New Steve Jansen download on Samadhisound

Solo career, news, photography and all things related to Steve

New Steve Jansen download on Samadhisound

Postby inkinthewell on Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:54 am

SAMADHISOUND NEWS UPDATE, 15.02.08

We are pleased to announce that there is a new work by Steve Jansen available from today exclusively in our download store.

Written, recorded and mixed by Steve Jansen at 'The Nest', London.

A commissioned soundtrack for a video installation by Shoko Ise. Created over a period of months during mid to late 2007, 'Swimming In Qualia' is a work in two parts for two projectors playing consecutively: 'Ascent' - the main body of the composition, and 'Glimpse' - a shorter, looping sequence which is not included in this download.

The installation was featured as part of the 'Still/Alive' exhibit of contemporary art and photography in Japan held at the Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography from 22 December 2007 to 20 February 2008.

Presented as a single track, Ascent comes with a credit sheet designed by Chris Bigg and also with specially designed wallpapers using imagery from Shoko Ise.

Also new online, excerpts from various interviews with Steve about Slope and recording in general.
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Swimming in Qualia

Postby Slope on Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:15 pm

As a self-confessed Jansen-junkie, I've had this on permanent play for the last day.

I genuinely think that this is the finest work that Steve has had a hand in. It's *that* good IMHO.

He always was the dark horse - now he's proving himself.

Well done Steve. More please :)
Slope
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Adrian on Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:25 am

I played it softly last night and really liked it - will give it another listen tonight. But yeah, I think it's really good!
Adrian
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Steve Jansen