-->NEW RULE<-- [For lurkers & guests only!]

Please check here for any updates on the site. Post your own bulletins also.

-->NEW RULE<-- [For lurkers & guests only!]

Postby Silver Moon on Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:13 am

Hello, members & guests!

First of all, if you have 1 or more posts in the forum, you need not read this. ... Off with you to better topics!

Ok... For everyone who has signed up, and never posted, or is planning on signing up in the future, I have a new rule that I would like to put into place!

... As most of you know, I get about 30 spam sign-ups a day that I have to go through and delete. Usually, only a mere one or two of these signups are legitimate, but sometimes it is quite hard to tell...

I would really appreciate it if when you all sign up, PLEASE put something relating to Sylvian/Japan in your interests box. (I mean, that is why we're all here, isn't it?) This will save me the trouble of having to look up every user that leaves everything blank. ... That means, instead of having to look up your e-mail, and look up the website/name provided on that e-mail, I can just approve you with no if's, and's, or but's.

I would also appreciate it if the non-posting/lurking members on here would do the same. ...I have been really cracking down on spam lately, deleting any member who doesn't seem (after throrough research, of course) legit. If you would put something, anything, relating to Japan/Sylvian in your interests it will save me the time of looking you up. (AND it will probably save you the risk of being accidently deleted!)

...If anyone who is reading this has been deleted and they were NOT spam... I apologize from the bottom of my heart. You can re-sign up again with no hard feelings, and this time you can put something in your interests to let me know you are not spam. ... And if I accidently delete you a second time (if you've followed the rule) I will send you a Fruit Basket.

So... This is the new rule! Now... Race to your profile page and modify your interests! ... The first one to do so wins!!!

Take care everyone,

-Kera-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby mikaels on Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:21 pm

Your wish is my command (although I have posted, but not much...) :D
/Mikael
--------------------------------------------------
- 'Do you indulge in any form of worship?'
- 'Life. I love life, very much indeed.'
mikaels
Regular
Regular

Postby Silver Moon on Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:46 pm

Thanks, Mikaels!

... I knew you were legit from your first post... It's usually not a problem if they post right away... I'm just now cracking down on spam for everyone, but I've always wondered about the lurking members! I'd hate to think I'd accidently approved spam on JapanSylvian, icky-poo!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Pagoda on Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:37 pm

Ah, wonderful! I can post!

The sign-up process had me confused for a bit there.

Anyway, looks like a cool forum; I've been a fan of Japan for a few years now, only just discovering David Sylvian's later work. Enjoying it all very much.

I hope I can make a worthwhile contribution :D
Pagoda
Regular
Regular

Postby Hawk on Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:54 pm

Hello! I'm sorry, I only just noticed this. I now have many more interests than when I started! :wink: I have only recently discovered Mr Sylvian's work. I thought this forum was a good place to find some direction - there is so much to soak up! I am a very grateful sponge - thank you.
Hawk
Obsessed
Obsessed

Return to *Bulletin Board*