new video and images posted on steve's site

Solo career, news, photography and all things related to Steve

new video and images posted on steve's site

Postby lisa on Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:27 am

hi everyone - look what I found at steve's site (apologies if this has already been mentioned elsewhere):

http://www.samadhisound.com/stevejansen ... movie.html

some of the images are from elsewhere but there are new one's too, plus a link to a great little movie (although it does move in and out of focus at the beginning). At least now we have some idea of what the new tracks are going to sound like.
L.
lisa
Regular
Regular

Postby Silver Moon on Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:22 am

Oh!! I must have missed that video!

'Get the h*ll out' sounds... AWESOME!!! Oh I can't wait to get it!!

Don't mean to sound like a total idjit- but are the other songs he played from Steve's solo album?

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby lisa on Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:53 am

my guess is that they are - never seen those titles anywhere before now.

L.
lisa
Regular
Regular

Postby Silver Moon on Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:14 am

Thank you Lisa, it sounds great!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby arieleleven on Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:45 am

Thank you so much, Lisa! The photos are great and the video is especially cool...can't wait to hear these songs in their entirety now!
These are years with a genius for living.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby baht habit on Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:09 am

What a great sneak preview. Get The H*ll Out surely has a funky groove. Although initially skeptical, I must now admit that from these little excerpts, Elsenburg did an extremely fine job with the material he had been presented. From what I discerned from his vocal delivery on White Man Hex, I'm fairly sure that song is the other track they performed that Sylvian had originally sung. I guess that it is slated to be included on Jansen's solo disc (another release we have to look forward to). Listening closely, White Man Hex sounds as though it could easily have fit in with the Nine Horses material. Sleepyard might be one of the two collaborations between Elsenburg and Jansen that will also be included on Jansen's disc. Elsenburg sounds as if he is in a more natural vocal range on that one. Overall, the outcome sounds very encouraging...it's a pity that the entire performance isn't available.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:28 am

I may be wrong... But it almost sounds like on "Get the H*ll Out" That he is singing to a recorded harmony of David Sylvians voice? Or perhaps my ears have just gone bad! :)

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby baht habit on Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:20 pm

I think you are absolutely right. There are definitely two voices and one sounds suspiciously like Sylvian. As I listened, I thought to myself that Elsenburg is doing his best imitation of Bowie :) And that Steve Jansen is mimicking his brother's tone :)
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Steve Jansen