bomb mag

David's solo career interviews

Re: bomb mag

Postby neonico on Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:56 pm

Hawk wrote:I love David's hair at the moment.

:-)

I also think that however intelligent everyone is, you all make such interesting comments. I am glad people are free to debate here.

Obviously I can't speak for David but if I were in his position I think I would find it difficult if people asked me about my life...as my life is essentially very simple and without much activity... I don't feel that I can speak or express myself as 'my life' as I don't really have much to tell other than what people know or could guess already ... but if people asked me about 'my art' I would have lots to say as I have travelled to many places through that medium. I guess it could be seen as hiding....or it could be that I use art so much as a device to speak, to think, to feel, to communicate, that anything complex or interesting has been fed onto that canvas, leaving the painter just painting and that's it. In essence, when I look in the mirror I don't see the flesh and blood that stares back at me but a combination of selves and timespaces and memories and atmospheres and genders all put into one image - and it's that level that I would find it easier to communicate - or be interviewed - on. For someone else to be able to read on that level, or even be interested on what happens on that level, they don't have to be intelligent or artistic, just accepting that reality plays on many stages and for some people, physical reality is actually quite plain and almost deceptive of who that person really is. The truth is the mask - that is why it was created. It is a combination of everything inside and outside. Still, I can understand when people say David tends to 'tread the same path' in his interviews. Reading one after the other, both in a specific time bracket, or reading one on its own, does seem to give this impression, although in reflecting on his thoughts I always learn something new. If I had time and was obsessive about it, I would read all the interviews he has ever done - not necessarily in chronological order, in fact they might be more revealing jumbled up. But I guess I might as well just listen to the music... I would have to see a purpose in such detailed study.

But I know I ramble on.....and even if what I say is important to me it doesn't make it any less of a ramble...so maybe David is just an old rambler... Same with being pretentious and self-absorbed... if you want to point fingers. But I'm not asking anyone to change. Ask me what my favourite drink is and I'd probably stand there pondering for half an hour rather than give a quick response I later regret through its superficiality... which is stupid but its me and finally I'm ok with that. Maybe David is finally settled with who he is too...

Agh I'm gonna have to click submit now before I regret typing all this........ :oops:

Like i said before i just love reading your posts and find you a very interesting and well educated and also intelligent and
you are just a wonderful interesting person..just unique

you are also very beautiful from visage and yes i love davids long hair i just wish there where more hawks in this world---

dont change yourself please stay as you are...unique....and by the way you never ramble on...

we are very simalar but english is not my own language brought up in mexico then england then eygpt now germany

though my father will be for me always the greatest living englishman.
neonico

Postby tracycowell on Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:41 am

neonico wrote:
inkinthewell wrote:
neonico wrote:where i come from is intelligence measured by what youve studied ie a university degree...

Well, in the world I live in, a university degree only means you have (probably, hopefully!) a wee bit more specific knowledge of a certain argument than the average person;

well if the above is true a wee bit more knowedge then you d let yourself be operated in hosital by a person thats hasnt studied

good argument...

and david not being an average bloke i cant answer that one never lived with him and dont know him personally and never will ....like the rest of us...

Now now thats not what you told me.... I think you are fooling us all
Ask yourself: Do I know who I am? Perform sincere self-inquiry, and find the permanent solution to all of life’s problems. — Amma
tracycowell
Regular
Regular

Postby Hawk on Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:45 pm

neonico wrote: Like i said before i just love reading your posts and find you a very interesting and well educated and also intelligent and

you are also very beautiful from visage and yes i love davids long hair i just wish there where more hawks in this world---

dont change yourself please stay as you are...unique....and by the way you never ramble on...

we are very simalar but english is not my own language brought up in mexico then england then eygpt now germany

*Blushes* Thank you neo... Here are several Hawks:

Wow it must have been great to experience many different cultures. I have only ever known England... but it is my aim to one day be able to speak more than one language... I suppose I like art because it is a universal language. The same with music. It becomes complicated, maybe even misunderstood, when it tries to be explained. But the process is still interesting.
Hawk
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby neonico on Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:57 pm

