New Richard Barbieri/Steve Hogarth CD (EP)

News, gigs, releases and discussion about Richard

New Richard Barbieri/Steve Hogarth CD (EP)

Postby inkinthewell on Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:53 am

New stuff from Rich and Steve H.

ARC LIGHT LIMITED EDITION 1CD RELEASED DECEMBER 2013
ALBUM INFORMATION:
Available to Pre-Order now, due for release on 4 December 2013. A Download of this album will be available from 6 December.
This is a 5-track mini-album by Steve Hogarth & Richard Barbieri. A "little brother" to their album "Not The Weapon But The Hand".
The album features 4 new tracks and a new version of "Intergalactic" featuring guitars from Aziz Ibrahim, who also plays on two of the new tracks.
This is a limited edition, numbered 1CD Jewel Case with an 8 page booklet featuring beautiful photography from Luigi Colosanti and H lyrics.
The first 500 orders will be signed. Please note: Orders have now passed 500. If your order number is higher than 560828 you will not receive a signed copy...
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: New Richard Barbieri/Steve Hogarth CD (EP)

Postby Quiet Visitor on Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:38 am

Thanks for posting this information. Their previous album stood firmly in my Top 10 last year.

In the early 80's I collected all those Marillion LP's and 12"-records, but after Steve replaced Fish I more or less lost interest. One way or another I missed the agressive singing. I like Steve's atmospheric work with Richard though.

The Marillion-fanbase is extremely loyal and pre-order albums are selling very quickly. Their guitarist Steve Rothery announced an album through a Pledge or Kickstarter lately and had the required money within a few days.
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Quiet Visitor on Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:37 pm

Just received my copy (number 0945). The track Intergalactic, from which a new version appears on this new disc, was not on the physical edition of Not The Weapon But The Hand, which means I heard it now for the first time. You know, I'm not the download type...
Arc Light is, just as its big brother, an album that has a lot of ambient moments plus some more up-tempo, "techno" beats-stuff. Beautiful produced, with fine textures from Richard and nice guitar-work of Aziz Ibrahim.
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby inkinthewell on Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:01 pm

Received my copy today too (number 0399, scribbled all over :-D ). Haven't heard it yet, but the booklet is gorgeous.

If you should get curious, the first version of Intergalactic can be downloaded here for free.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Quiet Visitor on Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:45 pm

inkinthewell wrote:Received my copy today too (number 0399, scribbled all over :-D ). Haven't heard it yet, but the booklet is gorgeous.

If you should get curious, the first version of Intergalactic can be downloaded here for free.

Yeah, that happened to me with their previous album, although it was clear they were in a hurry.

Thanks for the download-link, but although I receive more downloads when ordering physical items, I never listen to them. Maybe when my diskman doesn't work anymore and I'll buy my first mp3-player/smartphone (or whatever), I'll use these downloads for the first time.

Back on the EP: although I love the music, it doesn't contain such high class compositions like Only Love Will Make Your Free and Your Beautiful Face from Not The Weapon But The Hand. But maybe they have to grow a little more on me.
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Richard Barbieri