Mick Karn and cancer

All things related to the late, great, lamented Mick Karn

Mick Karn and cancer

Postby missouriman on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Mick Karn and cancer... I didn't want to read that today. And to our Mick. God bless him. We don't want to lose him. Please think of Mick today and tomorrow and every day until we read he is well. Thank you.
Last edited by missouriman on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Mick Karn and cancer

Postby karnsculpture on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:46 pm

Please read the news on mickkarn.net and leave messages for Mick in the guestbook there.

"With great sadness we regret to inform you that Mick has recently been diagnosed with advanced stages of cancer. Mick is currently in positive mood and undergoing further tests and treatment. His family and friends are close with him, supporting him in practical ways, and surrounding him with their love, friendship and care.

Mick has been struggling financially for some considerable time now and we are hoping that this appeal may help to raise funds for any necessary treatment and perhaps go some way towards providing a small degree of financial support whilst Mick's immediate family provide the care and comfort we would all wish for him. We are hoping that his friends, fans and musical colleagues will, over the coming months, offer any support they feel capable of giving. Quite aside from the sheer brunt of daunting medically-related costs, Mick's clear and major concern is for the security and well being of his wife and young son.

If you would like to make a donation whether as an individual or as a group, you can do so via the paypal link at http://www.mickkarn.net/ which has been set up for this sole and express purpose. Any support you are able to give, no matter how small, could make a difference in helping Mick cope during this difficult period. His friends will be looking at a variety of ways to raise funds.

If you would simply like to leave your kind messages of support for Mick, please do so at http://www.mickkarn.net/Pages/Message.htm

We will keep you all updated as often as we can.

Please do note that news is released with Mick's full approval."
Paul
nightporter.co.uk
karnsculpture
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:37 pm

karnsculpture wrote:Please read the news on mickkarn.net and leave messages for Mick in the guestbook there.

"With great sadness we regret to inform you that Mick has recently been diagnosed with advanced stages of cancer. Mick is currently in positive mood and undergoing further tests and treatment. His family and friends are close with him, supporting him in practical ways, and surrounding him with their love, friendship and care.

Mick has been struggling financially for some considerable time now and we are hoping that this appeal may help to raise funds for any necessary treatment and perhaps go some way towards providing a small degree of financial support whilst Mick's immediate family provide the care and comfort we would all wish for him. We are hoping that his friends, fans and musical colleagues will, over the coming months, offer any support they feel capable of giving. Quite aside from the sheer brunt of daunting medically-related costs, Mick's clear and major concern is for the security and well being of his wife and young son.

If you would like to make a donation whether as an individual or as a group, you can do so via the paypal link at http://www.mickkarn.net/ which has been set up for this sole and express purpose. Any support you are able to give, no matter how small, could make a difference in helping Mick cope during this difficult period. His friends will be looking at a variety of ways to raise funds.

If you would simply like to leave your kind messages of support for Mick, please do so at http://www.mickkarn.net/Pages/Message.htm

We will keep you all updated as often as we can.

Please do note that news is released with Mick's full approval."

Im sad sorry Mick i whish you luck i will donate best whises lee.....
neonico

Postby Astronaut on Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:53 pm

missouriman wrote:Mick Karn and cancer... I didn't want to read that today. I knew some terrible news was coming. I could feel it on the way. And to our Mick. God bless him. We don't want to lose him. Please think of Mick today and tomorrow and every day until we read he is well. Thank you. :(

AMEN to that Missouriman.

I am in shock. Really. I'm praying harder than I ever have that OUR Mick finds the energy and strength to fight this dreadful disease. He is truly the greatest bass player of his generation. He deserves all the love and support we can give him right now. Please try to help out if you possibly can. I want to take the opportunity now of "rallying the troops": if you can get to London on 24th July to attend the Nightporter Party PLEASE DO SO as Paul has announced on the Nightporter site that
ALL PROFITS WILL GO TO
THE MICK KARN FUND.

God Bless you Mick xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by Astronaut on Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby karnsculpture on Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:02 pm

please pass on the message that donations are needed urgently to help go towards Mick's medical treatment costs. Really important that he receives donations swiftly. Go to www.mickkarn.net
Paul
nightporter.co.uk
karnsculpture
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Jackal on Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:29 pm

Terrible news, thoughts with him and his loved ones.

Will be there on the 24th.
Jackal
Regular
Regular

Postby Tanya80 on Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:44 pm

Oh my goodness!!!....this is freak'n horrible :( :(
Tanya80
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:50 pm

Tanya80 wrote:Oh my goodness!!!....this is freak'n horrible :( :(

i donated 12pounds its not enough i feel terrible....sorry mick i will donate more...
neonico

Postby SylvianDarling on Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:16 pm

Oh God!! This is really true?! I heard it from my friend who hates the fact i like Japan, i thought she was only saying that to wind me up! Ive just donated 30 pound... i would of donated the whole bloody money if i could of...
SylvianDarling
Regular
Regular

Postby Q Quarters on Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:26 pm

I'm shocked. Horrible news. My thoughts are with Mick.
Q Quarters
Regular
Regular

Postby anortherncod on Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:12 am

I'd just like to reiterate what others have said... go to the site, come to the London Stone on 24 July if you can get there, just DO something... please.
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:45 am

anortherncod wrote:I'd just like to reiterate what others have said... go to the site, come to the London Stone on 24 July if you can get there, just DO something... please.

:smt006 xxxxxx

Image '80's
Image '90's
Image Now!
Mick's been there for us for over 30 years - now he needs us. Please help wherever you can and please come along to THE LONDON STONE - CANNON STREET - LONDON ON 24TH JULY 2010.
Thanks
Astro xxxxx
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby InVogue on Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:16 am

Very sad to read this. :(
Hope he will be alright.
Last edited by InVogue on Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
InVogue
Noob
Noob

Postby sisterlondon on Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:42 am

So horrible to read this today :( I hope that Mick can fight the cancer... :(
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Bridget on Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:24 am

I know it's not easy but we have to remain positive. I believe that Mick will recover fully!!!
You can do it Mick!!!! Let's get our myspace, facebook, twitter in action to help him raise the money!!!

You can do it Mick!!!! We are thinking of you!!! :D
Bridget
Obsessed
Obsessed

Next

Return to Mick Karn