Mick's Sculpture Exhibitions

All things related to the late, great, lamented Mick Karn

Mick's Sculpture Exhibitions

Postby Steerpike on Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:32 pm

Did anyone see Mick's exhibitions in the Early 1980's. I saw the one he had at the Hamilton Gallery in Carlos Place, I think it was about April 1982?

I've still got the catalogue (there's scans already in the Photo Gallery). All the photos were taken by Steve and I'd forgotten that he'd written some poetry in there as well.
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Cheery Cherry on Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:09 am

Nope...I missed it.

I did see the photo you scanned...you are SUCH a lucky girl. Thank you for sharing with us.
Cheery Cherry
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:18 am

Thanks Cherry :D Did you want me to scan or type in Steve's poetry? There doesn't seem to be a thread for it already on this forum?

He also wrote some poetry for the last tour programme.
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Cheery Cherry on Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:09 pm

OH YES!!! PLEASE! God...I love Steve as much as I love David :)...okay...maybe I love David a little bit more.. :P but yes, I would love to read Steve's poem.

Oh btw...I visited your myspace...last night, and I really like it :). I'd request you but I don't have a myspace. I really like Red Star Rebels...I visited their website as well (Meady, is it???, caught my eye). Do you know them personally? I also love your gallery. Looks big!
Cheery Cherry
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:15 pm

I would love to read that poem, too!

I always love seeing something new from the guys...

Can't wait!

-K
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Steerpike on Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:44 pm

Here's some of my pics from the exhibition. The colour's a bit strange because of the actual lighting in the gallery and because I've had to scan this in low res - and of course the original film was a good old 110!

Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:02 pm

Cheery Cherry wrote:OH YES!!! PLEASE! God...I love Steve as much as I love David :)...okay...maybe I love David a little bit more.. :P but yes, I would love to read Steve's poem.

Oh btw...I visited your myspace...last night, and I really like it :). I'd request you but I don't have a myspace. I really like Red Star Rebels...I visited their website as well (Meady, is it???, caught my eye). Do you know them personally? I also love your gallery. Looks big!

I've started a new thread for Steve's poetry.

Yes, the Red Star Rebels are friends of mine. Meady's a total sweetheart, so's Johnny. I try and see as many of their gigs as possible and we've gone out clubbing too. As you can imagine, heads turn when these guys are around. I'm really looking forward to their new CD.
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Mick Karn