Mick Karn's performance

All things related to the late, great, lamented Mick Karn

Mick Karn's performance

Postby Maria_Wikstrom on Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:55 pm

OMG, I feel so lucky, I got to see Mick Karn play with Janne Schaffer, Pat Mastelotto, Valgeir Sigurdsson etc in Halmstad, Sweden last weekend, 8th november 2008! It was brilliant! Mick Karn played four of his own songs: Feta Funk, Mustard Grapes, Thundergirl Mutation and Twitchy Handmover. He also played some of the other artists songs. He was totally amazing and so cute! He is eyecandy indeed! He looked very concentrated while playing, which I found very charming. I sat in the front seat and was able to take lovely pictures. I have only posted one yet but there will be more if you want... :-)

I got to meet Mick after the rehearsal (!!!) :-D and he signed my cds and a Japan-magazine (Music Life 1978) I had brought with me. He was so nice and seemed to be very happy as he smiled and laughed all the time. We got to take pictures with him, you can see one in my personal gallery. He invited me and my three friends to the afterparty (I still can't believe it's true!). I also got two hugs from Mick!!!! :smt055
Mick is a wonderful person, I have to meet him again! :D
The journey which took about 16 hours was so worth it!
Maria_Wikstrom
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby heartofdavid on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:20 pm

What a wonderful and memorable experience you had!

I checked out the photos you posted - he's still looking might fine, imo. :wink:

Thanks for sharing - and yes, I'd love to see more. :D
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby VaporTrail on Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:13 pm

you're so lucky! Glad to hear the show was great, hopefully somewhere somehow some of it will be available for download/purchase.
VaporTrail
Obsessed
Obsessed

to be continued

Postby Emmlish on Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:24 am

I don't know how many times I've said this already Maria, but the feeling is EXTREME, every time I think about everything that's happened, well ... it feels a bit surreal :shock: Maybe I've just made everything up in my head?!?

No, we have picture-proof so that's not possible ..

But, as mentioned, me and Maria sat in the middle on the front row, having perfect view of everything!! And the show was indeed Fantastic. Really Fantastic :smt023 But what could one expect really?! :smt041

And the fact that we got to talk to him .. I must say, he is a very very sweet person, very down to earth. Wow, amazing, just amazing.

And he signed my shooooe too!!! :smt040
Konbanwa, Emma-desh
Emmlish
Noob
Noob

Postby sisterlondon on Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:29 am

Total awesome indeed! How sweet and nice he was? And so glad that you had this chance gals! Awesome pics too! :D
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby natsume on Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:54 pm

I hadn't seen a recent shot. Some middle-aged Mediterranean (and other) men manage to stay quite regally handsome, as it seems he is.

Reminds me a little of Caetano Veloso, a man who, well into his 60s, not only maintains his elegant looks but also his stunningly gorgeous voice
natsume
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby karnsculpture on Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:01 pm

Well done - and thankyou for telling us about the show. Mick looks the same as when I met him 10 years ago at a Q&A session in Wembley. No different!
Paul
nightporter.co.uk
karnsculpture
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby MrNormall on Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:36 pm

Sounds fantastic! :D

So where can I find the pictures?
MrNormall
Regular
Regular

Postby Maria_Wikstrom on Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:48 am

I will soon upload more pictures! If I have time I will do it today. He's looking fantastic if you ask me! He's such a nice man who makes you feel really comfortable. :)
Maria_Wikstrom
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby inkinthewell on Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:30 pm

Please do post all you've got.
I love that picture where he's looking at the magazine. It looks like he's saying: "Blinking heck! Where'd you find this?!" :-D
I'm really happy for you and Emma. It must have been a brilliant day.

P.S. *whispering* Did you ask him about new projects?

P.P.S.
natsume wrote:Reminds me a little of Caetano Veloso

Yep!
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:53 pm

WOW that is so exciting!!! How awesome for you to have had that experience! He sounds like a fab guy!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Maria_Wikstrom on Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:17 am

inkinthewell wrote:I love that picture where he's looking at the magazine. It looks like he's saying: "Blinking heck! Where'd you find this?!" :-D

Haha, that is so funny inkinthewell! That's exactly what he said (except blinking heck :P) when I showed him the magazine. He looked a little bit shocked. :lol:

Yes Mick was asked about new projects, haha it was my father who asked him. But I'm not 100% sure about the answer, but what I think I heard was that he had a record he was going to finish. :D
Maria_Wikstrom
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby inkinthewell on Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:51 pm

Maria_Wikstrom wrote:That's exactly what he said (except blinking heck :P)

:lol:

Maria_Wikstrom wrote:...but what I think I heard was that he had a record he was going to finish.

Yes! Well done, Maria. Great work. :smt023
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:49 pm

Hey Maria and Emma it sounds as if you had the most fabulous day ever! I am SO PLEASED that Mick was so lovely and approachable and you got so many fantastic photos. Thank you for sharing with us. Doesn't he look great? I know I am biased, but wow! Still so handsome!!! You did a good job asking questions - think I would just have fainted with excitement!!!! Or been removed by security for chasing him around the arena!!!! Ha-ha-ha!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: xx
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby inkinthewell on Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:29 pm

A link to some pics by Patrik Leonardsson on Mick's home page. Just click here.
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Next

Return to Mick Karn