Mick spotted

All things related to the late, great, lamented Mick Karn

Mick spotted

Postby Krishna-Lila on Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:34 pm

None of the friends I was with knew who he was, but I saw Mick today. He was buying a bottle of water just before entering South Kensington tube. He looked very handsome, although Im not sure about his hairstyle, or his biker boots. Needless to say, I was too shy to tell him that Ive listened to his playing nearly everyday of my life since the early eighties.
'deconstruction is the possibility of justice' j. derrida
Krishna-Lila
Regular
Regular

Postby Savoy on Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:08 pm

AAAAGGHH!

Don't worry, he probably sneaks onto this place sometimes. He'll wind up seeing this story and being like, "Aw!"

(psst, how close were you and what was he wearing :-D )
"I will not move my army without onions."
Ulysses S. Grant
Savoy
Regular
Regular

Postby Silver Moon on Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:27 am

Oh my!

That is incredible!! I probably wouldn't have approached him... But I probably would have fallen over!! So lucky of you to have spotted him! I'd take it as a good sign!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Krishna-Lila on Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:37 am

I was very close to him. I wasnt sure at first. He did, however, raise his eyebrows at me. Im not sure what that meant. Either "gosh, its cold today", or "Yes, I am Mick Karn. You may not recognise me with these eyebrows, but look at my long fingers ." Of course once I saw those famous fingers wrapped around a bottle of water I was left in no doubt (In case you are wondering what I mean, take a look at Micks hands on the cover of Titles).
He was wearing a double breasted pea-coat (quite oversized), dark jeans tucked into a pair of open zipped biker boots. The boots were beige. Not very nice, but they looked warm. Facially, I thought he looked very handsome. a lot more handsome than his recent photos make him appear, and beautiful skin. Sometimes pretty young men grow up to look a little odd and not very appealing. I must say that the pretty young men from Japan have all been blessed with rare genes. But I really wish Mick would get a different hair style. His current one is very....'big' and overstraightened.
'deconstruction is the possibility of justice' j. derrida
Krishna-Lila
Regular
Regular

Postby arieleleven on Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:30 am

That's so great, and what a festive little gift for this time of year: a Mick sighting! Thanks so much for recounting the details for us!
These are years with a genius for living.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:57 pm

Alright, explain the hair style----I thought he had it all cropped off?

Biker boots----cool!!!! I just got a pair of Harley Davidson boots this season--nice but they are heavy as hell!! Not sure about the beige color on his though---shows too much dirt!!!

Too bad our #1 Mick fan doesn't hang out here anymore---she would be jumping out of her skin!!! Hell, for that matter, I would be too!!!!
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:49 pm

Krishna-Lila wrote:He did, however, raise his eyebrows at me. Im not sure what that meant. Either "gosh, its cold today", or "Yes, I am Mick Karn.

Lol, that's awesome! I wouldn't have approached him, either. Maybe followed him around for a bit, but no approaching...
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Mick Karn