New Material to be Released in November

David and Steve's last project together, together with Bernd Friedmann

Postby Silver Moon on Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:14 pm

heartofdavid wrote:I think he probably says something stronger than "Owie!" when he stub his toe or cuts himself...ah, getting carried away with my imagination, lol.


Haha! You are hilarious... And I don't think you're getting carried away, you're probably right! And I hope you are. And if there is a moaning screaming boy inside him somewhere, then that means he probably might have a playful side, too! I mean... We do know that he was in a skateboarding accident! :-D

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder
 
Posts: 1438
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 7:01 pm
Location: Middle Tennessee, USA

Postby lastgoldstar on Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:53 pm

heartofdavid wrote:I think he probably says something stronger than "Owie!" when he stub his toe or cuts himself...ah, getting carried away with my imagination, lol.


What about "Owie, I hurt my footsie!" :lol:
Image
Image
User avatar
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 2:20 pm
Location: Florida

Postby heartofdavid on Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:22 pm

lastgoldstar wrote:What about "Owie, I hurt my footsie!" :lol:


ROTFL!! :D And his brother Steve would sympathize, "Aw, poor Davie got a boo-boo."
Hallucinating lucidity
User avatar
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing
 
Posts: 947
Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 9:30 am

Postby krausy on Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:42 pm

Goofiness abounds!!!!!!!!!! :-D
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
User avatar
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing
 
Posts: 1108
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Crystal Coast, North Carolina

Postby heartofdavid on Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:53 pm

Some days you just have to laugh, better than drowning in your own tears.

My goofy genes were hyperactive today.
Hallucinating lucidity
User avatar
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing
 
Posts: 947
Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 9:30 am

Postby krausy on Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:13 pm

Too true about drowning in tears.........................

I find that music helps me alot in that respect, as it keeps me from getting bogged down in my despair from all that goes on around here. I can honestly say David and the guys have kept my head above the surface for months now.
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
User avatar
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing
 
Posts: 1108
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Crystal Coast, North Carolina

Postby Silver Moon on Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:31 am

krausy wrote:Too true about drowning in tears.........................

I find that music helps me alot in that respect, as it keeps me from getting bogged down in my despair from all that goes on around here. I can honestly say David and the guys have kept my head above the surface for months now.


... Yes I know exactly what you mean! His music doesn't just keep my head up, but has helped lift me completely!

Even though some of his music is a bit depressing it still makes me feel calm and content to hear it... I know it doesn't make sence... Does it?

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder
 
Posts: 1438
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 7:01 pm
Location: Middle Tennessee, USA

Postby baht habit on Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:55 pm

No, it makes sense to me...though I wouldn't call his music depressing. I'd describe it as melancholy or relaxed. But in my opinion the many interesting styles of music that he brings into his own mix and the wonderful musicianship of the players he chooses to work with is what keeps it from becoming dark or depressing....With the exception of 'blemish', which I perceive as mainly dark and depressing.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing
 
Posts: 667
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 3:37 pm

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:38 pm

I agree with you Baht. I don't think Sylvian's solo music is depressing except for Blemish. But I also called some of it as melancholy , although it's not a reason enough to make me feel sad while listening to it.
I think Japan music is much darker than Sylvian solo work.
Image
User avatar
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing
 
Posts: 736
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 7:12 am
Location: Madrid, Spain

Postby krausy on Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:14 pm

I believe that I have run the whole gammit of emotions with his work. Sometimes, and especially in the car driving around town running errands, I listen to the very early stuff with Japan, or listen to my "favorite part" on Oil on Canvas, and grin like a fool and feel butterflies in my stomach..............


Then later at night, driving home from work, I recall a few times listening to "I surrender" or "Wanderlust" and look at the stars and roll the window halfway down and feel the night air.............and imagine I am being serenaded by him or better yet, being danced under the moonlight......

...........and speaking of "Silver Moon", that song brings the waterworks every time!!!!! It is just one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard in my life.

It is all like a drug whose fix is irresistable!!!! It definitely lifts my mood when I really need it. I sometimes allow things to get to me too much, and get really stressed out. This last year I have dealt with family issues, with a lot of changes occuring, and it has been difficult to convince myself that everything will be alright and that I am doing the right things, and having music to turn to, to clear my head and reassure me that everything WILL be alright, has helped tremendously. I suppose in my life it is what I have always turned to, instead of alcohol, or drugs, or bad relationships to get me through.
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
User avatar
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing
 
Posts: 1108
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Crystal Coast, North Carolina

Postby Silver Moon on Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:43 am

krausy wrote:Then later at night, driving home from work, I recall a few times listening to "I surrender" or "Wanderlust" and look at the stars and roll the window halfway down and feel the night air.............and imagine I am being serenaded by him or better yet, being danced under the moonlight.......


Aww! I do the same thing- We frequently get storms around here, so if I'm driving around at night- Chances are there is a storm in the distance... And I like to pop in "Before the Bullfight" and roll down the window and watch the lightning!

krausy wrote:...........and speaking of "Silver Moon", that song brings the waterworks every time!!!!! It is just one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard in my life..


Agreed. Hence- the name :-D

krausy wrote:It is all like a drug whose fix is irresistable!!!! It definitely lifts my mood when I really need it. I sometimes allow things to get to me too much, and get really stressed out. This last year I have dealt with family issues, with a lot of changes occuring, and it has been difficult to convince myself that everything will be alright and that I am doing the right things, and having music to turn to, to clear my head and reassure me that everything WILL be alright, has helped tremendously. I suppose in my life it is what I have always turned to, instead of alcohol, or drugs, or bad relationships to get me through.


EXACTLY!! If only people who get involved with those things would realize there are other things out there that don't harm you that are so so SO much better!! Whether it's sports, films, music, art, or whatever!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder
 
Posts: 1438
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 7:01 pm
Location: Middle Tennessee, USA

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:46 am

Totaly agree. Music has always been an outlet for me. Wether I'm angry , sad or euforic. I have a type of music to each moment :-D And it ussually makes me feel much better and think positively.
Image
User avatar
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing
 
Posts: 736
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 7:12 am
Location: Madrid, Spain

Postby arieleleven on Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:47 am

krausy wrote:It is all like a drug whose fix is irresistable!!!! It definitely lifts my mood when I really need it. I sometimes allow things to get to me too much, and get really stressed out. This last year I have dealt with family issues, with a lot of changes occuring, and it has been difficult to convince myself that everything will be alright and that I am doing the right things, and having music to turn to, to clear my head and reassure me that everything WILL be alright, has helped tremendously. I suppose in my life it is what I have always turned to, instead of alcohol, or drugs, or bad relationships to get me through.


I totally agree with everything you say here...music I think is a great healer and a much healthier outlet than many other options, particularly the ones you mention. Sadly, I went through a time where I did rely on some rather unhealthy life choices to try and get me through, but unlike many of my Japanfriends from the days of yore, I am lucky enough to have survived (though sometimes I do feel a tinge of survivor's guilt).

I'm sorry that you have been going through some tough times with your family in recent times, Krausy...I hope all will turn out for the best, and thank goodness for music to help in the meantime.

Stay safe from Ernesto, too!
These are years with a genius for living.
User avatar
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:41 pm
Location: USA

Previous

Return to Nine Horses

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron