New Material to be Released in November

David and Steve's last project together, together with Bernd Friedmann

New Material to be Released in November

Postby heartofdavid on Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:27 am

On Steve's website (part of the samadhisound website), it's stated that he will be previewing new Nine Horses material during the dates he's playing in Japan in September. The material is supposed to be released in November.

It also sounds likes he's previewing material for his own solo project.

Saw this on japan_pioneers first.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:52 am

YAY!!! I can't wait to hear it!!
Thanks a lot for the info heart!!
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby baht habit on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:58 pm

I noticed that Tim Elsenburg will be performing in collaboration with Jansen. Elsenburg contributed guitar to a song on Snow Borne Sorrow (I believe it was History of Holes, but not sure) and When Monday Comes Around. I also noticed that in the little blurb about the upcoming shows that Elsenburg was listed as singer/composer. And that, as stated above, the two are going to debut some new Nine Horses material.
Now could it very well be possible that Nine Horses will continue....but with Elsenburg as vocalist in place of Sylvian, who decided against carrying on? Just a thought I'm running by you all. Would you still be interested in a band called Nine Horses without a contribution from Sylvian?
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:25 pm

You're correct on the songs. :)

Eisenberg is not mentioned as vocalist/composer 'for' Nine Horses, he's only described as 'a' vocalist/composer, similar to how the descriptive words 'drummer' or 'ex-Japan' is used with Steve when he's mentioned in print.

I would doubt that he's the new guy in Nine Horses. Likely he's available for these engagements and it was an opportunity to debut new material, perhaps to test audience response, maybe they'e been thinking about touring.

With the lyrics on Snow Borne Sorrow being written by David, it would be a drastic change in style and content if another lyricist took his place. Might still be interesting and good, but it wouldn't be the same band.

I'm really interested in this solo project of Steve's. There've been many mentions of this, David especially saying he's been encouraging Steve to do it. I wouldn't be surprised if it was an intrumental album, but I'd like to hear Steve sing again, or even duet with David.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:40 pm

Yeahhhh!!

This is awesome! I have been waiting for news about a new project... I hope our man DS is still the vocalist... Not saying that anyone else would be bad, but DS is well... Our man!! Also a solo project from Steve?? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!

Time to celebrate...

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby godisinthesilences on Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:30 pm

very very interesting news... thank you so much for sharing.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:10 pm

What? David not part of Nine Horses anymore? :shock:

What are you people trying to do to me?!?!?!? :cry:

:smt022
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:06 pm

krausy wrote:What? David not part of Nine Horses anymore? :shock:

What are you people trying to do to me?!?!?!? :cry:

:smt022

I know!

Steve doing a solo album would be bleedin' awesome, though.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby baht habit on Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:56 am

ok, ok...relax :) I was only posing a hypothetical. Besides, after hearing a little bit of Tim Elsenburg's voice and compositions, I myself don't think that I would all that interested in a Nine Horses with him placed in the lead spot.
Now on to the mention of November's release date for new Nine Horses material: Doesn't it seem odd that this tiny little blurb promoting a Steve Jansen performance has been the only mention of any new release? In relation to such a release (which we all surely agree would be a big development for fans of Sylvian), look at how Sylvian put the forthcoming release of "To Play" by Derek Bailey (which Sylvian mixed and produced) on the front page of the official website. I think the promotion for that release first began in late winter, early spring and the release date won't be until September. In contrast, this supposed upcoming Nine Horses release hasn't received any attention from Sylvian or the Samadhi site. One would think that if November was a set date fror a cd release, then some greater publicity other than a casual blurb would have begun by now.
Last edited by baht habit on Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:51 am

baht habit wrote:ok, ok...relax :) I was only posing a hypothetical.

Ok... That's what I thought you were talking about all along! Then people started freaking out- And then I started freaking out... like "What- Did I miss something?... Oh no!!" So... Everyone was just freakin' out!! Bllllarrggh!...

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby heartofdavid on Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:34 am

baht habit wrote:In contrast, this supposed upcoming Nine Horses release hasn't received any attention from Sylvian or the Samadhi site. One would think that if November was a set date, then some greater publicity other than a casual blurb would have begun by now.
So my cynical prediction is that 2006 will pass without any Nine Horses release.

I never know what to think or expect from David. The site is so lackluster, and careless/halfhearted in updating. Some things are stated well in advance, others aren't, some are skipped altogether. It's mostly very aloof and impersonal too; once in a while we get tidbits like the photos posted this year by David and Steve, or a poem. It's nicely designed but empty, like an unfurnished house or a model home that has the components but nobody lives there. Maybe that's how they want it.

Will something be released? Eventually, lol.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:10 pm

More news from ymorare and japan_pioneers, posted by Paul Rymer on the latter:

"All - not sure if you're aware of this.
I've been querying 'Birds Sing For Their Lives', and this is latest
I've heard :-

A new nine horses ep will be available before the year's end. It will
feature two new tracks plus some remixes from the 'snow borne sorrow'
cd. In addition the ep will feature the track 'birds sing for their
lives'. All will be available as downloads via the site."

Interesting.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:34 pm

Thanks for the info heart!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby krausy on Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:08 pm

Well, I suppose I assumed that although part of the question here was hypothetical, that it was asked because the OTHER part of the info was confirmed fact. Furthermore I also assume that some people here may have learned something I did not know yet. Surely I did not mean to alarm everyone. I was just reacting to what I thought was confirmed.

You would think by now that stuff like that whether hypothetical or real would just roll off my back. Sometimes I equate being a Sylvian fan to being on a ferris wheel when the operator stops the car at the very top to perform maintenance or to use the lavatory...... "okay, why are we stopped and when are we starting up again........?"

Don't mind me, my week has ended as poopy ka ka.....................

But I WILL say that Steve rules, so of course I would listen to anything he is involved in, as I would Mick or Rich or Rob for that matter.............
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:42 am

LOL Krausy it's ok for freaking out- I would have freaked out too... Infact, I almost did! I don't think anyone quite knew what was going on though... But it's ok to be a Sylvian fanatic... That's why were all here! :-D

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Next

Return to Nine Horses