steve in a london newspaper

Solo career, news, photography and all things related to Steve

Postby Steerpike on Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:40 am

It must have been a very good course as your English is perfect. :D
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:45 am

Aw thanks! :oops: (I don't think it's so good, but thanks!)

Nah, the course wasn't too helpful, but now I have a certificate that says that I studied in London and sounds good, LOL! Plus they organised cheap day trips to many places around and got to explore Bath, Canterbury, Cambridge... It was cool :)
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:50 am

Sounds like you had a good time.
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:52 am

Ah yep, that was a very cool trip! It was my second one to London and I keep coming back,. If one day I am rich I am buying a flat there, LOL!
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:20 am

Yay! Another Japan fan in London. Think of the fun we could have. We could shop in High Street Kensington, take long walks around Acton, you could read all my mags and I could listen to all your JBK & PT albums. :lol:
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:21 am

Heee that sounds like a plan! ;) I just went to London in April and can't wait to go back in September!
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:41 am

I don't know how long you're staying this time, but somehow I don't think you'll be stuck for things to do :o
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:53 am

5 days total, but I'm going with my family, for the first time, so want to show them around as much as I can :)
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:46 am

Steerpike wrote:
arieleleven wrote:
Steerpike wrote:Thank you so much for the heads-up. I'm so glad I checked my e-mails before I went home! :lol:

I won't be able to scan the page in until tomorrow, so I'll put it up then. Also, I picked up 8 copies of the paper, so if anyone wants a original copy, let me know and I'll send it to you (not the whole paper. just the cover & the pages that the article is on.)

I also checked both free papers and this article was in The London Paper.

Oh yes, Laura, I would love a copy of this if at all possible!! You can either reply to me here or at MySpace (you know, I am Edie1964 there). I would love to see this! How cute is this that he did a soundbite in the newspaper?! For some reason, I just think this is absolutely endearing. :-)

Thanks too in advance for the scan!

xxx

No problem. Shall I give it to you in September? Isa, I assumed you wanted one as well and I'll add it to your pile.

Sure, save it for when we meet in September, that would be lovely! Thanks so much again, and many thanks for posting the scans! What a fun thing to find in your morning newspaper. :)
These are years with a genius for living.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:49 am

Steerpike wrote:
Krishna-Lila wrote:Thanks Steerpike.

Im not sure what Richard Patterson adds to the debate about wholefoods!!!

Hmm yes, very strange comment. I would have thought he would be pleased that there'll be more people shoppng in High Street Ken.

Really! It's as if he was just there to get the name of his own business in the paper.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:56 am

Steerpike wrote:
sisterlondon wrote:Steerpike, thanks so much for it! Yeah, add it to my pile, thank you!!!! :D

So they didn't know who he was? Doh! And I read Steve Jansen ACTOR, LMAO! I was living in Acton one summer and never found him there ;)

You must have been looking in the wrong places. You should have been checking out all the health food shops ;-)

I thought at first it said Actor too.

So, now we know where we're meeting up for lunch on the Monday - Wholefoods in High Street Kensington. :lol:

BTW. He does look a bit tired. I hope it was because he was up late working on his solo album :twisted:

So cool that you were living in Acton, of all places -- what a coincidence! So sorry you never tripped over Steve at the time, though -- that would likely stick in my craw too now, ha.

Count me in, please, for lunch at Wholefoods. :-)

Yeah, he does look a little tired at that. It's probably from all the running he has been doing since he heard I am coming over in the fall, LOL!

Seriously, I do hope we see his solo album before long, right? That's a big reason I was so surprised he isn't doing David's tour -- that seems like a primo opportunity to share one of his new songs (one that David sings on, of course), doesn't it?
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:59 am

Steerpike wrote:It must have been a very good course as your English is perfect. :D

It really is, Isa!

It must have been amazing living there. I would love to live in London for awhile, and if I ever win the lottery, I will!

xxx
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:13 am

It was just 3 weeks, but it's always good staying in a house (though my landlady was total crazy!) and not a hotel. Makes you learn a lot about the place :)
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:54 am

sisterlondon wrote:It was just 3 weeks, but it's always good staying in a house (though my landlady was total crazy!) and not a hotel. Makes you learn a lot about the place :)

That must have been so great having the experience of living there in a house. What an incredible time you must have had!
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:00 pm

Yep, it was very cool indeed. All the trips I've made I always prefer going to somewhere's home. You always learn a lot more about how people live in there than in a hotel. And the dos and don'ts!
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to Steve Jansen