New interview with Richard

Postby sisterlondon on Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:59 pm

sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby gokartmozart on Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:37 pm

Thanx sisterlondon for the link...

Like that last bit...

Planet Loud – You solo stuff, are you planning anything more in the near future?
Porcupine Tree - I’ll probably do something next year because hopefully it will be quieter for us, we’ve been on the road six months and it’s been pretty tough so we really need some time to do other things, have a bit of a life. I’m a little way into that already and I think I’ll probably make another solo album.

Planet Loud – Any live shows to go with that?
Porcupine Tree - I don’t know, those can only work in a certain way, and I wouldn’t want an audience to listen to that for more than 35, 40 minutes. I could see it working within a line up of musicians or maybe try and do something with Steve if he’s interested as he’s got a lot of electronic projects as well, but in a nice little theatre or something where they’re not expecting rock music and not expecting vocals, like another Burning Shed event; it would work in that context, I’d like to do that.
"The world is a king, and, like a king, desires flattery in return for a favor; but true art is selfish and perverse - it will not submit to the mold of flattery." Ludwig von Beethoven
gokartmozart
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby sisterlondon on Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:22 am

It was good hearing that there might be some solo stuff from him somewhere in the future. Next year is Porcupine Tree's year off. Gavin is joining King Crimson, Steven is doing his solo album and like a million projects and dunno what COlin would do, but would be a good one for Richard making his new solo album.

BTW, today I found Rich's Things Buried in a shop, and they also had the Indigo Falls cd! Never expected to find any of them in my city (I had them already, but always happy to see them!)
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:02 am

sisterlondon wrote:...but would be a good one for Richard making his new solo album.

Maybe spend some quality time visiting old friends... ;-)
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:30 pm

heartofdavid wrote:Maybe spend some quality time visiting old friends... ;-)

That would be cool, yep ;)
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby alex2222 on Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:27 am

sisterlondon wrote:
heartofdavid wrote:Maybe spend some quality time visiting old friends... ;-)

That would be cool, yep ;)

A Christmas wish?
alex2222
Regular
Regular

Return to Interviews