David Sylvian 1999 Internet Interview

David's solo career interviews

David Sylvian 1999 Internet Interview

Postby Despair on Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:00 am

Back in 1999, to promote Dead Bees On A Cake, Sylvian did an Internet Only interview, that was filmed and streamed. Taking questions from fans. Is this still available on the net ??? I only saw it once, and have never seen mention of it since.
Despair
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby camphorvan on Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:40 pm

I remember this - I think it was on the Eden site; the one that now has info on the Japan/Sylvian remasters?

C
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Simonp on Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:05 pm

I remember this well. Sylvian was wearing an awful yellow jacket and looked positively bored. i think it was on Gerrit's site for a while but seeing as he isnt doing davidsylvian.net at the moment i don't know where else you'd find it.
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:17 pm

I remember reading the transcript on Gerrit's site, but saw the broadcast elsewhere, live I think. I agree that David seemed bored, I think he passed on answering a few questions because he said they were boring. Fiddled with his ears a lot, nervous habit, rarely smiled.

I haven't seen this interview since, would love to. *hopeful*
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby camphorvan on Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:17 am

Oh - I thought you were talking about the promo site - I remember the yellow suited interview. I think it might exist somewhere on youtube still maybe?
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby tallulahtaurus on Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:44 am

I'm fairly sure it's not on YouTube anymore, although it was once because I saw it on there aaages ago. I remember it being taken down because the person who uploaded it had also uploaded the Old Grey Whistle Test songs which resulted in the BBC having their account suspended and all their other stuff was lost as a consequence.

The same person also had this Dolphin Brother's interview on their account and I was mightily annoyed that that went too....

I'm fairly sure, because I have seen almost every Sylvian relatable thing (that can be searched anyway) on there and I regularly search for new Sylvian stuff on there that they haven't been reupped yet, which sucks because I remember liking that Sylvian interview and r r want to see the Dolphin Brothers one again.
"This island of blue
Where life clings to your hands
Like water and sand
Will loose it's way when you're gone"
tallulahtaurus
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby godisinthesilences on Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:58 am

i remember seeing it on gerritt's site as well... oh i'd love to have that as a download .... does anyone have it? MoodyB do you????
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Interviews