Electricity Club-interview with Robert Dean (2019)

Interviews with the band and ex-members

Electricity Club-interview with Robert Dean (2019)

Postby Quiet Visitor on Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:30 am

Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Electricity Club-interview with Robert Dean (2019)

Postby Quiet Visitor on Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:00 am

Funny he mentions David's fear that Polaroids would become a Quiet Life Part II. When Polaroids was released I felt exactly that way: after three very different albums, Polaroids sounded as a backward step to me, so it became the first Japan-LP I didn't buy. Later I heard Nightporter and got me that wonderful 12"-version with Methods Of Dance and then I made myself a tape of the album. When I found a CD-copy in the late '80 it was actually the first Japan-album I bought on CD!
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Gabzi Nemo on Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:08 pm

I do find Polaroids to be similar to Quiet Life in ways. Although I must say I absolutely love every song on Polaroids :smt007

I've been making a bunch of mixtapes lately, so I have to ask if you still have that tape of Nightporter/Methods of Dance laying around :D
Gabzi Nemo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Quiet Visitor on Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:56 pm

Gabzi Nemo wrote:I've been making a bunch of mixtapes lately, so I have to ask if you still have that tape of Nightporter/Methods of Dance laying around :D

I notice I didn't make myself clear: I bought the 12" Of Nightporter in 1982 and later, when I got me a tape-machine I copied Polaroids on cassette, but that cassette is long gone after I bought the CD.
I do still have a mix-tape though with on side one Easy Doors and on side two Quiet Japan; indeed the latter with all the slow, ambient Japan-tracks. Once in a while I still play that one.
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Interviews