RB interview in Record Collector

Interviews with the band and ex-members

RB interview in Record Collector

Postby anortherncod on Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:44 pm

...apparently it's small but perfectly formed! I've not seen it myself, this was posted on Pioneers.
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: RB interview in Record Collector

Postby proggrl on Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:10 am

anortherncod wrote:...apparently it's small but perfectly formed! I've not seen it myself

Well Suzanne will be very happy to hear that!! :shock:
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:13 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(I don't know who's worse, me or you, K!!!)
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:29 am

Update: I now have a copy of aforementioned interview. It's not that small (THE INTERVIEW, I MEAN :wink: ) - but there is a touch of duplication with the interview I did with Richard! I sense some litigation coming on - either that, or asking Record Collector if they'll give me a job... :lol:
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby VaporTrail on Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:35 pm

any good little tibits we should know about? :)
VaporTrail
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby anortherncod on Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:50 pm

Yes... he was the archivist for Japan apparently and has LOADS of stuff at home! This was also mentioned on Pioneers, and I proposed that someone could bring a van round to his house while I distracted him so that we could get all the unreleased stuff :lol:

Also, he mentions that he might write a book! I definitely think that he should (quelle surprise!). How could we go about making sure that this actually happens, I wonder...?

(Poor Richard, if he ever meets me, he'll run a mile!!!)
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:45 pm

anortherncod wrote:Yes... he was the archivist for Japan apparently and has LOADS of stuff at home! This was also mentioned on Pioneers, and I proposed that someone could bring a van round to his house while I distracted him so that we could get all the unreleased stuff :lol:

Also, he mentions that he might write a book! I definitely think that he should (quelle surprise!). How could we go about making sure that this actually happens, I wonder...?

(Poor Richard, if he ever meets me, he'll run a mile!!!)

No he wouldn't! (Coz I'd tie his bootlaces together!) :twisted: I think he should definitely write his book. But, bear in mind Mick has ALREADY written his book, completed it in 2006 I think, and he is still looking for a publisher. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE? PUBLISH MICKS BOOK, YOU *******S!!!

BTW: let me know when you plan to relieve RB of his Japan archive and I'll drive the getaway van/truck/16 wheeler/whatever ... just how big do you think it is? The archive I mean!!!
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:42 pm

I think it's so big we'll definitely need a lorry. Or a bus - there's an idea; we could disguise ourselves using a bus and Richard wouldn't be at all surprised by seeing a bus, now, would he?

...THE ARCHIVE is big, I mean... :wink:
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:20 pm

Astronaut wrote:I think he should definitely write his book. But, bear in mind Mick has ALREADY written his book, completed it in 2006 I think, and he is still looking for a publisher. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE? PUBLISH MICKS BOOK, YOU *******S!!!

Any of them, all of them...write a book and get it out! Self-publishing an option? If the limited audience is a concern for a publisher, that might be the way to go. I wouldn't mind paying a higher price for a book from one of the sources.

The guys are sitting on goods many a fan would like to get their hands on...so to speak. Photos, for one (and Steve's made some of his available as individual prints - how about a book?). Film, private tapes and all the stories that only they know.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:54 pm

heartofdavid wrote:
Astronaut wrote:I think he should definitely write his book. But, bear in mind Mick has ALREADY written his book, completed it in 2006 I think, and he is still looking for a publisher. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE? PUBLISH MICKS BOOK, YOU *******S!!!

Any of them, all of them...write a book and get it out! Self-publishing an option? If the limited audience is a concern for a publisher, that might be the way to go. I wouldn't mind paying a higher price for a book from one of the sources.

The guys are sitting on goods many a fan would like to get their hands on...so to speak. Photos, for one (and Steve's made some of his available as individual prints - how about a book?). Film, private tapes and all the stories that only they know.

EXACTLY Heart! We want the books and we want them NOW! Can we start some sort of a campaign, a subscription or something? Then email their management and say look, we, the undersigned are willing to pay X amount of £/$ each to get our hands on a copy of the book - any chance of private publishing? Grovel, grovel, etc??? ???
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:26 am

Let's add the photographic restrospective about David that Yuka Fujii's been (supposedly) working on for the last 25 years...
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Interviews