*NEW* Video Library, Photos, & Avatars...

Please check here for any updates on the site. Post your own bulletins also.

Postby krausy on Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:24 am

I wouldn't worry too much about it Kera. You created this site with the best of intentions, which were to have an outlet for your love of the band and it's members, and in doing so provided a service to your fellow Japan/Sylvian fans. Anyone getting incredibly upset about it I find to be incredibly silly. Yes, we get fangirly, yes, we think he and the others is mighty fine looking specimens, but guess what? We can also have intelligent conversation with each other and share our knowledge and talk about how intelligent and talented they are too. We have a nice balance here, without all the bickering and competition that goes on at other sites. I think this site is the most "user-friendly"in that respect and is the site I come to first these days.

I can't explain to everyone why I am drawn to David and his work so much, heck, I am still learning things. Yeah, I was introduced to him over twenty years ago, but I only liked some of it back then. Now I listen to the same songs I heard back then and I-----just------love------them!!!!!!!!And David's work, well, It is like comfort to me right now. Whether it is that way for me always I don't know, but my past history with music dictates that once you've caught me hook, line and sinker you got me forever!!!!

So the way I see it is------if he doesn't like it that is just too bad, because once you put your self out in public like that, meaning the work, you run the risk of people identifying with it, and really loving it, and that you cannot turn off like a faucet or pull it back because you feel vulnerable. That is not what it is all about with us. It is about appreciating art and wanting to make something better of ourselves through it's influence, and making some great friends in the process. Heck, if it were not for David, I wouldn't know Gods, or Proggrl, or any of you here.

Gee, thanks Dave!!!!!!!!! mwah!!!!!!!
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:37 am

krausy wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about it Kera. You created this site with the best of intentions, which were to have an outlet for your love of the band and it's members, and in doing so provided a service to your fellow Japan/Sylvian fans. Anyone getting incredibly upset about it I find to be incredibly silly. Yes, we get fangirly, yes, we think he and the others is mighty fine looking specimens, but guess what? We can also have intelligent conversation with each other and share our knowledge and talk about how intelligent and talented they are too. We have a nice balance here, without all the bickering and competition that goes on at other sites. I think this site is the most "user-friendly"in that respect and is the site I come to first these days.

I can't explain to everyone why I am drawn to David and his work so much, heck, I am still learning things. Yeah, I was introduced to him over twenty years ago, but I only liked some of it back then. Now I listen to the same songs I heard back then and I-----just------love------them!!!!!!!!And David's work, well, It is like comfort to me right now. Whether it is that way for me always I don't know, but my past history with music dictates that once you've caught me hook, line and sinker you got me forever!!!!

So the way I see it is------if he doesn't like it that is just too bad, because once you put your self out in public like that, meaning the work, you run the risk of people identifying with it, and really loving it, and that you cannot turn off like a faucet or pull it back because you feel vulnerable. That is not what it is all about with us. It is about appreciating art and wanting to make something better of ourselves through it's influence, and making some great friends in the process. Heck, if it were not for David, I wouldn't know Gods, or Proggrl, or any of you here.

Gee, thanks Dave!!!!!!!!! mwah!!!!!!!

HERE, HERE!!!!!!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:57 pm

I posted a few pics today from "Sons of Pioneers", in different albums. Enjoy.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:39 am

Thank you heart!!! Really great pics!!! And thanks to Ariel too!!!!
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:23 am

Hey!!! The new banners are just great!!!!

I love to wait and think...'what will be on the next page??' LOL

Very nice. :D
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:24 am

I LOVE ALL THE NEW BANNERS !!!!!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:39 am

Thanks!

I'm going to make a lot more, too... Along with some Holiday themed ones!!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby godisinthesilences on Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:21 pm

very cool girl... keep up the great work! Love the empty chairs one!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:16 am

I have a request. Would anyone be willing to help the hopeless, meaning me? lol

I have some pics of David that I got off the web, years ago, no idea who took them. They are dressing room pics from the start of the E&N tour, David's hair is short and he's wearing one of the suits that he wore during the European phase of the tour. I've never seen these pics posted elsewhere, they're of David relaxing and getting dressed backstage.

They are large pics, 1200 x 1600, about 150KB. I'm clueless on how to reduce them so they would fit here. I've tried using photobucket's reduce feature, doesn't work for me. It says the pic has been reduced but when viewed or posted (I've tried in my lj at livejournal), they're still the same massive size. I have no idea how to use photoshop or anything like that.

Would anyone be willing to send me a pm with their email, so I could send one pic as an attachment, and see if they could reduce it to a suitable size?
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Savoy on Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:25 am

I'd be glad to help you out with those pics, heart! My email's in my profile.
"I will not move my army without onions."
Ulysses S. Grant
Savoy
Regular
Regular

Postby heartofdavid on Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:38 am

Thanks for responding, Savoy. :)

I got a pm before I saw your post, so hopefully the other person will be able to reduce and post the pic, I sent one as a sample of what they are like.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Online photo resizing

Postby John Trevethan on Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:43 pm

FYI -here's a handy online service where you can resize your photos for the galleries:

www.resize2mail.com/
John Trevethan
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby heartofdavid on Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:34 pm

John, thank you ever so much! I tried using that and it works beautifully!

And thank you sheisnot for taking care of that first pic, I'll resize and post the others soon.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:33 am

Thanks a lot for the pictures heart and sheisnot!!!!
It's great to see him laughing and relaxing :P
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:23 am

Heart- Thank you so much! I just want you to know that your pictures make my year!!!

I also apologize ahead of time if somoene has a question and I am unable to reply in time. I have no access to the computer between 11 - 4 in the afternoon. So that is why I do not come back quickly to help! (But thank you to all who have!)

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

PreviousNext

Return to *Bulletin Board*