**ORIGINAL FIRST DEMO TAPE FOUND!**

Official releases, promos, bootlegs and memorabilia.

Postby MoodyB on Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:47 am

I got hold of these '77 demos quite a few years ago, the quality on mine is pretty decent, it was still a low generation copy (on tape!) at the time.

Now, the real treasures will be the disco numbers that Hansa had them record in the studio! No one seems to remember (or do they?!) where they went!

;-)
"Before you play two notes learn how to play one note - and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it." - Mark Hollis (1998)

http://www.chriscrader.com/
http://stores.lulu.com/Eurotech
MoodyB
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby pioneerz on Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:25 pm

I have the 77 demos on CD. Am fascinated to hear what else has been unearthed.
pioneerz
Noob
Noob

Postby New Romantik on Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:46 pm

Sorry to barge in here, but I have to say I am amazed how much Sylvian's voice has improved since the demo tapes of "Adolescent Sex" (the track I mean, not the album)
The band itself improved musically from the demo to the initial release of the album...it's amazing!
New Romantik
Obsessed
Obsessed

demo

Postby traiskin on Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:17 am

I havent been to this topic in a while. Has any thing been heard yet? Is it available somewhere? Just checking in..

Best.
Nightporters slip away...
traiskin
Regular
Regular

Postby camphorvan on Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:49 am

Yes - there is a link somewhere on this site. Must admit I spent years wanting to hear the demos and to be honest, don't build up your expectations. It's almost as if the music was recorded in studio and our Dave slung his vocals on using the sound on sound technique at home, in his bedroom. Good musicianship; first time i've ever hear our mr sylvian singing flat (below the note). It does sound really awful, bless him.

Cx [/quote]
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Cheery Cherry on Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:16 pm

camphorvan wrote:Yes - there is a link somewhere on this site. Must admit I spent years wanting to hear the demos and to be honest, don't build up your expectations. It's almost as if the music was recorded in studio and our Dave slung his vocals on using the sound on sound technique at home, in his bedroom. Good musicianship; first time i've ever hear our mr sylvian singing flat (below the note). It does sound really awful, bless him.

Cx
[/quote]

LOL, yeah but I can't help it but to smile, everytime I listen to it, imagining David not knowing what future held for him, at that time...
Cheery Cherry
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby camphorvan on Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:35 pm

I used to live in Lewisham so I know how awful a place it was/is and how 'illogical' it is, as young Dave put it and certainly it's a place where you either 'put up or shut up'. If you stick out, you'll definately be picked on. Well, that used to be the case anyway. Can't say if it is anymore. Against that backdrop, it would be unimaginable to Sylvian, I think, to know his future lay in moving to America, being an independent musician with his own (might I add successful) record label that promotes arists other than himself, (virtually unheard of for a pop musician), being involved in art installations etc.

The South East London boy did good. Really, an example of how not compromising yourself or your ideals (for the most part at least) CAN lead to success, if not global domination.
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Previous

Return to Music, Video, Memorabilia