I've a Spare (and free!) Ticket for Porcupine Tree in London

News, gigs, releases and discussion about Richard

I've a Spare (and free!) Ticket for Porcupine Tree in London

Postby Steerpike on Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:36 pm

Good News! I was telling my colleague at work about me wanting to go to see PT next week and she 's in touch with the PR from their record company RoadRunner and they've offered me 2 free tickets if I review the show, plus I'll be reviewing the new album as well!!

Now I have a spare (free ) ticket, does anybody fancy coming? The other good news is that there's a rumour that Steve and/or Mick might be there - assuming they're in London. :P

If you do want to come, send me a PM or leave a message here.
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Cheery Cherry on Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:04 pm

Oh why, oh why....that's NOT fair!!!! :smt022
Cheery Cherry
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:56 am

If Steve (J) is there I am so telling him I'm the one that went to Parla, LOL!
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:29 am

Cheery Cherry wrote:Oh why, oh why....that's NOT fair!!!! :smt022

Now that's an emotion I can second!! :mrgreen:
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

ROAD RUNNER

Postby dancenutt on Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:51 pm

IS that in covent garden, if so think i went there once if its same one dont need tickets if go in before 6 8) [/img]
dancenutt
Noob
Noob

Postby sisterlondon on Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:22 pm

Nope, it was in Kentish Town.

Steerpike, dunno what time you arrived, but like I told you at 6 I was already queuing. Well, I was at the queue at 5 *gasp* Didn't expect one to be forming so early, but good thing we showed soon!

Sadly didn't get to meet Rich :cry: Steven told us he left the place by the front because he called a taxi and waited for him there. Darn!!! And no sighting of Steve J or Mick, if they were really there like you said.

At least I was right in front of Rich the whole gig! Pics are real awful with no flash with my camera, but here are a couple of more or less decent ones:

sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Cheery Cherry on Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:50 pm

Wow, that's awesome! Thanks for the pics.
Cheery Cherry
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:09 pm

Welcome! Hopefully I'll be able to post more. Most of the good ones are from Steven Wilson because he had all the light. Rich being at the back was dark and hence blurred all the time :(

And, tadaaahhh!!! They played Visions of China! Well, a figment of it! Just to tease Rich, LMAO! :lol:
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:28 pm

WOW! Those are awesome pictures. That looked like a fun show... And Visions of China?! NO WAY! That... Must... Have... Been...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby sisterlondon on Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:38 pm

It was a joke, so they played like seconds of it. Probably not too many realised of what it was, but I was there like WHAT????!!!!

Rich laughed a lot with that. It went more or less like this: Steven started saying that for the first time he could say that a PT album was a hit *number 31 in the UK folks and even higher in other places!* And then he said, "But Mr. Barbieri here had already a few hits, and a lot higher than this" and Gavin and Colin started the first notes of Visions of China.

Pity I could have better pics of Rich, but when I go through them all I'll let you know. He seemed real happy last night, smiled loads!
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:28 am

sisterlondon wrote:Nope, it was in Kentish Town.

Steerpike, dunno what time you arrived, but like I told you at 6 I was already queuing. Well, I was at the queue at 5 *gasp* Didn't expect one to be forming so early, but good thing we showed soon!

Sadly didn't get to meet Rich :cry: Steven told us he left the place by the front because he called a taxi and waited for him there. Darn!!! And no sighting of Steve J or Mick, if they were really there like you said.

At least I was right in front of Rich the whole gig! Pics are real awful with no flash with my camera, but here are a couple of more or less decent ones:

You must have been queuing for ages! :shock: I finally got to the pub just before 6.20. I saw a girl with red hair which I thought was you, and started talking to her - but obviously it wasn't. :oops: I then met the person I was going to see the gig with outside the venue ( from Japan Pioneers group) and saw all the people waiting to get in, so you must have been there! We queued up and then found out that I was on the record company's guest list and had to go to the other box office where there was no queue! Luckily we had a good place at the bottom of the stairs on Rich's side of the stage.

You must have been boiling! It was very hot in there and I saw several people leave the front and come and sit on the stairs drinking cold drinks!
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:37 am

sisterlondon wrote:It was a joke, so they played like seconds of it. Probably not too many realised of what it was, but I was there like WHAT????!!!!

Rich laughed a lot with that. It went more or less like this: Steven started saying that for the first time he could say that a PT album was a hit *number 31 in the UK folks and even higher in other places!* And then he said, "But Mr. Barbieri here had already a few hits, and a lot higher than this" and Gavin and Colin started the first notes of Visions of China.

Pity I could have better pics of Rich, but when I go through them all I'll let you know. He seemed real happy last night, smiled loads!

Great photos and I loved that joke. I got the Visions of China notes as well. I wonder how many other people there did? I think, judging by the applause there were alot of people who knew him from Japan.

Yes Rich was really happy, I never saw him so animated in Japan and he was even dancing about during "Fear Of A Blank Planet" :shock: I'm so pleased for him. He's got a job that he enjoys and Steven obviously enjoys working with him.

The gig by the way blew me away. Amazing. What a talented band. And what amazing dedicated fans. I think the place was full. I've joined the PT forum (I recognized you on there) so I can learn more about them.

I'm looking forward to seeing them again.
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:01 am

I'm glad you enjoyed the gig too! It was total fun and they sounded amazing! Yep, Rich was real happy and also is really involved with the band. A roadie told us that he and Steven stayed after the party finishing some business.

I was queuing 2 horus, that after queuing for the Durans for 8 hours in the cold in December it wasn't that much, LOL! But I am starting to feel old for this! I was there with another taller gal with redder hair than me. I finally just met her and another Spanish guy, but couldn't meet all the rest as planned, we couldn't find each other either :(

I wasn't too far from the stairs, because I was on Rich's side, but I was obviously in the middle of the chaos! yep, 2nd row, and very hot, but good thing that we were given glasses of water from time to time.

I posted a few pics, but still have many to go through. Not the best thing ever, but gives an idea of the show:
http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o60/ ... ndonforum/
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:17 am

Nice pics. How did you manage to sneak in your camera? There were people in front of us who had to leave their cameras in the box office.

I can see that Steven had bare feet. Apparently he always never plays in shoes or socks. Do you know why?
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:40 pm

I just put my camera on my pocket and that was it. Good thing that they didn't see mine then! But my friend had hers on her purse and had no problem at all. Inside everyone was taking pics. While you didn't use flash it was fine.

About Steven playing barefoot, well, he might like it that way. I remember a video jamming in the studio with Gavin while recording Deadwing and he was barefoot as well. And I've seen him barefoot in the pics of the Signify tour, so guess he always does it.

sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Next

Return to Richard Barbieri