I've a Spare (and free!) Ticket for Porcupine Tree in London

News, gigs, releases and discussion about Richard

Postby arieleleven on Thu May 03, 2007 9:05 am

sisterlondon wrote:
arieleleven wrote:Plus, Tim Burton's face is not the most attractive on earth to me (speaking completely from an utterly shallow POV here, ha). But you know, he seems so totally cool that that alone would make him attractive, don't you think? (Trying to quickly recover from the shallow remark just made... :-) )

Haha, no worries about shallow. I can understand what you say, I like Tim's movies, but nope, he's not an attractive man. And he seemed he found his perfect partner in Helena Bonham-Carter, another one that has certain problem with that hair :-D

Just making a humorous comment, no offense meant. As a Kenneth Branagh fan I own many Helena films and she's a great actress, plus she's more beautiful in person than she is in photos as well. She just has to make the right fashion choices ;)

LOL! I agree re: HBC....they were made for each other apparently if only because of their hair. But I also agree that she is an excellent actress and you know, you have to respect someone who marches to the beat of her own sartorial drummer. :-)

Our taste seems to be extremely similar; I too am a Ken Branagh fan, though not quite as ardent as I used to be. A very talented man indeed, eh?
These are years with a genius for living.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Thu May 03, 2007 9:14 am

Haha, good that you understand the hair comment. Some Ken fans bashed HBC when they broke up, but I was really impressed when she came to an homage to Ken and gave a great speech about him. We had our jaws dropping.

Ken is my fave actor, amazing man indeed and so absolutely nice and kind with the fans! Also has a very frightening good memory, he can remember you even if he hasn't seen you for years!
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Thu May 03, 2007 11:37 am

sisterlondon wrote:Haha, good that you understand the hair comment. Some Ken fans bashed HBC when they broke up, but I was really impressed when she came to an homage to Ken and gave a great speech about him. We had our jaws dropping.

Ken is my fave actor, amazing man indeed and so absolutely nice and kind with the fans! Also has a very frightening good memory, he can remember you even if he hasn't seen you for years!

Isa! Have you met KB? Okay, I am going to want to hear details of this. :) (You can email them to me if you want so we won't bore anyone else who may not share our interest here, ha.) He really is a talented man and it's nice to know that he is a good guy to the fans as well.

Really cool re: HBC giving the great speech at the homage to Ken. She does seem a class act, actually, and I love that her brother (or is it cousin?) played Bingley in my favorite version of Pride and Prejudice to date. (I am something of a Colin Firth girl also, as it happens. :-) )
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Thu May 03, 2007 7:09 pm

Yeppers, I've met KB a few times, last one in November.I hadn't seen him since 2003 and he still remembered me. How weird is that?

Will email you! How cool that you"understand " my KB obsession! :D
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Thu May 03, 2007 7:30 pm

sisterlondon wrote:Yeppers, I've met KB a few times, last one in November.I hadn't seen him since 2003 and he still remembered me. How weird is that?

Will email you! How cool that you"understand " my KB obsession! :D

Ah yes, indeed I do! :-)

KB does seem to have an amazing memory but then, didn't Roger Taylor remember you too after a bit of time since he had last seen you? (Maybe not 3 years, but still!) You must be a pretty unforgettable person in any case. :)

Looking forward to your mail, sweetie, thanks!

~B xxx
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Thu May 03, 2007 8:02 pm

Welcome! :)

But you will probably have to wait until tomorrow. I had way too much wine tonight ;)

Meanwhile, if you are bored, check for the photos in here. Search for Isabel and you'll see me ;)

http://branaghcompendium.com/photos.htm#candids
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Thu May 03, 2007 8:47 pm

sisterlondon wrote:Welcome! :)

But you will probably have to wait until tomorrow. I had way too much wine tonight ;)

Meanwhile, if you are bored, check for the photos in here. Search for Isabel and you'll see me ;)

http://branaghcompendium.com/photos.htm#candids

That's fine, anytime is great by me. I need to crash soon anyway. (The wine sounds fabulous, BTW. :) )

These photos are fantastic! Thanks so much for the link -- you all look great and KB looks like such a sweetheart! He looks as if he would be lovely to talk to; it's obvious he really cares about and is good to his fans.

TTYL!

xxx
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:00 pm

If you remember I mentioned that in London PT played a tiny little bit (it's like 5 secs really) of the Visions of China groove and that Steven made a joke about it.

Listen here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ibs8g2
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:51 pm

sisterlondon wrote:If you remember I mentioned that in London PT played a tiny little bit (it's like 5 secs really) of the Visions of China groove and that Steven made a joke about it.

Listen here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ibs8g2

LOL! This is great! Thanks so much for this, Isa. :) I'd love to have seen Rich's face!

xxx
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:03 pm

Welcome! He was laughing a lot, I swear! ;)
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:00 pm

sisterlondon wrote:Welcome! He was laughing a lot, I swear! ;)

Yeah, I'm finally back, but about to sign off for the night! I'll email you tomorrow, promise!

xxx
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:52 am

I still owe you an email anyway! *where does my time go?*

And today I got my ticket for PT in Lille, yay! :D
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:58 am

sisterlondon wrote:I still owe you an email anyway! *where does my time go?*

And today I got my ticket for PT in Lille, yay! :D

Probably the same place my time goes!

And no worries re: the emails as ever...we seem to be a bit discombobulated in this regard just now anyway (my fault though, I know!).

Great re: the PT ticket! When is it?
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:57 pm

Not your fault!

And this gig is the 1st of July, but also have tickets for Antwerp and Amsterdam on the 27th and 28th of this month. It's going to be stressing but worth! :D
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:06 pm

sisterlondon wrote:Not your fault!

And this gig is the 1st of July, but also have tickets for Antwerp and Amsterdam on the 27th and 28th of this month. It's going to be stressing but worth! :D

Oh, how great! You're bound to catch Rich at at least one of these shows. Have an amazing time! :)

B xxx
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to Richard Barbieri