Steve on Alice's new album Samsara

Solo career, news, photography and all things related to Steve

Steve on Alice's new album Samsara

Postby inkinthewell on Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:09 pm

From Steve's site:
"a new album by italian singer alice featuring titles produced, arranged and performed by steve jansen is available from today (18th September). http://www.alice-officialwebsite.com/"

The idea that Steve worked on a project that involved Tiziano Ferro turns my blood into cottage cheese. :smt078
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Steve on Alice's new album Samsara

Postby Barbierigirl on Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:42 am

cool...The songs sound great but I wish I knew what she was saying.
People change and forget to tell each other - Lillian Hellman
Barbierigirl
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Quiet Visitor on Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:18 pm

Barbierigirl wrote:cool...The songs sound great but I wish I knew what she was saying.

I've got almost all albums from Alice, but I still don't know what she's singing about :oops:
But the music is wonderful and her voice is made in heaven (at least to my ears).

Oh, wait a minute, she did sing some tunes in English, some of them with folks like Peter Hammill and Tim Bowness.
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby svendutchmountains on Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:01 am

It does make you wonder though... how does someone like Steve end up being involved in these types of projects?
I know David frequently gets requests from bands (such as Blonde Redhead) but would that count for Steve as well?
I recognize no method of living that I know of, I see only the basic materials I may use
svendutchmountains
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Quiet Visitor on Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:36 pm

svendutchmountains wrote:It does make you wonder though... how does someone like Steve end up being involved in these types of projects?
I know David frequently gets requests from bands (such as Blonde Redhead) but would that count for Steve as well?

When you look at and listen to Alice's discography you'll notice she's not just a "normal" pop-singer. Her work always had some progressive, adventurous injections. From "Park Hotel" on she started working with international musicians and I guess her work was inspiring and challenging for Steve, Mick and Richard to want to work with her. Her compositions often have a lot of room for atmosphere, which gives them a lot of room to leave their mark. And because Steve has worked on a couple of albums and tours from Alice I guess for him it's not a project anymore, more a part of their friendship.
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Quiet Visitor on Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:44 pm

Just a side-note to add to my former post. Alice's website has a page with all the musicians involved in her work. Impressive!
http://www.alice-officialwebsite.com/musicisti.html
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Quiet Visitor on Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:45 am

Alice just released a new album, called Weekend. I don't think Steve is on this one this time.
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Quiet Visitor on Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:29 pm

Quiet Visitor wrote:Alice just released a new album, called Weekend. I don't think Steve is on this one this time.

Indeed, no Steve. But there's a nice cover on it from the non-album track Christmas from The Blue Nile. The original version can be found on the double-CD version from Hats that was released a few years ago.
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Steve Jansen