ingrids site

Please check here for any updates on the site. Post your own bulletins also.

Ingrid's Poems on her website

Postby Darkest Dreamer on Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:08 pm

Hey, is it just me or do almost all of Ingrid's poems on her new site sound kind of the same and with the same theme of losing David, please come back to me David.... wah wah wah, oh David call me your Angel again David. The theme is getting a bit repetitive, boring and whiney. I think Ingrid is a bit overrated after I read these and listened to her breathy voice 'music'.
"I don't want to be alone with all my darkest dreaming..."
Darkest Dreamer
Regular
Regular

Postby godisinthesilences on Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:27 pm

no no sheisnot... i wasn't saying you did a below the belt comment. I meant camphorvan's comment. I am terribly sorry for that confusion. I was basically agreeing with what you said. Again, sorry for that.

@ camphorvan - you are again talking out your proverbial a**. I am a creator... just as any artist is. Just because I don't draw or paint something doesn't mean I am not a creator in the same type of way as a "typical" artist.
"'Defensive'" you bet I am. When someone clearly insults my career... all the effort, time, study, education, creativity, life energy I've put into my work I don't appreciate it when someone devalues it. It is like saying that what I do or believe is not as valuable. Photography isn't just something I do ... it is who I am just like a painter is a painter.

I wish us all to have good discussions here and I believe this one fulfilled that. However, I prefer things not to get out of hand any further on my end. I'd rather we all had fun here and enjoyed chatting without insulting anyone else.

I wish you all peace, love and light. Namaste'
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:58 pm

So... How bout them Mets!?
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby sheisnot on Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:26 pm

Whew. For a second there I thought I p*ssed someone off and I don't want to do that because I like all you people.

Whether we like Ingrid's poetry or not, whether we think photography is an art or not, I'd like to think we can have a debate instead of an argument. After all, we're all friends here, joined by our mutual love for all things Sylvian. :)
It is all entirely perfect--it is as it should be.
sheisnot
Obsessed
Obsessed

Re: Ingrid's Poems on her website

Postby sheisnot on Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:27 pm

Darkest Dreamer wrote:Hey, is it just me or do almost all of Ingrid's poems on her new site sound kind of the same and with the same theme of losing David, please come back to me David.... wah wah wah, oh David call me your Angel again David. The theme is getting a bit repetitive, boring and whiney. I think Ingrid is a bit overrated after I read these and listened to her breathy voice 'music'.

Man, lemme tell ya, if I lost David Sylvian I'd be writing lots of whiny "David come back to me" poetry, too. Can't say that I blame her one bit on that note.
sheisnot
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby lastgoldstar on Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:41 pm

Silver Moon wrote:...

So... How bout them Mets!?

Heh heh... I was thinking the same thing. Those Mets are great!

sheisnot wrote:if I lost David Sylvian I'd be writing lots of whiny "David come back to me" poetry, too.

Agreed!
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Ingrid's Poems on her website

Postby krausy on Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:43 pm

sheisnot wrote:
Darkest Dreamer wrote:Hey, is it just me or do almost all of Ingrid's poems on her new site sound kind of the same and with the same theme of losing David, please come back to me David.... wah wah wah, oh David call me your Angel again David. The theme is getting a bit repetitive, boring and whiney. I think Ingrid is a bit overrated after I read these and listened to her breathy voice 'music'.

Man, lemme tell ya, if I lost David Sylvian I'd be writing lots of whiny "David come back to me" poetry, too. Can't say that I blame her one bit on that note.

Hmmmmmm, does this mean that he is the one holding out? Me thinks he went up a notch on the "righteous dude" index.............. :-D

Just kidding folks!!!!

However, I was pondering the following thoughts today while driving to work and listening to Oil On Canvas. I'm not sure if these thoughts occur because I am listening to the band (most likely) or if I am just trying to NOT think about work(very likely as work SUCKS lately :evil: :-D )

Thought # 1 How the David/Ingrid/third person triangle---hmmm, haven't we been here before? (Mick/Yuka/David triangle) and the moral of this story is..........................?

Thought # 2 How ironic it is that this band Japan, which for the most part worked diligently to make really good music and to cultivate their style and image through many different phases and eventually in the years since their demise be seriously considered an influential band, have as one of the reasons for their demise a disagreement over a girl....... :?

and before anyone says anything, I know this stuff has not been proven as fact. But it sure has been speculated over the years............. 8)

Okay, HOW did we get on this subject? :lol: :roll:
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sheisnot on Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:35 am

You think that's crazy, how about the similarities between the names "Yuka" and "Yoko". Coincidence? :wink:
sheisnot
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby camphorvan on Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:03 am

agreed, dreamer. like i say, lack of talent on ingrids part.

yes, i am completely righteous.

god, bit tetchy aren't you? don't think i'd like to meet you in an alley on dark night.

blimey. shall we all calm down now?

tea and crumpets around mine. I demand your attendance. especially God. She's a fesity little thing.
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:39 am

sheisnot wrote:You think that's crazy, how about the similarities between the names "Yuka" and "Yoko". Coincidence? :wink:

Yeah, I have already been there on that one too. In my sarcastic moments I call it "Yoka"

Over the years I come to the conclusion that Yoko is not all that bad, but I STILL don't know her, so that only goes that far, and I don't know anything at all about Yuka, so I really have no opinion on that one.
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:42 am

camphorvan wrote:agreed, dreamer. like i say, lack of talent on ingrids part.

yes, i am completely righteous.

god, bit tetchy aren't you? don't think i'd like to meet you in an alley on dark night.

blimey. shall we all calm down now?

tea and crumpets around mine. I demand your attendance. especially God. She's a fesity little thing.

I believe a huge tea pot and a table big enough to seat us all would be lovely. I always enjoy meeting fellow fans; in fact, I am having lunch today with a fellow Duran Duran fan visiting town on holiday. It is amazing how music/bands can bring perfect strangers together...... :D
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:55 am

Yeah Krausy!

Let's all get together and raid the fanciest-shmanciest resturaunt in town!!

... Agh, just kidding... We may be able to schwing McDonald's though... ;-)

... As for Yuka Fujii... I actually always thought she was pretty cool! :D

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby krausy on Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:04 am

Silver Moon wrote:Yeah Krausy!

Let's all get together and raid the fanciest-shmanciest resturaunt in town!!

... Agh, just kidding... We may be able to schwing McDonald's though... ;-)

... As for Yuka Fujii... I actually always thought she was pretty cool! :D

-K-

Hey, Mickie D's is moving up in the world, now. Ours here in NC have the specialty coffees---Cappucino, latte, etc. Do your have it yet? I understand it is only in certain markets right now.
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:48 pm

krausy wrote:Ours here in NC have the specialty coffees---Cappucino, latte, etc. Do your have it yet? I understand it is only in certain markets right now.

I'm pretty sure we don't have any cool McDonald's like that. Pity, too, because there's about a million of them here. I hate them, anyway... we have this one McDonald's that is particularly nasty in the hygiene department, and I've gotten food posioning from there more than once.

Everyone south of the Mason-Dixon line can join me for some sweetened, iced tea. :wink: Sweetened tea is the only good thing about living in the South. Mmm, so good.

Heh heh, Yuka Ono...
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:23 pm

hee hee... you think i'm feisty over this you ought to get me in bed ;-)
WWWWWWEEEEEEEEE :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to *Bulletin Board*