Richard News:

News, gigs, releases and discussion about Richard

Richard News:

Postby proggrl on Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:16 pm

From PT.com:

Richard Barbieri's "Things Buried" solo album gets it "official" release by Snapper Records on 20th August, and should be available in most stores worldwide. Until now the album has only been available online and at shows. Please note apart from a super jewel packaging there is no difference to the original digipack artwork or audio.

A Barbieri double cd Anthology is tentatively planned for release in 2008 by Snapper.

For keyboard players / programmers; around 30 sounds programmed by Richard come as standard with the new Roland V Synth GT released next month, plus in the Autumn Propellerhead's Reason 4 music software there is a Barbieri folder containing new sounds for the "Thor" synthesizer.

Quite interested to see what this Anthology includes. C'mon, bring on the guesses. ;)
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:26 pm

Uh... who knows? Dolphin Brothers, JB, JBK, Indigo falls...?
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Richard News:

Postby heartofdavid on Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:51 pm

proggrl wrote:Quite interested to see what this Anthology includes. C'mon, bring on the guesses. ;)

I'd be interested in previously unreleased tracks or new versions of old ones; without those things I'd find it just another addition to the collection. I'm just not that fond of anthologies or greatest hits type collections.

I'd expect it to contain samples from all those sisterlondon mentioned, but I'm hoping he'll add a few surprises. And he could skip the Indigo Falls stuff, or have Steve or somebody else record new vocals - I don't like Suzanne's singing.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:59 pm

I saw that comiiiing... :P

I do like her vocals, but that's me...
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:23 pm

Man, that is all fabulous news!!!!! He's been a busy man. Can't wait to get that anthology!!!
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:56 pm

sisterlondon wrote:I saw that comiiiing... :P

Hey, at least I'm consistent with my opinion, lol. :wink:

I think it's great how busy and successful to varying degrees the Japan men have been. I'd love to see Mick get his recognition, perhaps go into musical partnership with somebody for his next release.

And David's due for a solo album, it's been more than 4 years since Blemish. He tends to need something to shake him up, good or bad, to get the songs flowing, it seems to me.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby The Analog Kid on Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:39 am

sisterlondon wrote:I saw that comiiiing... :P

I do like her vocals, but that's me...

I quite like her vocals too - no rerecording pls

"oh darling, there a 2 CD Anthologue of my previous work due out on Snapper"

"oh Rich - how wonderful"

"and btw the peeps at Snapper convinced me people don't much like yr voice so I had Kylie Minogue overdub your parts - I am sure it will sell massively now"

"RICH how could you - I am kicking you out, go live with this Voyage72 person you always talk about"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Noone takes polaroids anymore
The Analog Kid
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Lady Arcadia on Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:35 am

Great news, more CDs I want, I mean NEED to get! :P One thing I will say about the guys from Japan, they always seem to be busy doing something!

And David's due for a solo album, it's been more than 4 years since Blemish. He tends to need something to shake him up, good or bad, to get the songs flowing, it seems to me.

Reminds me of another singer, SLB, - it's been said that a fire needs to be lit under him to get him working in the studio!! (Sounded a bit harsh I thought!) It's been nearly 4 years since the last album he was involved with!!
Lady Arcadia
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby tallulahtaurus on Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:38 am

erictak wrote:"oh darling, there a 2 CD Anthologue of my previous work due out on Snapper"

"oh Rich - how wonderful"

"and btw the peeps at Snapper convinced me people don't much like yr voice so I had Kylie Minogue overdub your parts - I am sure it will sell massively now"

"RICH how could you - I am kicking you out, go live with this Voyage72 person you always talk about" [/b]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ha ha ha ha Kylie Minogue...what a collabo...ha ha as we all know Rich would sell himself down the river for record sales...lol...

GAH I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS....*smiling so widely that cheeks hurt* :D
I haff been wanting the Things Buried for aaaages now...and the anthology thing.... :D
"This island of blue
Where life clings to your hands
Like water and sand
Will loose it's way when you're gone"
tallulahtaurus
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby sisterlondon on Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:21 am

erictak wrote:"RICH how could you - I am kicking you out, go live with this Voyage72 person you always talk about"

*falls from chair laughing*

Why did I see that coming too?????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby VaporTrail on Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:15 am

hmmm...I wonder if this is what he meant when he said he was planning a new album for 08...

Hope not! I hope we get both, the anthology AND a new album! (yes I'm greedy :-D)
VaporTrail
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby heartofdavid on Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:20 pm

erictak wrote:"and btw the peeps at Snapper convinced me people don't much like yr voice so I had Kylie Minogue overdub your parts - I am sure it will sell massively now"

One nasally, whiny female vocalist for another (imo)? No thanks!
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:40 pm

heartofdavid wrote:
erictak wrote:"and btw the peeps at Snapper convinced me people don't much like yr voice so I had Kylie Minogue overdub your parts - I am sure it will sell massively now"

One nasally, whiny female vocalist for another (imo)? No thanks!

hehehe That'd be like going from bad to worse (no offense, Sonic! ;) )
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Richard Barbieri