I love my copy!

David and Steve's last project together, together with Bernd Friedmann

I love my copy!

Postby Silver Moon on Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:20 pm

Hello all,

I just recieved my copy of "Money For All" earlier today... I absolutely love it!! I have been reading some not-so-nice things that people have been saying on various boards and websites... All I can say it: Whaddya talkin' about?!?! I am lovin' the upbeat tempos and rythyms of these songs. Even my little brother likes "Get the h*ll out"!

... By the way I also saw on the packaging slip that David Sylvian was mentioned with DGM , as if they share the same store. So perhaps Mr. Fripp and Mr. Sylvian are still affiliated?

I also remember seeing a lot of people wondering who "Caroline" was... I was thinking perhaps it was possible he was referring to Caroline records? I know that there were some King Crimson albums on the label. But meh... I'm probably wrong! :-)

... To everyone who has their copy (Which I am hoping you all do!) What do you think?!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby ZenV on Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:48 am

Silver Moon,

I'm glad you're enjoying the CD as much as I am. You're probably right about the meaning of Caroline. I found King Crimson, Robert Fripp, and Hoger Czukay albums on the Caroline label alongside David Sylvian. So that makes sense, I suppose. Thanks for finding it out!

Wouldn't it be great if David himself read this site and offered some answers to these great mysteries?

My two little girls (4 and 7) also sing along to 'Money for All' and 'Get the H*ll Out'. My husband just grunts 'Christ, not this stuff again . . .'. He is rude and has no taste, obviously.

Thanks! --Naoko
ZenV
Noob
Noob

Postby baht habit on Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:14 am

That's great that you are enjoying the new one. I've been checking everyday around here to read some discussion pertaining to opinions of the EP. I've been listening to it fairly frequently for the past month now and also think the new songs are fantastic. I now can't wait for the release of Jansen's solo album, because I am sure that will be almost an extension of this direction.
Where have you read negative reviews? Everything I've come across has been pretty much positive. I myself am not all too impressed with the remixes by Friedman, is that what you've referred to?
Anyway, it's great that others will now put forth their opinions around here....I hope to read some in depth reviews as well....So please keep 'em comin' :)
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Bern on Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:13 pm

On Get The H*ll Out when he says "It's your birthday" is it just a coincidence the release date coincides with Ingrid's birthday?
Bern
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:22 pm

Bern,

Hmm... That is quite a coincidence! But I don't think it was released on just the 22nd... It was released earlier in Japan, and I think officially on the 23 in the US. It could just be coincidence... But you never know!

That also reminds me... The day that the song samples were put on Samadhisounds site, it was my birthday... And the first song I listened to was "Get the h*ll out" ... And the first line I heard was "Get the h3ll out... Honey it's your birthday..." And I just about leapt out of my chair... It must have been some kind of sign! ;-)

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby camphorvan on Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:33 am

there is also Radio Caroline...pirate radio of the 60's which dave would have heard in his youth possibly?
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:41 pm

I got my copy this week as well, and took it to work,since I had to work early that day and knew I would have some quiet time before all my loud-mouthed drivers would come in off the road. I sat there motionless as the first song played, and then the second was great too. I like all of the selections. All I can say really about remixes in general is that I can take them or leave them. Ones I have heard over the years by various artist are sometimes good, sometimes annoying, especially if there are alot of repetitious effects used. These particular remixes are fine with me--I really have no complaints on what Burnt did, and I figure if everyone else involved was happy with them (particularly David) then that is what counts, I guess.
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Drake on Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:16 pm

I think it's a grower. Wasn't too impressed at first (well of course I liked Money... and Hell out..) but it is getting better and better. Really enjoy The Hell Out remix...really cool. The Banality of Evil is darn great too - one of my least fav songs from SBS.

The Caroline part is probably the highlight of the album. Beautiful.
Drake
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: I love my copy!

Postby sonic_chronicler on Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:23 pm

Silver Moon wrote:
I was thinking perhaps it was possible he was referring to Caroline records? I know that there were some King Crimson albums on the label. But meh... I'm probably wrong! :-)

I'm guessing you are ;-) Although The Japan & Sylvian CDs were out in the US on Caroline Records. You'd have thought he'd have more of an axe to grind with Virgin though :)

Caroline was reviously mentioned in Exit/Delete too if you remember
sonic_chronicler
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Nath on Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:04 pm

I've got mine and I love it very very much!!!! :-D

I made it listen to my mother and my great sister : and they loved very much... :twisted:

Nath
Nath
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Simonp on Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:50 am

I adore the EP. the two new tracks are wonderful and in particular I love the edit of Money For All, far superior to the original version.
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Nine Horses