Mick Karn – Live Performance on Saturday 8th November 2008

All things related to the late, great, lamented Mick Karn

Mick Karn – Live Performance on Saturday 8th November 2008

Postby VaporTrail on Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:05 am

From Sir Mick's myspace...

Each year, Isuldars Bane bring a set of musicians together for 5 days rehearsal followed by a gig. Mick will be taking part again this year (he took part a couple of years ago with Jerry Marotta).

The concert will be at the Halmstad Town Hall, Sweden, on Saturday 8th November.

The full line-up this year will be:

Mick Karn (bass)

Pat Mastelotto (drums)

Pamelia Kurstin (an extraordinary Theremin player)

Paintbox (a side project of "Gicken" and Linnea, the bass and cello player respectively from Isuldars Bane)

Jan Schaffer (Swedish session guitarist, living legend in Sweden, has played with ABBA, Bob Marley and Zappa, to name a few)

Valgeir Sigurdsson (Icelandic producer who has worked with Björk, The Kronos Quartet, Bonnie Prince Bily etc)
Luca Calabrese (horn player from Italy)

Isuldars Bane

Each guest musician has a solo spot utilising the other musicians. Last time MK performed 3 of his tracks: 'Thundergirl Mutation' from The Tooth Mother, 'Back in the Beginning' from Bestial Cluster and 'Twitchy Hand Mover' from Three Part Species.
VaporTrail
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Chet on Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:51 pm

fantastic line up of musicians...
And my heart sings of many things
Chet
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby inkinthewell on Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:35 am

:-D
The e-mail I got from Mick's site adds this line:

'Well, we know its been a while but things are starting to hot up on the MK front. Here is a bit of news on a live performance Mick will do in November.'

Hotting up, eh? Sounds good...
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Maria_Wikstrom on Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:10 am

We've bought tickets!! I'm going to see Mick Karn play live. I can't believe it, it's so fantastic. I can't describe my joy with words! :-D
Maria_Wikstrom
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby inkinthewell on Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:38 pm

Maria_Wikstrom wrote:We've bought tickets!! I'm going to see Mick Karn play live. I can't believe it, it's so fantastic. I can't describe my joy with words! :-D

Only 4 days to go!
Hope you get a very close view of the Big Man. And don't forget poor all-the-rest-of-us and take loads of pictures and videos! :D
Enjoy yourselves!
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Maria_Wikstrom on Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:11 am

inkinthewell wrote:Only 4 days to go!
Hope you get a very close view of the Big Man. And don't forget poor all-the-rest-of-us and take loads of pictures and videos! :D
Enjoy yourselves!

Thank you inkinthewell!
Oh yes I will take loads of pictures and I really hope it will be ok to film, in that case I will bring my filmcamera as well. Me and my friend are really aiming for the front seat!! I hope I won't faint by seeing him so close! :wink: We will see the rehearsal (if there's still tickets available for that) also. Of course I will share the pictures here on japansylvian.com! :D

Is it hard to get a picture with him and me as a fan? I don't think I've seen him standing with a fan on a picture. Have any of you?
Maria_Wikstrom
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Astronaut on Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:46 am

Maria_Wikstrom wrote:
inkinthewell wrote:Only 4 days to go!
Enjoy yourselves!

Thank you inkinthewell!
Oh yes I will take loads of pictures and I really hope it will be ok to film, in that case I will bring my filmcamera as well. Me and my friend are really aiming for the front seat!! I hope I won't faint by seeing him so close! :wink: We will see the rehearsal (if there's still tickets available for that) also. Of course I will share the pictures here on japansylvian.com! :D

Is it hard to get a picture with him and me as a fan? I don't think I've seen him standing with a fan on a picture. Have any of you?

Yes I have seen a few photos of Mick with fans. Not many, but it does happen occasionally! I hope you get front row seats and get lovely photos - coz I want to see what he looks like these days!!! Have a great time on Saturday and I so much wish I could be there with you. Tell Mick there's a crazy Astronaut waiting for him to come back and play in the UK!!!

Love & hugs to my fellow MK fans!
Astro xxxxxx
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Mick Karn