Steve Jansen - Update

Solo career, news, photography and all things related to Steve

Postby godisinthesilences on Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:31 pm

The Analog Kid wrote:
godisinthesilences wrote:
Noone takes polaroids anymore

actually analog kid.... I take polaroids still :-)

great, v nice to hear! - so not afraid to run out of 'film' supply any day soon?

cheers
E

Actually I am in the process of stockpiling polaroid film. Not very happy with Polaroid at the moment. I resent that they didn't think about the fact that they are destroying a complete artform. It is very very sad I think.
Fuji has replaced their 669 film and also Lomography has some cute little instant cameras using a miniature instant film. But it just isn't the same as using an SX 70 camera or the newer 600 camera. It is all very depressing for me.... weep weep... Sniff sniff ....
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby E.T. on Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:22 pm

I'm sorry if someone already said about this. recently I feel like I see the words "nissan" "steve" on foreign website, but I can't remember. :(

http://www2.nissan.co.jp/24/CM/index.html

we can't buy the vehicle
it'll never stop
it's only one in the world
it run with 100,000 kilos per an hour
The earth.

The human...
cannot get off the vehicle
we can never do it

when we ride a car
we ride the vehicle at the same time

We who taste joy to run
are drivers of the vehicle called the earth.

omg, great, beautiful
http://www.stevejansen.com/news/nissan_ ... rcial.html
whatever gets you through the night
E.T.
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sonic_chronicler on Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:50 am

I'd missed that news - thanks
sonic_chronicler
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby MoodyB on Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:59 am

The Analog Kid wrote:

great, v nice to hear! - so not afraid to run out of 'film' supply any day soon?

cheers
E

Actually I am in the process of stockpiling polaroid film. Not very happy with Polaroid at the moment. I resent that they didn't think about the fact that they are destroying a complete artform. It is very very sad I think.
Fuji has replaced their 669 film and also Lomography has some cute little instant cameras using a miniature instant film. But it just isn't the same as using an SX 70 camera or the newer 600 camera. It is all very depressing for me.... weep weep... Sniff sniff ....

Indeed, I'll second that emotion...
...There are a great many photographers feeling quite glum about this.
As it is, I'm still depressed about the demise of Technical Pan film, which was the best film EVER!

*Sniff*
"Before you play two notes learn how to play one note - and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it." - Mark Hollis (1998)

http://www.chriscrader.com/
http://stores.lulu.com/Eurotech
MoodyB
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:10 am

MoodyB wrote:
The Analog Kid wrote:

cheers
E

As it is, I'm still depressed about the demise of Technical Pan film, which was the best film EVER!

*Sniff*

oh hhmm ... i do understand having ones favourite black and white film go bye bye. Agfa stopped making mine a couple years ago (in medium format). They also stopped making the most absolutely awesome fiber base paper :-(. It was the only paper I have found that works the best with the mordançage process i do. :-( Also, back in the 80s Agfa made this wonderful 800 and 1000 asa film for colour. It was all dreamy and pastel based... you see it used in the work of Nancy Brown and other photographers of the era who were inspired by her use of it. :-( Stupid Agfa :-(

Moody, have you ever tried Fuji's Neopan and push it? I think its a great film and I love pushing my film from 100/200 to about 3200 when i do some of my fashion work.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby MoodyB on Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:21 am

MoodyB wrote:
The Analog Kid wrote:

cheers
E

*Sniff*

oh hhmm ... i do understand having ones favourite black and white film go bye bye. Agfa stopped making mine a couple years ago (in medium format). They also stopped making the most absolutely awesome fiber base paper :-(. It was the only paper I have found that works the best with the mordançage process i do. :-( Also, back in the 80s Agfa made this wonderful 800 and 1000 asa film for colour. It was all dreamy and pastel based... you see it used in the work of Nancy Brown and other photographers of the era who were inspired by her use of it. :-( Stupid Agfa :-(

Moody, have you ever tried Fuji's Neopan and push it? I think its a great film and I love pushing my film from 100/200 to about 3200 when i do some of my fashion work.

Yes indeed, I've pushed the heck out of just about any film that gets in my cameras!
;-)
I love the atmospheric quality it gives the images, especially after processing in D19!

I think I'm digressing here...I'm sure Steve would appreciate this little tangent though, he's an accomplished lensman himself!
"Before you play two notes learn how to play one note - and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it." - Mark Hollis (1998)

http://www.chriscrader.com/
http://stores.lulu.com/Eurotech
MoodyB
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:55 pm

MoodyB wrote:
MoodyB wrote:
The Analog Kid wrote:

cheers
E

*Sniff*

Yes indeed, I've pushed the heck out of just about any film that gets in my cameras!
;-)
I love the atmospheric quality it gives the images, especially after processing in D19!

I think I'm digressing here...I'm sure Steve would appreciate this little tangent though, he's an accomplished lensman himself!

ahh yes we have gotten a bit OT. I just love talking about photo stuff and its not the same doing it with my beginning photo students. They just look at me *blink, blink*. Sort of sucks the fun out of it for me.

Have you ever made your own developers from scratch? One of my favourites to make was GAF 120. I can send you the recipe if interested. LOL I can send Steve the recipe as well if he would like :-)!!

Love ya steve... sorry to have hi-jacked the post!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Previous

Return to Steve Jansen