Favourite Tin Drum track

Official releases, promos, bootlegs and memorabilia.

Favourite Tin Drum track

The Art Of Parties
11%
Talking Drum
10%
Ghosts
16%
Still Life In Mobile Homes
17%
Visions Of China
25%
Sons Of Pioneers
17%
Cantonese Boy
2%
Canton
1%
Life Without Buildings
1%

Total votes : 89

Postby sylvian girl on Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:50 pm

I went for Visions Of China because every time i listen to it, no matter what mood im in or anything, it always blows me away and is just the most perfect song i could ever listen to. ALthough i do love Ghosts but for other reasons.
sylvian girl
Regular
Regular

Postby kinki on Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:06 am

dj_explain wrote:still life in mobile homes'
David does have a sense of humour!

dj

How do you mean DJ?

Incidentally it's always bugged me when David sings 'hooo-omes' instead of 'homes' in the live video. :D
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:54 pm

ha ha i noticed the ho mes thing in the live thing too.... doesn't bug me though....
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:22 am

well, it's the ONLY thing that bugs me - apart from that the man is perfect.... :wink:
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:43 pm

I've been listening to it a lot this week... Just amazes me... I really can't believe it was released 25 years ago. It's one of the most modern and sophisticated albums I've heard in my life. Time doesn't pass for it. It's so refreshing.

Talking drum wasn't a big favourite but it's really growing on me since these last listenings...as Kinki said:

This album is so good it hurts

Couldn't agree more.
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:46 pm

Poisoned_Apathy wrote:I've been listening to it a lot this week... Just amazes me... I really can't believe it was released 25 years ago. It's one of the most modern and sophisticated albums I've heard in my life. Time doesn't pass for it. It's so refreshing.

Talking drum wasn't a big favourite but it's really growing on me since these last listenings...as Kinki said:

This album is so good it hurts

Couldn't agree more.

I agree about Talking Drum. I mean, it was always a good song to me but it wasn't my favourite. But over the past few months, I've liked it more and more.

God, it is wonderfully sophisticated. Makes me mad that more people don't appreciate it, but then again, it wouldn't be that special if everyone liked it! :wink:
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:35 pm

lastgoldstar wrote:God, it is wonderfully sophisticated. Makes me mad that more people don't appreciate it, but then again, it wouldn't be that special if everyone liked it! :wink:

agreed - that said though, you want to tie up all your friends and force them to listen to it until they like it - (or maybe that's just me :shock: ), because it deserves wider recognition.

------

How do you guys think it would be received if it was released today? Do you think it would sound out of place today? I would stick my neck out and say it wouldnt....

(Just listening to 'Canton' - Mick makes his bass sound like a little squeaky animal - no I have not taken any mind altering drugs :wink: )
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:00 am

krausy wrote:Visions of China---first Japan song I EVER heard!!!!! :-D

I'll go with that too.
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:20 pm

kinki wrote:agreed - that said though, you want to tie up all your friends and force them to listen to it until they like it - (or maybe that's just me :shock: )

Nope, I'd do that too! :wink: I harass some of my friends on instant messanger by uploading songs and giving them links to YouTube videos. I think I may slowly be getting some converts!

kinki wrote:How do you guys think it would be received if it was released today? Do you think it would sound out of place today? I would stick my neck out and say it wouldnt....

(Just listening to 'Canton' - Mick makes his bass sound like a little squeaky animal - no I have not taken any mind altering drugs Wink )

I don't think it would sound out of place. Even if people panned it, there'd still be people (like us!) who would appreciate it's experimentalism and originality.

It does sound like a squeaky animal!
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:01 pm

I agree with last.
I don't think it would have a great recognition on a comercial level, but i think many people (yes, like us!) would appreciate it.

lastgoldstar wrote:Nope, I'd do that too! I harass some of my friends on instant messanger by uploading songs and giving them links to YouTube videos.

I do that too!! :lol:
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:56 am

I must start spamming out Japan tracks to my mates to see what they think - without exception among my friends I am the only person who knows their stuff. So they need converting. The usual comment about them is...'Oh werent they that bunch of pretentious *******s in the 80s?' HEATHENS!

And yes, I would guess the album would definitely have niche recognition (again) if it was put out today....and probably would be considered of serious musical worth, much as David's solo stuff seems to be.

Why even my Dad likes it - and he is a 'serious' musician.
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:48 pm

I should do that too! But knowing my friends- They would use the CD's as coasters.

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby kinki on Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:12 pm

Silver Moon wrote:knowing my friends- They would use the CD's as coasters.

-K-

Again I say. HEATHENS! :D
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby smyv on Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:19 am

Talking Drum - the drums and bass interact perfectly

Paul S
Paul S
Avida Dollars
smyv
Noob
Noob

Postby arieleleven on Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:26 pm

Visions of China. I love the percussion on that song....this is a great, great piece of music.
These are years with a genius for living.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to Music, Video, Memorabilia