Favorite Japan Music Video!

Official releases, promos, bootlegs and memorabilia.

What's your favorite Japan Music Video?

Don't Rain On My Parade
No votes
Adolescent Sex
3%
Adolescent Sex (Alternate)
7%
Communist China
2%
Sometimes I feel so Low
No votes
Life in Tokyo
5%
Quiet Life
7%
I second that Emotion
5%
Gentlemen Take Polaroids
21%
Swing
3%
Nightporter
9%
Visions of China
38%

Total votes : 58

Postby krausy on Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:38 pm

Okay, I had to put VOC because it was the first one I ever saw all those years ago.....................

second would be Swing, then GTP, then Adolescent Sex, then STE.
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:51 am

Watching and listening to 'Swing' and 'STE' is like being expertly seduced by a very knowledgable lover, Ive decided. :wink:
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:41 pm

kinki wrote:Watching and listening to 'Swing' and 'STE' is like being expertly seduced by a very knowledgable lover, Ive decided. :wink:

Omigod, that is soooo true. Heck, when I read what you wrote above and thought of the videos/songs, I got butterflies!!! :twisted:
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:20 pm

Its just what Ive always thought about their music - OK some songs more than others but I've just never felt comfortable enough to say it out loud, but I know you guys will know exactly where Im coming from.... :wink:
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

visions of teeth visons

Postby traiskin on Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:51 am

I first saw Visions when Nick Rhodes and Simon were guest VJs on MTV ---the first time. (They were on a second time with Keith Harring) I loved the video because it was so colorful. I was also completely mesmerized by David's teeth. I kept saying, "Look at his teeth, he's gorgeous." I was already a Japan fan before that, but never noticed his perfect teeth before then.
I loved the video because it was different from their performance videos. I wish they had done more concept vides like that. I love the performance videos, too, but a few more theatrics would have been nice, no? What do you think?
Nightporters slip away...
traiskin
Regular
Regular

Postby godisinthesilences on Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:28 pm

i guess because david doesn't like doing videos Visions must have been particularly painful. LOL
I would have liked to have seen more "theatrical" videos by them but I think they wouldn't have been down for that. Perhaps that is why there is only Visions??

I do love the blackwater video... that has drama without including too much of the guys
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:11 pm

Hmm, well the Adolescent Sex alternate video is another one of their theatrical ones!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby lastgoldstar on Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:18 pm

Yeah, that's true! I love that video, so fun. I bet David is appalled by looking back on it now. :wink:
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:19 am

Yep, when i saw VOC the first time I thought, "wow, that sounds so wicked", it immediately touched something in me and was also interested because DD were influenced by them. But then I saw David and was like, "Man, he is good looking!" So technically it was the song first, David second!!

I was lucky enough to record a repeat of their Guest VJ hour on cassette and I can tell you I wore OUT that part of the tape that had VOC until I found a copy of Tin Drum :lol:
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:37 am

krausy...wish i had them guest vjing on video !!!! I only have seen that hosting gig twice. A friend had it on tape but for some reason i never got that off her.

I think it is funny you had it on cassette cause i used to do the same thing. I didn't have a vcr when the very first mtv video awards was on. I taped it onto cassette and listened to it over and over and over again. At that moment in time I think the the invention of the "walkman" was the best invention ever. I could finally take duran everywhere with me :-)
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:21 am

I used to record the music from my favourite Tv shows when I was a child too :lol:

I love the performance videos but, yes, some theatrical video could have been fun. Although I'm with Kera and last, David looks like a complete Diva on Adolecent Sex!! :lol:
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:01 pm

Yeah, I was in the same boat---I did not have a vcr to record it properly, and you better believe I would have worn that out too!!!!

It was still fun listening to their voices though!!!

I remember I also did the same thing with old episodes of "The Young Ones" and listened to them over and over!!!! But now I have that on dvd and I love it---never get tired of those crazy loons on that show!!!!
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:09 pm

Ha ha, I got a Walkman one Christmas from my grandparents because my older cousin had one and I thought it was the neatest thing! And I recorded music from tv and and radio, too.

The Young Ones is on DVD?! Ahh, I must buy that! I started watching it on BBC America last year but that stupid channel apparently has no regular programming schedule so I haven't seen it since. I swear they must think Americans are stupid, all they seem to show are things that we ripped from them, like The Office and Weakest Link and Changing Rooms.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: visions of teeth visons

Postby kinki on Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:46 am

traiskin wrote: I wish they had done more concept vides like that. I love the performance videos, too, but a few more theatrics would have been nice, no? What do you think?

I totally agree - they were such a visual band it would have been nice to see what else they would have come up with...pop videos can be bloody creative little pieces of film in their own right cant they?

Poisoned_Apathy wrote:David looks like a complete Diva on Adolecent Sex!! :lol:

yeah, but he looks bloody good too! :wink:
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: visions of teeth visons

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:55 am

kinki wrote:
Poisoned_Apathy wrote:David looks like a complete Diva on Adolecent Sex!! :lol:

yeah, but he looks bloody good too! :wink:

For sure!! I just love him on that video!!
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to Music, Video, Memorabilia