music all the time, talks about bands, songs, memoribilia, etc. Of course I do know everything has it's proper place, but I think all of us here know that too.

okay, I'll stop rambling now!!!!!
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:59 pm

krausy wrote:But what puts it all in perspective for me is my experience this morning at breakfast. I was in a local restaurant and one of the kitchen help stepped out in the dining room for a moment and was talking back and forth with a diner about NASCAR drivers and talking statistics, etc. It occured to me that that is their particular interest (or in this case, obsession) but I would never dare ridicule it---to each his own, but I guess where I live NASCAR is the norm. I just personally could not sit hour after hour day after day watching races, or looking at NASCAR memoribilia, etc because it is not what makes me tick. But by same token, I feel they should not ridicule me or anyone else who listens to music all the time, talks about bands, songs, memoribilia, etc. Of course I do know everything has it's proper place, but I think all of us here know that too.

I completely agree. :D I live in Nascarville too, and I have yet to understand it. But everyone has his own interests, so be it. As long as I'm not getting ridiculed for what I like (or obsessively love, in this case :wink: ), I'm all right.

That being said... my mother hates David. :shock: *le gasp* She thinks his voice is the most god-awful thing she's ever heard, and likes to rub it in my face... some people just never learn.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to Music, Video, Memorabilia