Money For All

David and Steve's last project together, together with Bernd Friedmann

Postby Silver Moon on Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:51 am

Very interesting information, Zen V! Thanks for posting!

I can't wait to get the new EP... I am so excited!! The day I listened to the previews on Samadhisound-- It was my birthday. Then I listened to "Get the H*ll out" and the first thing I hear him sing is: "Get the h*ll out, only it's your birthday..." And I just about jumped out of my seat saying "Holy Crap!" ... I hope it's a good sign!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby baht habit on Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:16 am

I received a copy of Money For All this evening. I've been overdosing on the new songs...especially the title track, which is all around superb. I dig that primitive harmonica playing :)
The rhythmic and electronic programming of Get The H*ll Out reminds me quite a bit of Massive Attack blended with a sonorous electric horn sound reminiscent of something from Captain Eno's Nerve Net. I can only conclude that Jansen has given both of them a listen at some point or another. Sylvian's lyrics initially come across as somewhat half baked but that's no real detriment. The basic premise is readily obvious, that of this real or imagined abused woman (perhaps the very same depressive and suicidal Caroline from Exit/Delete) in need of escape from her current life... by a chivalrous guy who will help out but not take advantage of her weakened and impressionable psyche. "I would never...you know...I would never")
I'm not all that impressed with the remixes by Friedman....Banality of Evil being the weakest. No matter,...the new ones, especially Money For All, definitely make up for it.
Last edited by baht habit on Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:13 pm

Ok, so he says HONEY not ONLY... That makes more sense! *Feels embarressed now for thinking the wrong lyrics*

But what better birthday gift could I ask for besides unreleased Nine Horses song samples! :-D

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby gokartmozart on Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:19 am

Online music magazine Barcodezine review, although NOT the best music writing...

http://www.barcodezine.com/revninehorse ... 171206.htm
gokartmozart
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby baht habit on Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:16 am

Though not as favorable as many around this forum would prefer, I'd consider that a fair and well thought out review. Yet it does seem as though the reviewer is yet another who may hold 'blemish' in high regard and allows that to affect his judgement towards anything new that Sylvian releases.
I had just received my promo copy and press release on Thursday. After listening quite a bit to this new EP as it is presented, I'm preparing to write my review for Stylus Magazine and hopefully other publications may accept it as well and print it. My previous review for Snow Borne Sorrow ended up all over the internet after guitarist and fellow Philadelphian Tim Motzer chose to utilize it in promotion of the cd on the 1K recording website. That particular review was not overly gushing and praising in tone either. I just pointed out the strengths and weaknesses, which is what a good review strives to do. Thankfully I think this was the reason I've been deemed a music reviewer and am happily in possession of a copy of Money For All more than a month before it's release. One thing for sure, the review I submit will have no mention of 'blemish'. Far too many reviewers dwelled on that disc while reviewing Nine Horses in the past and probably will continue to do so now. I see no reason for that.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:58 pm

Thanks for being a conscientious reviewer, Baht Habit. Please provide a link to your review when it is ready---if you are allowed, or at least tell us where it is when it appears.

Happy Holidays!!!
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby gokartmozart on Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:03 pm

Hope this post is okay... just thought those of us who have not already pre-ordered the CD may find this a good deal.

Fye.com has a pre-order for $11.99 with release date listed as Jan. 30th.

http://shop.fye.com/product.aspx?sku=203391065

The deal comes after adding to Cart... Use coupon code: MCOCT2006 for 10% off (making it $10.79) and free budget shipping to USA addresses.

Hope this helps some of us watching the pennies after the holidays.

-David

PS> I don't know when this coupon will expire. Of course until it does, you may add other CDs/DVDs (no 10% off on books :cry: ). Standard disclaimers apply, of course (I've only used Fye.com one other time and it was only average in shipping time. Still, it got there okay).
gokartmozart
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby baht habit on Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:33 am

ab-cd.com has it for $9.77.
I had previously placed my pre-order back in October, when they originally had it for over ten dollars, which was before I learned that I was to receive a free promo copy in December. Now the extremely fair and reasonable guys who run ab-cd dropped it to this $9.77 because they know that shipping costs will be involved.
:) I don't work for the company, I just wholeheartedly endorse their service. :)
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby gokartmozart on Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:54 am

I agree bad habit, ab-cd.com have a great price on it, before shipping. All their music offerings are cool. Fye.com only saves you 68 cents on the CD in total.
gokartmozart
Obsessed
Obsessed

Previous

Return to Nine Horses