Hawk wrote:
neonico wrote: Like i said before i just love reading your posts and find you a very interesting and well educated and also intelligent and

*Blushes* Thank you neo... Here are several Hawks:

Wow it must have been great to experience many different cultures. I have only ever known England... but it is my aim to one day be able to speak more than one language... I suppose I like art because it is a universal language. The same with music. It becomes complicated, maybe even misunderstood, when it tries to be explained. But the process is still interesting.

and here is me the lonley deerImage
neonico

Postby inkinthewell on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:05 pm

I treated myself to an afternoon of tea, Manafon and the Bomb interview, while outside the sky alternately shed violent rays of light and violent showers of rain, with the odd zigzag of lightning requesting my attention every now and then.
The interview is very interesting and, even though it was carried out through e-mails, it's very conversational (in some points, it's David Sylvian that's interviewing Keith Rowe). Manafon, of course, is the focus and it turns out that it's a pop album, a real challenge, and it's over.
And painting is a very important element in all this, and pops up quite often, from the Phillip Guston quote in Keith Rowe's first question to David Sylvian enjoying the simplicity of writing miniatures in the last paragraph. :D
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:44 pm

inkinthewell wrote:I treated myself to an afternoon of tea, Manafon and the Bomb interview, while outside the sky alternately shed violent rays of light and violent showers of rain, with the odd zigzag of lightning requesting my attention every now and then.
The interview is very interesting and, even though it was carried out through e-mails, it's very conversational (in some points, it's David Sylvian that's interviewing Keith Rowe). Manafon, of course, is the focus and it turns out that it's a pop album, a real challenge, and it's over.
And painting is a very important element in all this, and pops up quite often, from the Phillip Guston quote in Keith Rowe's first question to David Sylvian enjoying the simplicity of writing miniatures in the last paragraph. :D

inkinthewell is the interview longer as the one on the bomb site and are there more pics perhaps ill buy it thanks for the post :-D :-D
neonico

Postby inkinthewell on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:19 pm

neonico wrote:inkinthewell is the interview longer as the one on the bomb site and are there more pics perhaps ill buy it thanks for the post :-D :-D

Yep, he interview is longer than what was visible on the Bomb site (looks like the link is dead now) and it spreads on 5 pages (each page has two columns, the first column is an introduction by Marcus Boon and the remaining 8 and a half hold the interview). There is only one picture, and, if I remember right [yes, it's the one you posted in the gallery: bomb mag], it's the one that could be seen on that dead link: David sitting on a brown armchair in front of 'weedy' wall panels, staring rather pissed-offly into the void, and... he's wearing the tie. :-D
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:34 pm

inkinthewell wrote:
neonico wrote:inkinthewell is the interview longer as the one on the bomb site and are there more pics perhaps ill buy it thanks for the post :-D :-D

Yep, he interview is longer than what was visible on the Bomb site (looks like the link is dead now) and it spreads on 5 pages (each page has two columns, the first column is an introduction by Marcus Boon and the remaining 8 and a half hold the interview). There is only one picture, and, if I remember right [yes, it's the one you posted in the gallery: bomb mag], it's the one that could be seen on that dead link: David sitting on a brown armchair in front of 'weedy' wall panels, staring rather pissed-offly into the void, and... he's wearing the tie. :-D

yes that TIE its still killing me he he :-D :-D

and the quote
staring rather pissed-offly into the void
that was my thought as well but was too scared to post it..

how did you do the big the thing...

thanks for the response buy the way...
neonico

Postby inkinthewell on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:50 pm

neonico wrote:how did you do the big the thing...

Write what you want in the reply box, select the word(s) you want to make big (or small), click on the "Normal" button above the box (between the "URL" and "Font colour" buttons) and choose the size you desire.
P.S. There's no such button in real life. :wink:
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:11 pm

inkinthewell wrote:
neonico wrote:how did you do the big the thing...

Write what you want in the reply box, select the word(s) you want to make big (or small), click on the "Normal" button above the box (between the "URL" and "Font colour" buttons) and choose the size you desire.
P.S. There's no such button in real life. :wink:

the cool .. :-D :-D
neonico

Previous

Return to Interviews