steve in a london newspaper

Solo career, news, photography and all things related to Steve

steve in a london newspaper

Postby Krishna-Lila on Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:58 am

Todays edition of London Life (a free news paper handed out to commuters) has an article on page two about the opening of 'Wholefoods' flagship store in London. They ask four or five customers about their opinion. One of them is none other than Steve Jansen who says he likes the store very much but unortunately has to drive there from where he lives. Steve's caption includes a small photograph of him looking very handsome. I dont have the technology to scan, but someone here might.
Its not very interesting i suppose, but it cheered me up at the end of an awful day spent trying to research in the British library.
'deconstruction is the possibility of justice' j. derrida
Krishna-Lila
Regular
Regular

Postby Steerpike on Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:11 pm

Thank you so much for the heads-up. I'm so glad I checked my e-mails before I went home! :lol:

I won't be able to scan the page in until tomorrow, so I'll put it up then. Also, I picked up 8 copies of the paper, so if anyone wants a original copy, let me know and I'll send it to you (not the whole paper. just the cover & the pages that the article is on.)

I also checked both free papers and this article was in The London Paper.
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:37 pm

Yay, thanks gals, waiting for that scan! :D
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:03 pm

Steerpike wrote:Thank you so much for the heads-up. I'm so glad I checked my e-mails before I went home! :lol:

I won't be able to scan the page in until tomorrow, so I'll put it up then. Also, I picked up 8 copies of the paper, so if anyone wants a original copy, let me know and I'll send it to you (not the whole paper. just the cover & the pages that the article is on.)

Oh yes, Laura, I would love a copy of this if at all possible!! You can either reply to me here or at MySpace (you know, I am Edie1964 there). I would love to see this! How cute is this that he did a soundbite in the newspaper?! For some reason, I just think this is absolutely endearing. :-)

Thanks too in advance for the scan!

xxx
These are years with a genius for living.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:39 am

Hope these are clear enough. I actually e-mailed the paper's letter page last night, told them who Steve was and asked if the picture could be re-printed bigger! I'll have to keep checking the paper and see if they do.
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:41 am

arieleleven wrote:
Steerpike wrote:Thank you so much for the heads-up. I'm so glad I checked my e-mails before I went home! :lol:

Oh yes, Laura, I would love a copy of this if at all possible!! You can either reply to me here or at MySpace (you know, I am Edie1964 there). I would love to see this! How cute is this that he did a soundbite in the newspaper?! For some reason, I just think this is absolutely endearing. :-)

Thanks too in advance for the scan!

xxx

No problem. Shall I give it to you in September? Isa, I assumed you wanted one as well and I'll add it to your pile.
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Krishna-Lila on Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:15 am

Thanks Steerpike.

Im not sure what Richard Patterson adds to the debate about wholefoods!!!
'deconstruction is the possibility of justice' j. derrida
Krishna-Lila
Regular
Regular

Postby Steerpike on Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:41 am

Krishna-Lila wrote:Thanks Steerpike.

Im not sure what Richard Patterson adds to the debate about wholefoods!!!

Hmm yes, very strange comment. I would have thought he would be pleased that there'll be more people shoppng in High Street Ken.
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:59 am

Steerpike, thanks so much for it! Yeah, add it to my pile, thank you!!!! :D

So they didn't know who he was? Doh! And I read Steve Jansen ACTOR, LMAO! I was living in Acton one summer and never found him there ;)
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:06 am

sisterlondon wrote:Steerpike, thanks so much for it! Yeah, add it to my pile, thank you!!!! :D

So they didn't know who he was? Doh! And I read Steve Jansen ACTOR, LMAO! I was living in Acton one summer and never found him there ;)

You must have been looking in the wrong places. You should have been checking out all the health food shops ;-)

I thought at first it said Actor too.

So, now we know where we're meeting up for lunch on the Monday - Wholefoods in High Street Kensington. :lol:

BTW. He does look a bit tired. I hope it was because he was up late working on his solo album :twisted:
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:12 am

Aw, poor Steve is tired! ;) The thing is that I don't remember any shop like that in Acton, we just bought all food at the Safeway near Sheppherd's Bush station (ah the memories!)
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:14 am

Probably explains why he has to drive all round London trying to find healthy food!
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:29 am

Haha, might be that! Though sure that Acton has changed a lot since I was there! Almost 10 years already!
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:31 am

10 years ago, maybe Steve didn't live there then.

Where you working in London?
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:34 am

Yeah, probably he wasn't.

I a friend of mine was working in London and I joined her there, but I just made an English course in there and mainly spent the time sightseeing. I was there like 3 weeks or a bit more, but had time to know the city quite well :)
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Next

Return to Steve Jansen