Mick Karns short story,zig zag interview

Interviews with the band and ex-members

Mick Karns short story,zig zag interview

Postby mysticlady on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:08 am

Hi
I was wondering if any one has the Mick zig zag interview (The hairy chest one ) as I would love to read it again? A scan on here perhaps?Or even a little to say what it was about ,I just remember it being a bit weird.
And also to jog your memories a little can you remember a short story Mick wrote in the 80s a peculiar little piece im sure it was published in a ladies mag ,as I read it once?
Can anyone else remember this story as it wasnt mentioned in his Autobiography.
mysticlady
Noob
Noob

Re: Mick Karns short story,zig zag interview

Postby heartofdavid on Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:26 pm

Here's the link to the Zig Zag interview that was posted on this forum - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=770

A bit difficult to read as all the quotation marks got turned into symbols (for some reason).

I've never seen the short story you mentioned although I have an old radio interview with Mick where he talks about it, think he says it is about vampire and that he was one of several people asked to write a story. The sound quality has deteriorated and I can't make out the name of the magazine.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby mysticlady on Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:42 pm

thanks for the link I will read it very soon .
I actually recall reading the short story he wrote back then, it was very strange surreal and metaphorical,the creatures in the story where like his sculptures,goblin / monster like? I think the monsters in the tale are metaphors for Mick and David,I remember it being like a ladies type magazine not a musical one.
Maybe someone still has it somewhere!
mysticlady
Noob
Noob

Postby heartofdavid on Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:34 pm

mysticlady wrote:...it was very strange surreal and metaphorical,the creatures in the story where like his sculptures,goblin / monster like? I think the monsters in the tale are metaphors for Mick and David,I remember it being like a ladies type magazine not a musical one.

I'd love to read it, sounds really interesting. Hope someone comes across with it.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby schmoomunitions on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:11 pm

So does anyone have the photos to see? PLEASE!!!! :shock:
schmoomunitions
Noob
Noob

Return to Interviews